Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(22-07-2016 04:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 04:12 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Tell you what. why don't you or dog or god or someone give one person a roundtrip to heaven and back and we'd all believe you, OK?

Many dead went to Heaven and become alive again. On youtube there are many stories "nde heaven" but you don't believe.

There are also many stories of reincarnation, islamic afterlife imagery, Pagan animistic experiences, people who say everything was just dull and gray, etc.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2016, 05:12 PM
(22-07-2016 04:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Many dead went to Heaven and become alive again. On youtube there are many stories "nde heaven" but you don't believe.

That's because I believe that none of the people were actually clinically dead, in the sense of irreversible brain and cardiovascular damage. NDE = NEAR-death experience. Not one of them was dead in any genuine sense of the word. None. Zero.

I also believe that any "heaven" they saw was a hallucination in their still-functional brains, and that no one actually went anywhere.

It's all make-believe, Pasadi, and even if you do figure out how to pray, you will not send anyone to heaven -- Not even yourself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
22-07-2016, 05:16 PM
(22-07-2016 04:51 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Your standards for evidence are too low. Or, you're simply not very bright.

The way this thread is going, "both of the above" is a distinct possibility. Gullibility does not automatically equate to lack of intelligence, but it certainly restricts the functionality of any intelligence one does possess.
22-07-2016, 05:25 PM
(22-07-2016 05:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 04:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Many dead went to Heaven and become alive again. On youtube there are many stories "nde heaven" but you don't believe.

There are also many stories of reincarnation, islamic afterlife imagery, Pagan animistic experiences, people who say everything was just dull and gray, etc.

And I am within 80 miles of the Haitian border where they believe in Zombies that are raised from the grave to be forced to work as slaves.
22-07-2016, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2016 06:28 PM by popsthebuilder.)
(22-07-2016 09:42 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So the monk was eastern orthodox?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Yes. The monk was Eastern orthodox Monk like in a greek Church.

I am not a prayer person. YOu look like a prayer person a person that can pray. Please pray for the people on this forum to go to Heaven and to go to Church established by Jesus Christ and apostles. I think you can add yourself to that prayer.

I know many things I did not say yet why being in Church of Jesus is better than being in Church established by men. MAy God bless you and the people from this forum.
We are told to both pray my friend.

We seem to be against the same things and for the same things.

You and I are both against the false doctrines of man.

You and I both seem to avidly hope and have faith that it is the Will of GOD for all to come to a true singular faith in GOD for the sake of existence.

We both have a real, strong faith in what we do know(there is a singular benevolent creative GOD).
As in we know it without a doubt, and it drives us to some extent.

I'm sorry you think I am in error.

I'm sorry for thinking you're in error.

The Word of GOD and the Will of GOD for the sake of man and life can be known. It really isn't a thing of confusion.

So...I'm genuinely curious; why do you not pray? And why do you think that I don't pray for what you told me to pray for? I did say that I pray for GOD to guide me.

Anyway, just making conversation at this point.

Last question? Why do you insist I am in error, other than the whole "eastern orthodox or nothing" thing?

Peace

22-07-2016, 06:23 PM
(22-07-2016 02:18 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 04:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I was simply showing that there were more than one theory on the origins of Baptists, because someone was saying there was only one

Yes, because there is only one that follows anything considered evidence or historical record.

Do you automatically accept anything anyone claims with no basis of reason as a valid theory?
No, I don't. But I know that the origins of the same doctrines as the Baptists have been around for longer than four hundred years. It may not have been called Baptists officially though.

22-07-2016, 11:52 PM
(22-07-2016 04:12 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Tell you what. why don't you or dog or god or someone give one person a roundtrip to heaven and back and we'd all believe you, OK?

Many dead went to Heaven and become alive again. On youtube there are many stories "nde heaven" but you don't believe.

You don't seem to understand that NDE means near-death experience. Not dead. Facepalm

So, no, no one 'became alive again'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
23-07-2016, 01:47 AM

Near death, its like near pregnant, you know.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
23-07-2016, 06:06 AM
(23-07-2016 01:47 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

Near death, its like near pregnant, you know.

Millions report having had NPEs though; you can't dismiss them all as imagined!

Actual evidence of an NPE:
[Image: jzjfbb.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
23-07-2016, 06:34 AM
(23-07-2016 06:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 01:47 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Near death, its like near pregnant, you know.

Millions report having had NPEs though; you can't dismiss them all as imagined!

Actual evidence of an NPE:

Frusty Worship Slaves

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse