Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(21-07-2016 06:36 AM)SYZ Wrote:  The sun has an estimated future life of 5 to 5.5 million years.

Oh dear... of course that should read 5 to 5.5 billion years. I blame the theists LOL.

—Thanks to Full Circle for pointing this out. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
22-07-2016, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2016 01:06 PM by pasadi97.)
(21-07-2016 08:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 05:23 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Look based on first story they built a Church that is eastern orthodox. Even today if one compares Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic Holy Waters , orthodox resists more because Catholics changed the prayer. Protestants departed even farther away renouncing Holy Water all together.

Also Easterb Oerthodox Church has the way of prayer and many that walked on it went to Heaven.
Also the Church has many stories of people going to Heaven
https://oca.org/saints/lives/2008/09/11/...alexandria
Saint Euphrosynus the Cook was from one of the Palestinian monasteries, and his obedience was to work in the kitchen as a cook. Toiling away for the brethren, St Euphrosynus did not absent himself from thought about God, but rather dwelt in prayer and fasting. He remembered always that obedience is the first duty of a monk, and therefore he was obedient to the elder brethren.

The patience of the saint was amazing: they often reproached him, but he made no complaint and endured every unpleasantness. St Euphrosynus pleased the Lord by his inner virtue which he concealed from people, and the Lord Himself revealed to the monastic brethren the spiritual heights of their unassuming fellow-monk.

One of the priests of the monastery prayed and asked the Lord to show him the blessings prepared for the righteous in the age to come. The priest saw in a dream what Paradise is like, and he contemplated its inexplicable beauty with fear and with joy.

He also saw there a monk of his monastery, the cook Euphrosynus. Amazed at this encounter, the presbyter asked Euphrosynus, how he came to be there. The saint answered that he was in Paradise through the great mercy of God. The priest again asked whether Euphrosynus would be able to give him something from the surrounding beauty. St Euphrosynus suggested to the priest to take whatever he wished, and so the priest pointed to three luscious apples growing in the garden of Paradise. The monk picked the three apples, wrapped them in a cloth, and gave them to his companion.

When he awoke in the early morning, the priest thought the vision a dream, but suddenly he noticed next to him the cloth with the fruit of Paradise wrapped in it, and emitting a wondrous fragrance. The priest, found St Euphrosynus in church and asked him under oath where he was the night before. The saint answered that he was where the priest also was. Then the monk said that the Lord, in fulfilling the prayer of the priest, had shown him Paradise and had bestown the fruit of Paradise through him, “ the lowly and unworthy servant of God, Euphrosynus.”

The priest related everything to the monastery brethren, pointing out the spiritual loftiness of Euphrosynus in pleasing God, and he pointed to the fragrant paradaisical fruit. Deeply affected by what they heard, the monks went to the kitchen, in order to pay respect to St Euphrosynus, but they did not find him there. Fleeing human glory, the monk had left the monastery. The place where he concealed himself remained unknown, but the monks always remembered that their monastic brother St Euphrosynus had come upon Paradise, and that they in being saved, through the mercy of God would meet him there. They reverently kept and distributed pieces of the apples from Paradise for blessing and for healing.
So the monk was eastern orthodox?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Yes. The monk was Eastern orthodox Monk like in a greek Church.

I am not a prayer person. YOu look like a prayer person a person that can pray. Please pray for the people on this forum to go to Heaven and to go to Church established by Jesus Christ and apostles. I think you can add yourself to that prayer.

I know many things I did not say yet why being in Church of Jesus is better than being in Church established by men. MAy God bless you and the people from this forum.
22-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Kee-rist!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
22-07-2016, 02:18 PM
(22-07-2016 04:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:37 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What evidence is there, you copied out a statement that shows, The Baptists Historians, already in the church, proclaim their church has a independent lineages that lingered... where? what evidence is provided? zero, why? Are you trying to provide it as evidence to be a claim or is it that low of a claim you want to show, because all you showed is Baptists believer baptism goes back to John the Baptists. That isn't historical data.

It's seriously questionable to think someone like yourself truly has critical thinking skills that don't notice the horrible lacking trustworthiness of such empty claims.

You've got to be basically on a basis of, if someone claims you, you have to consider it... well I guess that flies for someone who wants to go around claiming to have been spoken to by a god.
I was simply showing that there were more than one theory on the origins of Baptists, because someone was saying there was only one

Yes, because there is only one that follows anything considered evidence or historical record.

Do you automatically accept anything anyone claims with no basis of reason as a valid theory?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
22-07-2016, 03:12 PM
(22-07-2016 09:42 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So the monk was eastern orthodox?

I am not a prayer person. YOu look like a prayer person a person that can pray. Please pray for the people on this forum to go to Heaven and to go to Church established by Jesus Christ and apostles. I think you can add yourself to that prayer.

I know many things I did not say yet why being in Church of Jesus is better than being in Church established by men. MAy God bless you and the people from this forum.

Quote: Please pray for the people on this forum to go to Heaven and to go to Church established by Jesus Christ and apostles. I think you can add yourself to that prayer.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Hahahahaha. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-07-2016, 03:30 PM
(22-07-2016 09:42 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So the monk was eastern orthodox?

No such thing as far as I know as a Christian who is "not a prayer person."

You are going to hell. God bless you there.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
22-07-2016, 04:05 PM
[Image: tumblr_inline_o5xvmzGBCK1rr5avq_400.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
22-07-2016, 04:12 PM
(21-07-2016 05:26 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 05:23 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Look based on first story they built a Church that is eastern orthodox. Even today if one compares Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic Holy Waters , orthodox resists more because Catholics changed the prayer. Protestants departed even farther away renouncing Holy Water all together.

Also Easterb Oerthodox Church has the way of prayer and many that walked on it went to Heaven.
Also the Church has many stories of people going to Heaven
https://oca.org/saints/lives/2008/09/11/...alexandria
Saint Euphrosynus the Cook was from one of the Palestinian monasteries, and his obedience was to work in the kitchen as a cook. Toiling away for the brethren, St Euphrosynus did not absent himself from thought about God, but rather dwelt in prayer and fasting. He remembered always that obedience is the first duty of a monk, and therefore he was obedient to the elder brethren.

The patience of the saint was amazing: they often reproached him, but he made no complaint and endured every unpleasantness. St Euphrosynus pleased the Lord by his inner virtue which he concealed from people, and the Lord Himself revealed to the monastic brethren the spiritual heights of their unassuming fellow-monk.

One of the priests of the monastery prayed and asked the Lord to show him the blessings prepared for the righteous in the age to come. The priest saw in a dream what Paradise is like, and he contemplated its inexplicable beauty with fear and with joy.

He also saw there a monk of his monastery, the cook Euphrosynus. Amazed at this encounter, the presbyter asked Euphrosynus, how he came to be there. The saint answered that he was in Paradise through the great mercy of God. The priest again asked whether Euphrosynus would be able to give him something from the surrounding beauty. St Euphrosynus suggested to the priest to take whatever he wished, and so the priest pointed to three luscious apples growing in the garden of Paradise. The monk picked the three apples, wrapped them in a cloth, and gave them to his companion.

When he awoke in the early morning, the priest thought the vision a dream, but suddenly he noticed next to him the cloth with the fruit of Paradise wrapped in it, and emitting a wondrous fragrance. The priest, found St Euphrosynus in church and asked him under oath where he was the night before. The saint answered that he was where the priest also was. Then the monk said that the Lord, in fulfilling the prayer of the priest, had shown him Paradise and had bestown the fruit of Paradise through him, “ the lowly and unworthy servant of God, Euphrosynus.”

The priest related everything to the monastery brethren, pointing out the spiritual loftiness of Euphrosynus in pleasing God, and he pointed to the fragrant paradaisical fruit. Deeply affected by what they heard, the monks went to the kitchen, in order to pay respect to St Euphrosynus, but they did not find him there. Fleeing human glory, the monk had left the monastery. The place where he concealed himself remained unknown, but the monks always remembered that their monastic brother St Euphrosynus had come upon Paradise, and that they in being saved, through the mercy of God would meet him there. They reverently kept and distributed pieces of the apples from Paradise for blessing and for healing.

If Eastern Orthodox would have interdiction to Heaven nobody would say I was to Heaven.

I see you need more proof. I can not give you a trip to Heaven to see with your eyes. Pray to God so that God will give you the proof you need.

Tell you what. why don't you or dog or god or someone give one person a roundtrip to heaven and back and we'd all believe you, OK?
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
22-07-2016, 04:29 PM
(22-07-2016 04:12 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 05:26 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  If Eastern Orthodox would have interdiction to Heaven nobody would say I was to Heaven.

I see you need more proof. I can not give you a trip to Heaven to see with your eyes. Pray to God so that God will give you the proof you need.

Tell you what. why don't you or dog or god or someone give one person a roundtrip to heaven and back and we'd all believe you, OK?

Many dead went to Heaven and become alive again. On youtube there are many stories "nde heaven" but you don't believe.
22-07-2016, 04:51 PM
(22-07-2016 04:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Many dead went to Heaven and become alive again. On youtube there are many stories "nde heaven" but you don't believe.

No kidding?

Your standards for evidence are too low. Or, you're simply not very bright.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post