Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2016, 09:15 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(25-07-2016 05:53 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I heard many cancers cured by prayer one in my Church.

Can you please cite any links to sites that prove unequivocally that intercessory prayer (people praying for others) resulted in curing someone's cancer. Could you also explain how you became personally aware that the person in your church had cancer; were they clinically diagnosed; what was their prognosis; and how did they know they were cured?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
28-07-2016, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 11:44 AM by popsthebuilder.)
(28-07-2016 07:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 05:04 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  See pops your hearth is hardened. You will not come back to Church of Jesus based on discussion you need prayer to get the many great things Jesus put in his Church that Churches established by men lost. You keep the lies of churches established by men close to your hearth. Common you have to choose between Church established by Jesus Eastern Orthodox Church and Church established by men. Its a no brain decision since eternal life and entrance to Heaven come from Jesus not from men.

Without prayer you will remain in Church established by men with all the consequences. You can study hardened hearth on yourself and see what works and what doesn't. Discussion looks like doesn't work.

You can pray:
Dear God teach me what religion and denomination is best in your eyes and please move me there. Amen. I did not say best religion and denomination in my eyes but in God eyes since God knows better.

Pray? Why? If your god "has a plan" for everyone then prayer is useless redundancy. If prayer actually worked (which it's been proven to not do a damn thing) then this means your god is not omniscient, is a piss poor deity and not worthy of worship.
That is a biased assumption based on limited understanding of multiple infinities.

Just because GOD's ultimate plan will come to pass regardless of who chooses to be part of it, that in no way takes away our opportunity to be part of it. Just because GOD knows what we will do ultimately, doesn't mean we don't have the opportunity to change our own path.

In other words; GOD knows our path; we do not.

Asking for direction is admittance of GOD's omnipotence and omniscience, not the negation there of.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
28-07-2016, 11:05 AM
(28-07-2016 10:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That is a biased assumption based on limited understanding of multiple infinities.

Laughat

Quote:Just because GOD's ultimate plan will come to pass regardless of who chooses to be part of it, that in no way takes away our opportunity to be part of it. Just because GOD knows what we will do ultimately, doesn't mean we don't the opportunity to change our own path.

Asking for direction is admittance of GOD's omnipotence and omniscience, not the negation there of.

And the demonstrable, testable, verifiable evidence for ANY of your assertions is.... ???

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
28-07-2016, 11:33 AM
More stupid, biased, and irrelevant youtube videos in 5... 4.... 3....

And for fucks sake you still don't know how to spell "heart"?! You're not talking about a fireplace being extra hard for shit's sake.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Me93de70547f1cab27329c78406dbc...p;pid=15.1]
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
28-07-2016, 11:48 AM
(28-07-2016 11:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 10:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That is a biased assumption based on limited understanding of multiple infinities.

Laughat

Quote:Just because GOD's ultimate plan will come to pass regardless of who chooses to be part of it, that in no way takes away our opportunity to be part of it. Just because GOD knows what we will do ultimately, doesn't mean we don't the opportunity to change our own path.

And the demonstrable, testable, verifiable evidence for ANY of your assertions is.... ???

“Feels” for $100 Alex.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
28-07-2016, 02:00 PM
(28-07-2016 11:48 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 11:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Laughat

“Feels” for $100 Alex.
What is the conscience and why do people ignore It?

28-07-2016, 02:17 PM
(28-07-2016 02:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 11:48 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  “Feels” for $100 Alex.
What is the conscience and why do people ignore It?

Laugh out load

$100 to FC...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-07-2016, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 03:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-07-2016 10:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  In other words; GOD knows our path; we do not.

That's one of the things I like about you popsicle, your metaphysics jump all over the place like a dragonfly and I never know where you'll flit about and land next. Now, for example, you are sucking the nectar of Laplace's Demon. You crazy deterministic fucker you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-07-2016, 03:22 PM
(28-07-2016 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 10:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  In other words; GOD knows our path; we do not.

That's one of the things I like about you popsicle, your metaphysics jump all over the place like a dragonfly and I never know where you'll flit about and land next. Now, for example, you are sucking the nectar of Laplace's Demon. You crazy deterministic fucker you.

Never heard of it, but a quick look on Wikipedia explained what you were talking about and makes sense to me.
Thanks,

Peace
28-07-2016, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 06:14 PM by pasadi97.)
Pops
Why do you say that I will not come back to eastern orthodox?
Me
Because your heart is hardened. Because this can be solved by prayer and I am not praying unless you will pray which I think is remote because you believe you are right. So no truth for you. But surprise me and show me I am wrong.
Pops
And why do you say I am predisposed to believe in any particular church?
Me
This was not intention. I believe that many of your beliefs are wrong and that non denomination is a wrong path. For once the Apostles did establish a Church and Apostle James the Just was head of the Church that today is Eastern Orthodox Church of Jerusalem. They had buildings, they had baptism, confession and what you see today in EAstern Orthodox Church. They even described the Sunday Service step by step for example in Holy Litugy of Apostle James. This is Holy Litugy of Apostle JAmes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKoJS7ABVc Compare with what you see in non denominational Church and in what you see in EAstern Orthodox Church.
You
Why do you say I keep the lies of men close at heart?
Me
I heard you expressing ideas that are wrong. Non denomionational thing I think is very wrong. Whne people in EArly Church came with errors Apostles did not said we embrance every new idea good or wrong like non denominational do. No they said you with error need to go. They stick with the truth the same way orthodoxy is sticking today with truth.
You
Let me explain some things to you so that you will stop confusing me with yourself;
I never left any church. I have never been a member of any particular church or congregation.
Me
But Apostles wrote Holy Liturgies that need to be celebrated on an altar that is inside a Church. You are far far away from what Apostles have envisioned. Are you baptized. Have you confessed your sins. If not I have great doubts about your salvation. Why do you say you are Chjristian?
You
The doctrines I hold close to my heart are the ones that were shone to be true to me through revelation and the selfless conscience, not any word of any man.
Me
Explain what do you mean be revelation. Please give me examples. Atheists are Ok with their conscience bnecause of hardened heart and when heart is hardened conscience does not help.
You
Why do I have to choose between churches?
Me
You have to choose a Church because Apostles left us Holy Liturgies that are celebrated in Churches. Baptism is made in a Church. Confession is made in a Church. If a Church was not important Apostles probably would not establish Churches.
Now that you need a Church which one of 37000 denominations to choose?
Because Jesus established his Church and men like Smith or White established their churches Because Jesus is more powerful than White or Smith is better to choose Church established by Jesus. Because Church of Jesus has many gifts for example forgiveness of sins through confession. Also Bible said about Jesus Church that gates of Hell will not overcome it so you can always choiose this Church. It will not fall down, traditions of men will not overcame it anything bad will not overcome it.

If I make my Church would you came to it or would you stick with Church established by Jesus. Why or why not? What is the difference between Church made by me and Church established by Smith?
You
And why do you think I care about heaven or eternity?
Me
Because you are smart
You
Do you not know that heaven too is temporal?
Me
How did you get to this conclusion?