Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(28-07-2016 10:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 07:40 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Pray? Why? If your god "has a plan" for everyone then prayer is useless redundancy. If prayer actually worked (which it's been proven to not do a damn thing) then this means your god is not omniscient, is a piss poor deity and not worthy of worship.
That is a biased assumption based on limited understanding of multiple infinities.

Just because GOD's ultimate plan will come to pass regardless of who chooses to be part of it, that in no way takes away our opportunity to be part of it. Just because GOD knows what we will do ultimately, doesn't mean we don't have the opportunity to change our own path.

In other words; GOD knows our path; we do not.

Asking for direction is admittance of GOD's omnipotence and omniscience, not the negation there of.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

So let me get this straight. Your deity created everything. Everything includes everything. Not just trees and rocks and planets but EVERYTHING.....all thought, feelings and emotions....including wickedness and sin. Sin and wickedness didn't just pop out of thin air you know, it had to be created. Therefore, who created sin? God.

So here's this creator who knowingly created sin yet being full of godly pre-knowledge, [/i] your deity knows sin will befall humanity but because he's omniscient he also pre-plans the punishment.

You can't have it both ways, Pops. You can't pick and choose what omniscient things your god is omniscient about and toss the inconsistent parts out. You can't say it's planned but at the same time it's not planned. You can't say we have free will but god has a plan for us. If WE have free will then your GOD DOES NOT HAVE FREE WILL and is not omniscient and your story falls apart.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-07-2016, 05:47 PM
(28-07-2016 05:33 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Pops
Why do you say that I will not come back to eastern orthodox?
Me
Because your heart is hardened. Because this can be solved by prayer and I am not praying unless you will pray which I think is remote because you believe you are right. So no truth for you. But surprise me and show me I am wrong.
Pops
And why do you say I am predisposed to believe in any particular church?
Me
This was not intention. I believe that many of your beliefs are wrong and that non denomination is a wrong path. For once the Apostles did establish a Church and Apostle James the Just was head of the Church that today is Eastern Orthodox Church of Jerusalem. They had buildings, they had baptism, confession and what you see today in EAstern Orthodox Church. They even described the Sunday Service step by step for example in Holy Litugy of Apostle James. This is Holy Litugy of Apostle JAmes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOKoJS7ABVc Compare with what you see in non denominational Church and in what you see in EAstern Orthodox Church.
You
Why do you say I keep the lies of men close at heart?
Me
I heard you expressing ideas that are wrong. Non denomionational thing I think is very wrong. Whne people in EArly Church came with errors Apostles did not said we embrance every new idea good or wrong like non denominational do. No they said you with error need to go. They stick with the truth the same way orthodoxy is sticking today with truth.
You
Let me explain some things to you so that you will stop confusing me with yourself;
I never left any church. I have never been a member of any particular church or congregation.
Me
But Apostles wrote Holy Liturgies that need to be celebrated on an altar that is inside a Church. You are far far away from what Apostles have envisioned. Are you baptized. Have you confessed your sins. If not I have great doubts about your salvation. Why do you say you are Chjristian?
You
The doctrines I hold close to my heart are the ones that were shone to be true to me through revelation and the selfless conscience, not any word of any man.
Me
Explain what do you mean be revelation. Plkease give me examples. Atheists are Ok with their conscience bnecause of hardened heart and when heart is hardened conscience does not help.
You
Why do I have to choose between churches?
Me
Because Jesus established his Church and men established their churches like Smith or White. Because Jesus is mnore powerfull than White or Smith is better to choose Church established by Jesus. Because Church of Jesus has many gifts for example forgiveness of sins through confession
You
And why do you think I care about heaven or eternity?
Me
Because you are smart
You
Do you not know that heaven too is temporal?
Me
How did you get to this conclusion?

[Image: giphy.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
28-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Banjo, somewhere deep in your conscience you are still a christian and a minister. This is what I think.And that is fine.
28-07-2016, 07:37 PM
pasadi97,

My heart isn't hardened. I spend much of my free time studying religious scripture with an opened mind. That isn't having a hardened heart. I am not against any, nor do I observe any division of faith made by man. I am open to all of them. Not taking any man's word for granted, but testing them like I'm supposed to. That isn't a hardened heart.

What do you want me to pray about? I've told you that I pray for God's direction. That includes directing me towards any particular sect that would be correct where all others are wrong. I've already showed you to be wrong on many points including what I pray for.

You seem to think I am a member of a nondenominational church. I am not. I visit church buildings every once in a while, but generally worship by myself, and not just on Sunday. I get my fellowship through forums as silly as that may sound. It gives everyone a chance to voice their opinion instead of all setting silently while they listen to one individual spout error.

I don't know what the holy liturgy of James is. Is it in scripture or any core religious texts? Where can I find it and examine it for myself?

What ideas have I expressed that are wrong? Name them and we will go over them in detail together. Then we will see what and who is wrong.

I embrace no new ideas.

What I believe can be traced to before any schism or division of the church, and isn't based on any doctrines of man, fear, gullibility, or upbringing.

I couldn't care less of what your interpretation of what an appostle's vision was. By beliefs aren't based on the writings of a single apostle, or even a single book. Really they aren't from any book, they just happen to align with what is written in them. And since there are no coincidences, then there is most likely a very good reason for this.

It is written that many will doubt those on the narrow path. It also says that their opinion is irrelevant, and that GOD knows his children regardless of what men might think.

Why do I say I am a Christian?

Because I believe whole heartedly in the teachings, example, and self sacrifice of the annointed of GOD(Christ).

Why do you call yourself a Christian?

I'm not an atheist any more. And there is a difference between having your conscience seared (which all atheists do not), and there being a lack of shame placed on your heart in relation to particular things. If my conscience was seared then it wouldn't convict me of the greed I knowingly continue in. You, on the other hand, May not really have a connection to your conscience though, as you haven't even commented on any of your error that I have pointed out, as if I never even mentioned it.

Scripture speaks of unity and one accord, not choosing what church is right or following others, but knowing that Christ works within each of the faithful.

I agree that nothing will over come the congregation of Christ. I don't agree that it is only the eastern orthodox church.
Matthew 5 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Revelation 21 (KJV) - ራእይ
1: And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Mark 13 (KJV) - ማርቆስ
31: Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 24 (KJV) - ማቴዎስ
35: Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
33: Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

That is where I get that from mainly.

Peace

28-07-2016, 08:20 PM
(28-07-2016 06:48 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Banjo, somewhere deep in your conscience you are still a christian and a minister. This is what I think.And that is fine.

Oh, yet another mind reader. Facepalm Or is it hearth reader? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-07-2016, 08:28 PM
(28-07-2016 07:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  pasadi97,

And since there are no coincidences, then there is most likely a very good reason for this.

Really? You don't believe in any randomness?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-07-2016, 08:49 PM
(28-07-2016 06:48 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Banjo, somewhere deep in your conscience you are still a christian and a minister. This is what I think.And that is fine.

If it's a lie, Pasadi, it is not fine. It is bearing false witness.

I'm very mildly interested in hearing what you think *I* am, though, mainly because I want to see how wrong you get it.
28-07-2016, 09:11 PM
(28-07-2016 08:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 07:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  pasadi97,

And since there are no coincidences, then there is most likely a very good reason for this.

Really? You don't believe in any randomness?
No, I believe all to have some method behind it.

Natural things anyway. A program can produce numbers at random. A coin can land on either side. But even these things happen for a reason the program was written for such, and the coin was flicked at a specific velocity, spin, and height. That along with gravity and surface it strikes or lands on determine what side it lands on. Technically it isn't random at all.

Trying to randomly choose something is impossible because you still chose.

Peace

28-07-2016, 10:29 PM
(28-07-2016 08:49 PM)Astreja Wrote:  

If it's a lie, Pasadi, it is not fine. It is bearing false witness.

I'm very mildly interested in hearing what you think *I* am, though, mainly because I want to see how wrong you get it.

You're the goddess of spring, Astreja. You can't give it away in your tagline and then not expect him to pick up on it! Cool

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
28-07-2016, 10:50 PM
(28-07-2016 10:29 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You're the goddess of spring, Astreja. You can't give it away in your tagline and then not expect him to pick up on it! Cool

Laugh out load I'm expecting him to ignore that (and sundry other clues on My blog that list all My divine magisteria, along with My hobbies, the names of My cats, and what movies I like to watch). He'll probably just come up with a "revelation" of some early-life religious trauma that exists only in his god-besotted imagination.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post