Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 01:59 AM by Deesse23.)
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(20-07-2016 08:55 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 08:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You're full of shit.

Go read Psellus or something. You are beginning to annoy me.

Catholic church is best!

Who is Psellus?

Western Europe was 1000 years Eastern orthodox, 500 years Catholic and 500 years Protestant.

Complete bullshit.
Western europe was never entirely "protestant" and at no point did orthodoxy play any significant role there. After Luther it was 50/50 protestant / catholic. Before this it was 100% catholic from 500BC-1500BC = 1000 years. And before this, the germanic tribes were arians.
Have you ever heared about the arian germanic tribes like visigoths or austrogoths who even conquered the western roman empire in the late 5th century? The (then dominating in western europe) Franks became catholic with Clovis / Chlodwig in ca. 500BC and remained so until the HRE was abandoned in 1805 (and the french kingdom perished around the same time due to the same, small guy).
At no point in time was any of the western european tribes or kingdoms orthodox. It was either arian (<500BC) or catholic, and after Luther protestant.
You are dreaming.

And what does the duration have to do with the credibility of a belief?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
21-07-2016, 05:33 AM
(20-07-2016 07:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  When the sun is darkened and the moon that of blood the end will be near.

Pretty sure the Sun will darken on it's own at some point in it's life cycle and the reflection of it will be red when seen through the moon.

When the sun "darkens" the earth and moon will be gone so there will be no reflection "through the moon" (whatever the fuck that means). Your ignorance of basic science is showing again.

(20-07-2016 08:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Nothing you say makes any separation of the body of Christ correct whatsoever. Nor does it make one piece in separation infallible.

Take your own advice.
Try providing some actual evidence or describe some methodology that could be used to verify your claims or just admit that you are a raving lunatic with no justification for any of your fantasies.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-07-2016, 06:12 AM
This thread is at 57 pages, I guess now is as good a time as any to actually click on it.
What's going on in here?
21-07-2016, 06:36 AM
(20-07-2016 07:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. GOD created existence that it might exist.
So you're now saying that your god created "existence" so that existence could exist? What a load of absurd non-reasoning. Do you know anything at all about the theories of logic? I'm guessing not.

Quote:When the sun is darkened and the moon that of blood the end will be near.
A so-called "blood moon" is caused by four consecutive lunar eclipses (or tetrad). It has nothing at all to do with the sun.

Quote:Pretty sure the Sun will darken on it's own at some point in it's life cycle and the reflection of it will be red when seen through the moon.
The sun has an estimated future life of 5 to 5.5 million years. But your claim that its "reflection" will be red when "seen through" the moon doesn't make any sense. Please explain.

Quote:Does this mean all will die at that time or be cast into eternal torment?
Yes; current scientific knowledge confirms that we'll all die at that time. We will not be "cast" into "eternal torment" because hell simply doesn't exist. When the human body dies, its substance and energy is transformed into other forms of energy. Or, if you will, our bodily atoms in one form or another are dissipated into the infinite space of the universe.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
21-07-2016, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 10:22 AM by popsthebuilder.)
(21-07-2016 06:36 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 07:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No. GOD created existence that it might exist.
So you're now saying that your god created "existence" so that existence could exist? What a load of absurd non-reasoning. Do you know anything at all about the theories of logic? I'm guessing not.

Quote:When the sun is darkened and the moon that of blood the end will be near.
A so-called "blood moon" is caused by four consecutive lunar eclipses (or tetrad). It has nothing at all to do with the sun.

Quote:Pretty sure the Sun will darken on it's own at some point in it's life cycle and the reflection of it will be red when seen through the moon.
The sun has an estimated future life of 5 to 5.5 million years. But your claim that its "reflection" will be red when "seen through" the moon doesn't make any sense. Please explain.

Quote:Does this mean all will die at that time or be cast into eternal torment?
Yes; current scientific knowledge confirms that we'll all die at that time. We will not be "cast" into "eternal torment" because hell simply doesn't exist. When the human body dies, its substance and energy is transformed into other forms of energy. Or, if you will, our bodily atoms in one form or another are dissipated into the infinite space of the universe.
The moon reflects the Sun's light doesn't it. I guess unfogged was saying that the moon won't be present when the sun goes into its ending life cycle.

I don't know. I was just saying that hell isn't eternal.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
21-07-2016, 09:12 AM
(21-07-2016 06:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This thread is at 57 pages, I guess now is as good a time as any to actually click on it.
What's going on in here?

There is nothing to see here, absolutely nothing going on at all. Keep passing on, dont stop and queue other people up. Go go go go GO.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
21-07-2016, 11:26 AM
(21-07-2016 08:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The moon reflects the Sun's light doesn't it. I guess unfogged was saying that the moon won't be present when the sun goes into its ending life cycle.

That's not what I was saying. I said that when the sun "darkens" the moon won't be present.

Quote:I don't know. I was just saying that hell isn't eternal.

No, you were spouting inaccurate scientific claims that have nothing to do with the question if the existence of hell. Your attempt to spin vague statements made in scriptures to align your personal delusions with your misunderstanding of science is just pathetic.

21-07-2016, 11:29 AM
(21-07-2016 09:12 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 06:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This thread is at 57 pages, I guess now is as good a time as any to actually click on it.
What's going on in here?

There is nothing to see here, absolutely nothing going on at all. Keep passing on, dont stop and queue other people up. Go go go go GO.

Oh, I don't know. Watching the gullible pasadi argue with the delusional pops is worth a few chuckles. It is a veritable smorgasbord of ignorance and fallacy.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
21-07-2016, 11:54 AM
(21-07-2016 11:26 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The moon reflects the Sun's light doesn't it. I guess unfogged was saying that the moon won't be present when the sun goes into its ending life cycle.

That's not what I was saying. I said that when the sun "darkens" the moon won't be present.

Quote:I don't know. I was just saying that hell isn't eternal.

No, you were spouting inaccurate scientific claims that have nothing to do with the question if the existence of hell. Your attempt to spin vague statements made in scriptures to align your personal delusions with your misunderstanding of science is just pathetic.
So where is the moon going?

And it is related.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
21-07-2016, 12:01 PM
(21-07-2016 11:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So where is the moon going?

When the sun goes Red Giant the moon and the earth will be consumed by it, silly. It will be a long time after the sun goes Red Giant before it goes dark.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post