Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2016, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2016 05:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(25-07-2016 05:53 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I said several short prayers for you to be curred of cancer. I can't do many prayers. I heard many cancers curred by prayer one in my Church.

Goddam you're a walking talking arrogant megalomaniacal delusion.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 05:36 PM
(26-07-2016 04:46 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I have papers reviewed by peers:

It's the credibility of your peers I question.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-07-2016, 05:39 PM
(26-07-2016 05:35 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 05:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Can you show with scripture that it states to confess to a priest for salvation?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

From Didache or writtings of the Apostles

14. In the congregation thou shalt confess thy transgressions, and thou shalt not betake thyself to prayer with an evil conscience. This is the way of life.

Damn, that s marvelous, wonderful and all that shit!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
26-07-2016, 05:40 PM
I have papers reviewed by peers:

It's the credibility of your peers I question.

But you don't choose to tell us where those peers were peeing
26-07-2016, 05:49 PM
(26-07-2016 05:39 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 05:35 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  From Didache or writtings of the Apostles

14. In the congregation thou shalt confess thy transgressions, and thou shalt not betake thyself to prayer with an evil conscience. This is the way of life.

Damn, that s marvelous, wonderful and all that shit!

I say we spark one up and discuss that old man. Big Grin

26-07-2016, 08:55 PM
sooo... why is it that you fail at praying, pasadi? id like to know what your idea of not being able to pray properly is.
27-07-2016, 01:18 AM
(26-07-2016 04:46 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 03:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Within this thread I have not once asserted that I do in fact exist, however, whether I do or not is neither here nor there.
I will gladly discuss that issue at another time. We have other things brewing at the moment.

Can I take it to mean that you in fact to not have any published works on the phenomenon? If it is as common as you seem to believe, it should be no trouble. Finding papers displaying a positive correlation between receiving prayers and curing of disease would be as easy as finding game theory analysis papers.
http://www.psychicscience.org/papobe.aspx

more papers
http://pmhatwater.hypermart.net/resource...icles.html

First, let me apologise for taking so long to respond; uni ate up most of my day and I didn't have my PC or a laptop with my to respond with.
Secondly, thank you for offering up something. Normally I don't get citations to read.

Now, on to business.

While I am glad that you did attempt to provide citations to defend your point of view, I sincerely congratulate you on the effort and welcome more resources and discussion, I am afraid none or the articles that I could find that were published dealt with the issue at had; whether prayers could be used to cure diseases. They all dealt with NDEs, which are at this stage at best only tangentially related.

Additionally, the first paper (by Cook, Greyson, and Stevenson) admits that of the 7 cases they used to form their argument that NDEs were/are being dismissed too easily by most other researchers, all are of low quality due to poor record keeping.

There isn't much else to say about them; low quality anecdotally based proposals for my research in an irrelevant field.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-07-2016, 01:51 AM
(26-07-2016 05:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 05:22 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Why would that possibly matter? "Scripture" is just stuff that various people wrote down. It is not evidence of anything other than what somebody might once have believed. Your fixation on ancient writings is just another facet of your delusions.
I'm trying to see why he holds to a particular doctrine. Why is it your concern? And why do you consider writings of the metaphysical to be of no worth?

Try to give a universal answer, and not one that pertains to your opinion of me specifically please.

Writings of the metaphysical are fact-free. They are simply imaginings and have no actual value.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-07-2016, 01:57 AM
(26-07-2016 04:46 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 03:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Within this thread I have not once asserted that I do in fact exist, however, whether I do or not is neither here nor there.
I will gladly discuss that issue at another time. We have other things brewing at the moment.

Can I take it to mean that you in fact to not have any published works on the phenomenon? If it is as common as you seem to believe, it should be no trouble. Finding papers displaying a positive correlation between receiving prayers and curing of disease would be as easy as finding game theory analysis papers.
http://www.psychicscience.org/papobe.aspx

more papers
http://pmhatwater.hypermart.net/resource...icles.html

OK, no actual science, then. Drinking Beverage

Just woo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-07-2016, 02:01 AM
(27-07-2016 01:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-07-2016 05:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm trying to see why he holds to a particular doctrine. Why is it your concern? And why do you consider writings of the metaphysical to be of no worth?

Try to give a universal answer, and not one that pertains to your opinion of me specifically please.

Writings of the metaphysical are fact-free. They are simply imaginings and have no actual value.

It's amusing to watch though. These are two people claiming to have special "spiritual" knowledge. It's a bit like arguing about the cheese moon. In reality we know that there is no cheese layer in the geology of the moon, but two believers of the same having an argument over whether it is Gouda or Cheddar... arguing learnedly about lactose levels in sediment as determined by their astral spirit-projection experiments... has a certain je ne sais quoi Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post