Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 07:31 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(26-07-2016 06:33 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 05:35 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because the word orthodox was placed in front of the word Christian, by men, doesn't mean it is the truth.

Pretty much everything you say is obvious error.

You really should consider seeking GOD for yourself, and not just taking some guys word for it.

I never said I wasn't Christian just that I'm not a member of any division or sect.

And I hate to tell you what you should already know; but an icon or idol is an image made by the hands of man. And what you speak of is idolatry, and specifically spoken against repeatedly in scripture.

The more I read that you post, the more obvious you make it that eastern orthodox is really close to being the whore of Babylon.

I really hope you come to your senses. But that won't happen unless you sacrifice that pride of yours.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Jesus made a Church for you. You choose the Church made by a man that thaught you lies and based on these lies you attack the Church of Jesus Too bad. You don't believe me but Jesus defends his Church.
The exact same could be said to you.

1)not attacking any church
2) rebuking your personal doctrines.
3) nothing you have said in reference to your own, or my beliefs can be verified by scripture or the conscience. You don't see any problem with that?

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Pasadi, you've been had. Orthodox priests have no actual divine power, only the power that believers like you give them by showing up at their churches and making donations to them.

If your god actually exists you would be no better off than the atheists, because a god that would create a hell is evil and not to be trusted. In fact, it could be sitting in its happy place right now, laughing heartily at your gullibility and imagining some horrific torture for you.

However, I do not think that hell exists. I think it's a story that priests made up a long, long time ago so that they could scare people into their churches. After all, what possible benefit could a god achieve by locking up lesser beings in a torture chamber? Think of it this way: Do you spend all day observing a leaf in a tree in a distant forest, smiling sadistically every time a bug takes a bite out of it or every time a forest fire burns down the tree?

No, if *I* were your god I would not have a hell. Regardless of what people believed or did not believe, I would do what I could to help them live the best possible life here on Earth. Their happiness is vastly more important than My feelings of being ignored, mocked or disbelieved by mortals.

(By the way, have you ever tried meditating on the physical universe instead of on a god? You get all the awe and wonder and beauty without any religious silliness.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
26-07-2016, 09:16 AM
(26-07-2016 07:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 06:34 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Do you exists? Never seen a peer revised paper speaking about you.

You can't prove it doesn't work so it does? That level of drivel? Christ you evangelists are all such dreary drips.

For some reason reading your reply reminded me of this video. It's one of my favorites and has deconverted many people since it's been on youtube. Of course, the optimal word is "intelligent person". Intelligence is what it takes to realize that christianity is total rubbish.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-07-2016, 09:56 AM
popsthebuilder Wrote:
pasadi97 Wrote:small ends!
big ends!

Popcorn

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
26-07-2016, 10:23 AM
(26-07-2016 09:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
popsthebuilder Wrote:big ends!

Popcorn

Popcorn

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
26-07-2016, 11:26 AM
(26-07-2016 05:26 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  orthodox = ortho doxa=right belief

I hereby declare atheism to be orthodox. Angel
26-07-2016, 03:19 PM
(26-07-2016 06:34 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 01:25 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Show me a single peer reviewed paper that had a positive incidence of prayer curing anything, and I might begin to consider that statement as not being horrendously disgusting...

Do you exists? Never seen a peer revised paper speaking about you.

Within this thread I have not once asserted that I do in fact exist, however, whether I do or not is neither here nor there.
I will gladly discuss that issue at another time. We have other things brewing at the moment.

Can I take it to mean that you in fact to not have any published works on the phenomenon? If it is as common as you seem to believe, it should be no trouble. Finding papers displaying a positive correlation between receiving prayers and curing of disease would be as easy as finding game theory analysis papers.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
26-07-2016, 04:46 PM
(26-07-2016 03:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 06:34 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Do you exists? Never seen a peer revised paper speaking about you.

Within this thread I have not once asserted that I do in fact exist, however, whether I do or not is neither here nor there.
I will gladly discuss that issue at another time. We have other things brewing at the moment.

Can I take it to mean that you in fact to not have any published works on the phenomenon? If it is as common as you seem to believe, it should be no trouble. Finding papers displaying a positive correlation between receiving prayers and curing of disease would be as easy as finding game theory analysis papers.
I have papers reviewed by peers:
http://www.psychicscience.org/papobe.aspx

more papers
http://pmhatwater.hypermart.net/resource...icles.html
26-07-2016, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2016 05:25 PM by Astreja.)
The site of PM Hatwater is not a reputable peer-reviewed journal -- It is a personal vanity site with ludicrous articles lacking in credible references.

A site called "psychicscience.org" is an oxymoron -- There is no such thing as "psychic science," just pseudo-science. Real science involves conducting experiments that any scientist can duplicate, not just making up silly hypotheses that can't even be tested properly due to the lack of stringent double-blind controls.

I continue to believe that near-death experiences prove only one thing: That some people hallucinate when in danger of dying.
[+] 7 users Like Astreja's post
26-07-2016, 05:23 PM
(26-07-2016 05:05 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The site of PM Hatwater is not a reputable peer-reviewed journal -- It is a personal vanity site with ludicrous articles lacking in credible references.

A site called "psychicscience.org" is an oxymoron -- There is no such thing as "psychic science," just pseudo-science. Real science involves conducting experiments that any scientist can duplicate, not just making up silly hypotheses that can't even be tested properly due to the lack of stringent double-blind controls.

I continue to believe that near-death experience prove only one thing: That some people hallucinate when in danger of dying.

To add to that, the 'psychicscience' Facepalm page linked lists 4 papers with 4 broken links.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post