Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2016 12:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(21-07-2016 06:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This thread is at 57 pages, I guess now is as good a time as any to actually click on it.
What's going on in here?

popsicle is working on his writing skills and ability to properly express his meaning. Albeit with limited success.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2016, 12:32 PM
(21-07-2016 12:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 11:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So where is the moon going?

When the sun goes Red Giant the moon and the earth will be consumed by it, silly. It will be a long time after the sun goes Red Giant before it goes dark.
But it would be darker at the beginning of that stage before it consumes the earth and moon, and all will be scorched.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
21-07-2016, 12:39 PM
(21-07-2016 12:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 12:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  When the sun goes Red Giant the moon and the earth will be consumed by it, silly. It will be a long time after the sun goes Red Giant before it goes dark.
But it would be darker at the beginning of that stage before it consumes the earth and moon, and all will be scorched.

So now we're talking darker instead of dark. And I ain't no astrophysicist but I'm pretty sure it will be a gazillion times brighter while giving up the ghost before it goes Red Giant.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-07-2016, 12:50 PM
(21-07-2016 11:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So where is the moon going?

It isn't "going" anywhere.

Quote:And it is related.

Only in your little fantasy world.

How about you first define "hell" including what it is and where it is. Then demonstrate the truth of your claims. Once that's done it may be worth considering whether it is eternal or not. Until then, it's arguing about the average length of unicorn horns.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-07-2016, 03:36 PM
(21-07-2016 06:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This thread is at 57 pages, I guess now is as good a time as any to actually click on it.
What's going on in here?

It is beneath you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-07-2016, 04:37 PM
(21-07-2016 01:22 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 06:00 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  You said you want to ask other people about best religion and denomination. I say don't forget to ask God about best religion and denomination in his eyes.
Say
Dear God please lert me kn ow which is the best religion and denomination in your eyes. Please teach me about all religions and denominations the way you see them Please show to me your miracles that you do .Amen.

God know better.

I know of four instances when people asked God about which denomination is best. only one instance is written in a book.

The name of the book is "History of Moldavia or "Letopisetul Tarii Moldovei". In the book is the following story. Micheal the great jut won a battle against people of Transylvania and wanted to build a Church. The problem was that people of Transylvania in that city were Roman Catholic and people of Michael the Great were eastern Orthodox . Everyone wanted a Church in their denomination. After debate they agreed to build the Church for the denomination that is right. Rom,an Catholic people said lets debate and who wins the debate wins. People of Michael the Great did not agree and said lets ask God for a miracle. They agreed. So they decided to obtain Holy Water and to put in a Church for several days., Then to pray to God to make Holy Water of true denomination crisp and to make the Holy Water of wrong denomination foul and smelly. So they did like that and after 3 days they opened the Church and Eastern Orthodox Holy Water was crisp and good anyhow Roman Catholic Holy water was foul and smelling. So the Church built was Eastern orthodox.

Holy Water is special water obtained through blessing. It resits for years . Some people say its molecular movement changed from brownian movement to a more ordered movement. http://stmaryofstamford.org/holywater.html

The second instance was a protestant woman that prayed to a Roman Catholic Saint for best denomination. She had a vision seeing an Eastern orthodox monk. She recognized it later as Saint Seraphim of Sarov and she become eastern orthodox.

In Africa a man heard about Roman Catholic Church, Protestant Church and an offshot Eastern orthodox Church and asked God about which denomination is right. After that he received a vision about a priest in garment of Eastern Orthodox priest and came to that Church.

I have asked God in prayer about best denomination and religion in his eyes and to show me his miracles. I run on some articles and I had several thoughts that convinced me Eastern orthodox Church is the best denomination.

Please stop unrelated babbling. You may do this witin your church or congregation. I prefer actual conversation. If you dont want to engage with me, then say so. If you wanna talk to me, then do so, related to my topics.
I consider random talkings to strangers to be either pathologic or an insult.

So again, and please no 2 page essays.

How.do.you.know.it.was.God.
Are you trying to tell me its because some other people say so?
Quote:I have asked God in prayer about best denomination and religion in his eyes and to show me his miracles. I run on some articles and I had several thoughts that convinced me Eastern orthodox Church is the best denomination.
Please spare me with stories of other people and why other people may or may not have engaged with god. Or are you trying to argue you believe all this because someone else said/wrote that something happened to him/her? Are you really that gullible?

Did he talk to you?

He was tricked by LUCIFER!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-07-2016, 05:05 PM
(20-07-2016 09:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:09 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Nope. There was no Protestant Church prior to 1500 neither Protestant doctrine prior to Luther around 1500. No baptists, sda or non denominational prior to Luther. Neither their doctrines. Most Protestant believe Church of Jesus failed in year 300+. Read Church writtings prior to that datra and try to find Protestantism there. Good luck. Is all about today Eastern orthodox doctrine.

Example. Apostle Luke painted icons. Churches prior to 1500 respect icons and have icons. Most Protestant Churches despise icons. No Church despising icons prior to 1500. Many other examples.

Luther and first Protestants came from Catholic Church. There was no hidden Church.,
Oh. That's odd.

Baptist historian Bruce Gourley outlines four main views of Baptist origins: (1) The modern scholarly consensus that the movement traces its origin to the 17th century via the English Separatists, (2) the view that it was an outgrowth of Anabaptist traditions, (3) the perpetuity view which assumes that the Baptist faith and practice has existed since the time of Christ, and (4) the successionist view, or "Baptist successionism", which argues that Baptist churches actually existed in an unbroken chain since the time of Christ.[3]

Prior to the 20th century, Baptist historians generally wrote from the perspective that Baptists had existed since the time of Christ.[20] Proponents of the Baptist successionist or perpetuity view consider the Baptist movement to have existed independently from Roman Catholicism and prior to the Protestant Reformation.[21]

The perpetuity view is often identified with The Trail of Blood, a booklet of five lectures by J.M. Carrol published in 1931.[21] Other Baptist writers who advocate the successionist theory of Baptist origins are John T. Christian, Thomas Crosby, G. H. Orchard, J. M. Cramp, William Cathcart, Adam Taylor and D. B. Ray[21][22] This view was also held by English Baptist preacher, Charles Spurgeon[23] as well as Jesse Mercer, the namesake of Mercer University.[24][original research?]

Baptist successionism (also known as "Baptist perpetuity") is one of several theories on the origin and continuation of Baptist churches. The tenet of the theory is that there has been an unbroken chain of churches since the days of John the Baptist, who baptized Christ, which have held beliefs similar (although not always the name) to those of current Baptists. Ancient anti-paedobaptist groups, such as the Montanists, Paulicians, Cathari, Waldenses, Albigenses, and Anabaptists, have been among those viewed by Baptist successionists as the predecessors of modern-day Baptists.[1]

All from Wikipedia.

Baptist dating to John the Baptist is just a theory. And there are large periods of time when there were no traces of baptists in this theory. And they existed in so large number that their founder and originator had to be a Church of England pastor:
"Smyth was ordained as an Anglican priest in 1594 in England. He preached in the city of Lincoln in 1600 to 1602.[3] Soon after his ordination, he broke with the Church of England and left for Holland where he and his small congregation began to study the Bible ardently. He briefly returned to England."

I don't believe this theory.
21-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Holy Water miracle of Eastern Orthodox Church. http://stmaryofstamford.org/holywater.html
21-07-2016, 05:10 PM
(21-07-2016 05:06 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Holy Water miracle of Eastern Orthodox Church. http://stmaryofstamford.org/holywater.html

You need to use a non religious source. This is verging on lunacy.

Banjo.
21-07-2016, 05:23 PM
(21-07-2016 01:22 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 06:00 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  You said you want to ask other people about best religion and denomination. I say don't forget to ask God about best religion and denomination in his eyes.
Say
Dear God please lert me kn ow which is the best religion and denomination in your eyes. Please teach me about all religions and denominations the way you see them Please show to me your miracles that you do .Amen.

God know better.

I know of four instances when people asked God about which denomination is best. only one instance is written in a book.

The name of the book is "History of Moldavia or "Letopisetul Tarii Moldovei". In the book is the following story. Micheal the great jut won a battle against people of Transylvania and wanted to build a Church. The problem was that people of Transylvania in that city were Roman Catholic and people of Michael the Great were eastern Orthodox . Everyone wanted a Church in their denomination. After debate they agreed to build the Church for the denomination that is right. Rom,an Catholic people said lets debate and who wins the debate wins. People of Michael the Great did not agree and said lets ask God for a miracle. They agreed. So they decided to obtain Holy Water and to put in a Church for several days., Then to pray to God to make Holy Water of true denomination crisp and to make the Holy Water of wrong denomination foul and smelly. So they did like that and after 3 days they opened the Church and Eastern Orthodox Holy Water was crisp and good anyhow Roman Catholic Holy water was foul and smelling. So the Church built was Eastern orthodox.

Holy Water is special water obtained through blessing. It resits for years . Some people say its molecular movement changed from brownian movement to a more ordered movement. http://stmaryofstamford.org/holywater.html

The second instance was a protestant woman that prayed to a Roman Catholic Saint for best denomination. She had a vision seeing an Eastern orthodox monk. She recognized it later as Saint Seraphim of Sarov and she become eastern orthodox.

In Africa a man heard about Roman Catholic Church, Protestant Church and an offshot Eastern orthodox Church and asked God about which denomination is right. After that he received a vision about a priest in garment of Eastern Orthodox priest and came to that Church.

I have asked God in prayer about best denomination and religion in his eyes and to show me his miracles. I run on some articles and I had several thoughts that convinced me Eastern orthodox Church is the best denomination.

Please stop unrelated babbling. You may do this witin your church or congregation. I prefer actual conversation. If you dont want to engage with me, then say so. If you wanna talk to me, then do so, related to my topics.
I consider random talkings to strangers to be either pathologic or an insult.

So again, and please no 2 page essays.

How.do.you.know.it.was.God.
Are you trying to tell me its because some other people say so?
Quote:I have asked God in prayer about best denomination and religion in his eyes and to show me his miracles. I run on some articles and I had several thoughts that convinced me Eastern orthodox Church is the best denomination.
Please spare me with stories of other people and why other people may or may not have engaged with god. Or are you trying to argue you believe all this because someone else said/wrote that something happened to him/her? Are you really that gullible?

Did he talk to you?

Look based on first story they built a Church that is eastern orthodox. Even today if one compares Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic Holy Waters , orthodox resists more because Catholics changed the prayer. Protestants departed even farther away renouncing Holy Water all together.

Also Easterb Oerthodox Church has the way of prayer and many that walked on it went to Heaven.
Also the Church has many stories of people going to Heaven
https://oca.org/saints/lives/2008/09/11/...alexandria
Saint Euphrosynus the Cook was from one of the Palestinian monasteries, and his obedience was to work in the kitchen as a cook. Toiling away for the brethren, St Euphrosynus did not absent himself from thought about God, but rather dwelt in prayer and fasting. He remembered always that obedience is the first duty of a monk, and therefore he was obedient to the elder brethren.

The patience of the saint was amazing: they often reproached him, but he made no complaint and endured every unpleasantness. St Euphrosynus pleased the Lord by his inner virtue which he concealed from people, and the Lord Himself revealed to the monastic brethren the spiritual heights of their unassuming fellow-monk.

One of the priests of the monastery prayed and asked the Lord to show him the blessings prepared for the righteous in the age to come. The priest saw in a dream what Paradise is like, and he contemplated its inexplicable beauty with fear and with joy.

He also saw there a monk of his monastery, the cook Euphrosynus. Amazed at this encounter, the presbyter asked Euphrosynus, how he came to be there. The saint answered that he was in Paradise through the great mercy of God. The priest again asked whether Euphrosynus would be able to give him something from the surrounding beauty. St Euphrosynus suggested to the priest to take whatever he wished, and so the priest pointed to three luscious apples growing in the garden of Paradise. The monk picked the three apples, wrapped them in a cloth, and gave them to his companion.

When he awoke in the early morning, the priest thought the vision a dream, but suddenly he noticed next to him the cloth with the fruit of Paradise wrapped in it, and emitting a wondrous fragrance. The priest, found St Euphrosynus in church and asked him under oath where he was the night before. The saint answered that he was where the priest also was. Then the monk said that the Lord, in fulfilling the prayer of the priest, had shown him Paradise and had bestown the fruit of Paradise through him, “ the lowly and unworthy servant of God, Euphrosynus.”

The priest related everything to the monastery brethren, pointing out the spiritual loftiness of Euphrosynus in pleasing God, and he pointed to the fragrant paradaisical fruit. Deeply affected by what they heard, the monks went to the kitchen, in order to pay respect to St Euphrosynus, but they did not find him there. Fleeing human glory, the monk had left the monastery. The place where he concealed himself remained unknown, but the monks always remembered that their monastic brother St Euphrosynus had come upon Paradise, and that they in being saved, through the mercy of God would meet him there. They reverently kept and distributed pieces of the apples from Paradise for blessing and for healing.