Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2016, 10:57 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(28-07-2016 09:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A program can produce numbers at random. A coin can land on either side. But even these things happen for a reason the program was written for such, and the coin was flicked at a specific velocity, spin, and height. That along with gravity and surface it strikes or lands on determine what side it lands on. Technically it isn't random at all.

A question I've been pondering: Could quantum indeterminacy allow for a non-deterministic universe, and hence true randomness at some level?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
29-07-2016, 01:16 AM
(28-07-2016 06:48 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Banjo, somewhere deep in your conscience you are still a christian and a minister. This is what I think.And that is fine.

I was never a christian. I became a minister mainly as a joke and to see it from within. It wasn't good.

I've been an atheist since age 4.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
29-07-2016, 06:20 AM
I note that pasadi97 failed to address my earlier question, but in case he/she missed it, I'll bore people and post it again...

Can you please cite any links to sites that prove unequivocally that intercessory prayer (people praying for others) resulted in curing someone's cancer. Could you also explain how you became personally aware that the person in your church had cancer; were they clinically diagnosed; what was their prognosis; and how did they know they were cured?

—When the emergency technician is about to apply CPR, nobody says: "Wait! Let's pray first."

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
29-07-2016, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 11:59 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-07-2016 09:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A program can produce numbers at random.

No it can't. Not yet anyway. Quantum computers will change that.

(28-07-2016 10:57 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 09:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A program can Technically it isn't random at all.
A question I've been pondering: Could quantum indeterminacy allow for a non-deterministic universe, and hence true randomness at some level?

Yes. Here's a couple slides from a course I took on the subject.

[Image: randomness1.png]
[Image: randomness2.png]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-07-2016, 12:57 PM
(28-07-2016 06:48 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Banjo, somewhere deep in your conscience you are still a christian and a minister. This is what I think.And that is fine.

Bwahahahaha. You're trying to be funny....right? Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-07-2016, 12:08 PM
I was at Church today Sunday.It was supposed to be a sacrifice but was fine. We had heavenly choir music and after service we had coockies and a coffe and could socialize.

Pops tell me more about yourself. What revelation told you that you are on right path? Are you baptised or not and if yes in what denomination? Do you confess your sins or how do you wash them. Confession is like washing clothes. Without confession outside the Church soul becomes dirtier and dirtier.Confession is but only one gifts from the multitude you can find in Church established by Jesus Eastern Orthodox Church.

If I establish my church would you come to it. I can not give you eternal life and Heaven but neither can offer Withe or Smith. If not why would you not come to my Church?
31-07-2016, 01:03 PM
(31-07-2016 12:08 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I was at Church today Sunday.It was supposed to be a sacrifice but was fine. We had heavenly choir music and after service we had coockies and a coffe and could socialize.

Pops tell me more about yourself. What revelation told you that you are on right path? Are you baptised or not and if yes in what denomination? Do you confess your sins or how do you wash them. Confession is like washing clothes. Without confession outside the Church soul becomes dirtier and dirtier.Confession is but only one gifts from the multitude you can find in Church established by Jesus Eastern Orthodox Church.

If I establish my church would you come to it. I can not give you eternal life and Heaven but neither can offer Withe or Smith. If not why would you not come to my Church?
The revelation didn't verify my path was right. It is what gave me initial faith and showed me many things.

I am not yet baptised and do not confess my sins per say.

I believe both of those, while of the utmost importance, are too for a singular, right time. I do not intend to knowingly offer up my confessions and sacrifices repeatedly, nor do I wish to make the work of GOD in my life to little effect by hastily offering up myself and my sin without the fulfilment of the time needed or the lessons learned.

If you really want a description of my initial salvation event that happened to me then I can on you a copy I wrote for someone else a while back. I'm not sure that the majority here would want me to post it here, as I have given some version or another here, at this forum before on more than one occasion.

I'm not sure what you are offering me friend. I do not feel the need for anything from any church denomination.

When it is time for me to be baptized, I will most likely do it outdoors in a river. As far as who would do the baptizing; I don't know, but denomination wouldn't have too much to do with it as traditional or Orthodox Christians most likely wouldn't be down with an outdoor baptism.

You still seem to think I am a sda or Mormon or something. Please understand that I do not believe there is any reason for divided sects of Christianity or faith in GOD. I find sda doctrine to be good and their followers to be zealous. My dealings with Mormon's has been brief yet pleasant as well. Calvinist doctrine seems right to me also. So does Zoroastrian doctrine.

I can pick apart pieces of nearly all Christian sects. Orthodox the most. But I choose not to. I seem to have a great potential to build or destroy. I don't wish to destroy any thing of faith in one benevolent creator GOD. In fact; I don't want to destroy anything anymore. I admit that I am still learning things, and must tread carefully. I also admit that I too have a great potential to do nothing at all but waste away.

May GOD guide us all by His will and time, for the sake of all creation.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
31-07-2016, 02:53 PM
Pas and Pops, you two need to get a room. Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-07-2016, 02:56 PM
(31-07-2016 02:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Pas and Pops, you two need to get a room. Yes

And you did not need to put that image in my mind. No

#sigh
31-07-2016, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2016 04:06 PM by pasadi97.)
(31-07-2016 01:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 12:08 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I was at Church today Sunday.It was supposed to be a sacrifice but was fine. We had heavenly choir music and after service we had coockies and a coffe and could socialize.

The revelation didn't verify my path was right. It is what gave me initial faith and showed me many things.

I am not yet baptised and do not confess my sins per say.

I believe both of those, while of the utmost importance, are too for a singular, right time. I do not intend to knowingly offer up my confessions and sacrifices repeatedly, nor do I wish to make the work of GOD in my life to little effect by hastily offering up myself and my sin without the fulfilment of the time needed or the lessons learned.

If you really want a description of my initial salvation event that happened to me then I can on you a copy I wrote for someone else a while back. I'm not sure that the majority here would want me to post it here, as I have given some version or another here, at this forum before on more than one occasion.

I'm not sure what you are offering me friend. I do not feel the need for anything from any church denomination.

When it is time for me to be baptized, I will most likely do it outdoors in a river. As far as who would do the baptizing; I don't know, but denomination wouldn't have too much to do with it as traditional or Orthodox Christians most likely wouldn't be down with an outdoor baptism.

You still seem to think I am a sda or Mormon or something. Please understand that I do not believe there is any reason for divided sects of Christianity or faith in GOD. I find sda doctrine to be good and their followers to be zealous. My dealings with Mormon's has been brief yet pleasant as well. Calvinist doctrine seems right to me also. So does Zoroastrian doctrine.

I can pick apart pieces of nearly all Christian sects. Orthodox the most. But I choose not to. I seem to have a great potential to build or destroy. I don't wish to destroy any thing of faith in one benevolent creator GOD. In fact; I don't want to destroy anything anymore. I admit that I am still learning things, and must tread carefully. I also admit that I too have a great potential to do nothing at all but waste away.

May GOD guide us all by His will and time, for the sake of all creation.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Pops you can send a message with revelation on PM. From what you told me I think you are on your way to trouble in afterlife. I don't think is enough what you are doing.

Go to Church of Jesus Eastewrn Orthodox Church that has right belief and does what is good to save you.'

You did not respond to my question, if I would do my Church would you come to it? What if I make it funier? What if I baptise you in a river? I can't give you nada, neither eternal life neither Heaven but you'll have fun while at Church. Would you come?

I've sent you a personal message.Get baptised ASAP and go to confessions.