Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(22-07-2016 05:12 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(22-07-2016 04:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Many dead went to Heaven and become alive again. On youtube there are many stories "nde heaven" but you don't believe.

That's because I believe that none of the people were actually clinically dead, in the sense of irreversible brain and cardiovascular damage. NDE = NEAR-death experience. Not one of them was dead in any genuine sense of the word. None. Zero.

I also believe that any "heaven" they saw was a hallucination in their still-functional brains, and that no one actually went anywhere.

It's all make-believe, Pasadi, and even if you do figure out how to pray, you will not send anyone to heaven -- Not even yourself.

Don't forget first message at the start of this thread.

Near death experience is not hallucination of brain. For once people report seeing their body from outside and this is impossible for brain. People report situations 3 rooms at distance, on the roof of the building and everywhere that the soul wanders. Brain can not do that. There are out of body experiences even from life, people that exit from their body with souls and wander around. Brain can not do that.. People with soul vision activated that see angels can see souls even after death of body and brain.

This is for real. God is for real. Hardening of heart is real and willl not let you accept this.

Prayer can help. You can search on google prayer groups that can pray for you to be a believer. They can pray also for a better job and everything you need for you and family.

I know that my explanations will not help you a lot.

God can do everything. Ask God to do something good as he cannot do bad as the girl in this video and wait https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBctdMqClYI.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2016, 10:59 AM
(23-07-2016 10:30 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:13 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I do not pray. At all. Not even to the gods of My Scandinavian ancestors. The closest I get is to toast those gods with the first mug of mead when brewing, and it's done for cultural reasons rather than religious ones.

I will not debase My precious critical thinking facilities by pretending to pray to something that I sincerely believe to be utterly imaginary.

Ball is in your alleged god's court, Pasadi. If it cannot make its existence known to non-believers without prayer, then it's a useless, vicious-minded fuck that apparently doesn't care that much if non-believers do end up in hell. As such, if anyone actually does end up in hell the responsibility for this crime will lie solely and eternally with your god.

And I say again: This is not negotiable. If there is no empirical evidence available that points uniquely to your god, then I have no choice but to continue to see it as pure mythology.

I know your hearth is hardened., Who can pray for you to soften your hearth? Who can save you dear from sickness of atheism? Really you need to find somebody to pray for you to cure you from sickness of atheism so you can enjoy Heaven. Who can pray for you?

Go to churches and find somebody to pray for you., You have to do that to cure you from sickenss of atheism.

Go to an orthodox monastery and ask a monk to pray for you. Even if you make a donation cure yourself. I showed you many miracles. God is for real. Cure yourself. Medicine is prayer. I understand you can not do it as I am not a prayer person myself but don't let you down. Ask somebody who can pray to pray for you. Save yourself and your family.

I asked many monks to pray for me, you can do the same.Believ me as the miracles that I showed you are true, it matters.

My hearth is as hardened asit can get. We made it out of bricks for that very reason! Do you have a soft hearth? If so why? How would that work?
24-07-2016, 12:29 PM
(24-07-2016 10:58 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Near death experience is not hallucination of brain.

There is no good evidence that it is anything other than that.

Quote:For once people report seeing their body from outside and this is impossible for brain.

Citation required

Quote:People report situations 3 rooms at distance, on the roof of the building and everywhere that the soul wanders. Brain can not do that.

Investigations of these cases show that the claims were not credible or that mundane explanations sufficed.

Quote:This is for real. God is for real. Hardening of heart is real and willl not let you accept this.

Gullibility is real; fear of the unknown is real; desperation will let you believe unsupported garbage.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
24-07-2016, 12:51 PM
(22-07-2016 04:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Many dead went to Heaven and become alive again.
No they didn't—as far as I know. can you please give me some links to empirical evidence supporting your claim. And please note that YouTube videos are not, and never have been considered as viable "evidence" by rational thinkers, philosophers, or scientists.

There is, again to my knowledge, no evidence supporting the notion of near death experiences — which was popularised by Swiss psychiatrist Elisabeth Kübler-Ross during the tie-died era of the 'psychedelic' 1960s. She was well-known for her work on death and dying, although she eventually claimed that death does not exist. She said that death is one of several possible transitions through permeable boundaries—whatever that means? It also meant dabbling in spiritualism and getting so-called mediums to channel the dead to have sex with their grieving widows!

Shocking

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-07-2016, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2016 01:25 PM by Astreja.)
(24-07-2016 10:58 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Near death experience is not hallucination of brain.

Pasadi, I work in medicine. I have been working as a transcriptionist for over 10 years, and I'm pretty good at it. In the past decade I have typed a lot of reports. At My current position, which I have held for almost 7 years, I type between 20 and 40 a day, 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year, making at least 33,000 reports. If you add in the 3 years I spent at other medical facilities, where I typed shorter reports in even greater numbers (sometimes over 100 a day!), I've easily passed 60,000 reports to date.

Although I've typed everything from knee X-rays to ear/nose/throat reports to blood pressure clinic letters, My favourite specialty is Neurology, the study of brain and nervous system medicine. I have a fairly good knowledge of migraine headaches, numb feet, chronic pain, dementia, diseases of the nervous system such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and myasthenia gravis, stroke, and epilepsy.

Suffice to say that I do not believe you.

At all.

Not even a teeny, tiny bit.

In all these years I have never typed a Neurology report that made reference to a near-death experience, and never in any medical field heard even one Doctor make reference to a "miracle." The closest it's gotten is one report where the patient got good results from some unusual herbal preparation -- which is clearly an issue of pharmacology, not theology.

You also appear to be too fucking stupid and too fucking obtuse to accept that I do not believe in your god, and that I consider prayer to be a total waste of time.

Quote:God can do everything.

An imaginary friend can do nothing at all, and posting videos made by other deluded people is not acceptable evidence.

You also appear to be terrified of hell, as your original post indicates a belief in such a place. Perhaps you should just leave this forum, learn how to pray (as you have admitted that you can't even do it yourself), and spend every waking hour of the rest of your mortal life begging your alleged god to abolish hell and free anyone imprisoned there.

Or you could just accept that you're worshipping an evil god.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
24-07-2016, 01:26 PM
(24-07-2016 10:58 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  God can do everything. Ask God to do something good as he cannot do bad...

For the last several days I’ve been praying that he help you find another forum to possess but look, you’re still here. Apparently he can’t seem to make you leave.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
24-07-2016, 01:42 PM
(24-07-2016 10:58 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Near death experience is not hallucination of brain. For once people report seeing their body from outside and this is impossible for brain. People report situations 3 rooms at distance, on the roof of the building and everywhere that the soul wanders.
It's a commonly-reported clinical phenomenon that people who are under the influence of anesthetic will, after awakening, report these sorts of things. As it turns out, they're invariably places the patient has already seen—even inadvertently—whilst they were in the hospital building, or their neighbourhood, or a shopping complex, or even on TV the night before. If you like, they could be considered as dreams. Nothing more.

Quote:This is for real. God is for real. Hardening of heart is real and will not let you accept this.
Nope. It's nothing to do with the electro-mechanical organ that oxygenates our bloodstream. Our perceptions of reality are purely brain-based. "Hardening of the heart" is only metaphorical (unless you've got hypertrophic cardiomyopathy of course).

Quote:Prayer can help.
False. See THIS report from PubMed.

Quote:Ask God to do something good as he cannot do bad as the girl in this video and wait https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBctdMqClYI.
Uh... you do understand the significance of them being CGI figures with robotic voices do you not?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
24-07-2016, 01:50 PM
(24-07-2016 01:42 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 10:58 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Prayer can help.
False. See THIS report from PubMed.

“Conclusion: Intercessory prayer itself had no effect on complication-free recovery from CABG, but certainty of receiving intercessory prayer was associated with a higher incidence of complications.”

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-07-2016, 05:32 PM
(24-07-2016 10:58 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  God can do everything. Ask God to do something good as he cannot do bad...

I hope you realize that you contradicted yourself in this statement. Either your god "can do everything" or your god cannot do everything. Pick one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
24-07-2016, 06:04 PM
(24-07-2016 05:32 PM)Astreja Wrote:  

I hope you realize that you contradicted yourself in this statement. Either your god "can do everything" or your god cannot do everything. Pick one.

He means 'God can do anything' in the same way apologists do. That is to say; "if we ignore the definition of 'everything' and 'can' and 'do', and say that those mean God can do anything that is 'logically possible' and 'within his nature', it will all be fine.
... If we ignore that an allpowerful being that can't do anything is not allpowerful, and furthermore that said being could always simply make the illogical logical by merit of controlling the very fabric of the universe and reality..."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post