Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(03-08-2016 08:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 04:00 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  The problem is that you consider yourself a pope a person that is the pillar of truth that can not error.
The Bible speak against this saying that there are path great in the eyes of men that the end may be Hell.
Budhism, Islam, Hinduism and others and your path without baptism.

Bible tells you who is the Pillar of truth. The Church established by Jesus in year 33 that exists today that gates of Hell did not overcome. The Church is the pillar of truth. The Church isb the pillar of truth. Yje Church is the pillar of truth. So read what Church has to say about baptism if it has to be done in a river or not and the answer is not.

The safe option would be for you to come to eastern orthodox Church and listen what it has to say.

But your heart is hardened and needs prayer.

In US there was a group named Campus Crusade for Christ. They wanted to find the historical Chuch and found it and come to Eastern Orthodoix Church.
I never claimed or will claim to be infallible you presumptuous blind ignoramus. I sin daily. It is the acknowledgement of this sin that strengthens my faith by further proving my own futility. You have know clue what you are speaking of. YOU look to man(pope)for direction, and somehow get lost in some vain notion that you are saved regardless of action.

Yes, scripture does say to be weary the whore. We also no that no man is righteous and all all equal and will be judged, but most spout out their "salvation" as a free gift, which it is, but the hypocrite is blinded by pride and tradition; claiming to have faith and salvation, yet conveniently overlooking the fact that real faith of any sort is a thing of belief and a thing that one actually believes...wholeheartedly, they will take for utterly true, fact if you will. And this fact, this truth, this belief would indeed steer these people to act a certain way, but we don't see that do we? In this time, even though many can perceive a glimpse of what is coming, we see these people who all claim one thing yet most of their outward actions rotate around the propagation of fear and hatred of men. We see exponential greed on numerous levels. We see favoritism and inequality, bigotry and entitlement. We know what people are by their works. Not only does the "church" generally propagate that works are at least irrelevant, and at most against the Word of GOD, but their own works speak against them. Behind closed doors is surely worse by some multiple.

I know very well my transgressions. I witness and hate them continually yet knowingly continue in them. These very obvious things work within me through the conscience and shame. This, along with patient perseverance in the Word of God and keeps them in mind, and quite literally; I will die if I don't stop at least 2 of them.

How bout you friend? Let me guess; GOD sent himself to suffer and die to appease himself, so you could go on endlessly in sin... right?

Makes loads of sense, and completely doesn't attempt to make the self sacrifice of the Christ in vain.

Can you say deception?

Am I going to fast for you?

Only one thing deceived friend. And there is no wrong in being deceived until you know of it and continue in it.

By the way; I didn't say specifically that I wouldn't get baptised indoors because it wasn't traditional. My emphasis was meant to be more so against having one in error or a church in error being the baptiser. Not that I would expect to find anyone without sin, but I would like to at least agree in doctrine, sincerity, and Faith. Finding a group that actually strived to follow the teachings and example of selflessness of the Christ would seem most promising in my opinion, unfortunately; it seems like most can't even grasp it, let alone care to follow and teach it.

Anyway

I'm done.

Glad you enjoyed the read. "interesting" huh? That's all? Not uplifting? Not from the pits of hell? Not nonsense?Interesting...ok

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Just going to point out that you can't sin and feel bad about it if you reject the asinine concept of non contextual unchangable moral edicts...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2016, 08:57 PM
(03-08-2016 08:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 08:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I never claimed or will claim to be infallible you presumptuous blind ignoramus. I sin daily. It is the acknowledgement of this sin that strengthens my faith by further proving my own futility. You have know clue what you are speaking of. YOU look to man(pope)for direction, and somehow get lost in some vain notion that you are saved regardless of action.

Yes, scripture does say to be weary the whore. We also no that no man is righteous and all all equal and will be judged, but most spout out their "salvation" as a free gift, which it is, but the hypocrite is blinded by pride and tradition; claiming to have faith and salvation, yet conveniently overlooking the fact that real faith of any sort is a thing of belief and a thing that one actually believes...wholeheartedly, they will take for utterly true, fact if you will. And this fact, this truth, this belief would indeed steer these people to act a certain way, but we don't see that do we? In this time, even though many can perceive a glimpse of what is coming, we see these people who all claim one thing yet most of their outward actions rotate around the propagation of fear and hatred of men. We see exponential greed on numerous levels. We see favoritism and inequality, bigotry and entitlement. We know what people are by their works. Not only does the "church" generally propagate that works are at least irrelevant, and at most against the Word of GOD, but their own works speak against them. Behind closed doors is surely worse by some multiple.

I know very well my transgressions. I witness and hate them continually yet knowingly continue in them. These very obvious things work within me through the conscience and shame. This, along with patient perseverance in the Word of God and keeps them in mind, and quite literally; I will die if I don't stop at least 2 of them.

How bout you friend? Let me guess; GOD sent himself to suffer and die to appease himself, so you could go on endlessly in sin... right?

Makes loads of sense, and completely doesn't attempt to make the self sacrifice of the Christ in vain.

Can you say deception?

Am I going to fast for you?

Only one thing deceived friend. And there is no wrong in being deceived until you know of it and continue in it.

By the way; I didn't say specifically that I wouldn't get baptised indoors because it wasn't traditional. My emphasis was meant to be more so against having one in error or a church in error being the baptiser. Not that I would expect to find anyone without sin, but I would like to at least agree in doctrine, sincerity, and Faith. Finding a group that actually strived to follow the teachings and example of selflessness of the Christ would seem most promising in my opinion, unfortunately; it seems like most can't even grasp it, let alone care to follow and teach it.

Anyway

I'm done.

Glad you enjoyed the read. "interesting" huh? That's all? Not uplifting? Not from the pits of hell? Not nonsense?Interesting...ok

Peace

Just going to point out that you can't sin and feel bad about it if you reject the asinine concept of non contextual unchangable moral edicts...
I'm confused, go figure.

Are you talking about universal morality of some sort?

I mean... What you said sounded great and all, but what the heck does it mean? Can you dumb it down for me?

03-08-2016, 08:58 PM
(03-08-2016 04:00 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 10:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't know. No particular place. The first baptisms I know of where done in open water. Just seems right to me. Haven't found any denomination of Christianity, local and present at least, that I agree with wholly. So being baptized by such just seems wrong sorta.

The problem is that you consider yourself a pope a person that is the pillar of truth that can not error.
The Bible speak against this saying that there are path great in the eyes of men that the end may be Hell.

Bible tells you who is the Pillar of truth. The Church established by Jesus in year 33 that exists today that gates of Hell did not overcome. The Church is the pillar of truth. The Church isb the pillar of truth. Yje Church is the pillar of truth. So read what Church has to say about baptism if it has to be done in a river or not and the answer is not.

The safe option would be for you to come to eastern orthodox Church and listen what it has to say.

In US there was a group named Campus Crusade for Christ. They wanted to find the historical Chuch and found it and come to Eastern Orthodoix Church.

Do you know that Satan created the Eastern Orthodoix (sic) Church to fool Real Believers and cause them to go to hell? It’s true, I saw that on a youtube video.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
03-08-2016, 09:12 PM
(03-08-2016 08:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 08:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Just going to point out that you can't sin and feel bad about it if you reject the asinine concept of non contextual unchangable moral edicts...
I'm confused, go figure.

I mean... What you said sounded great and all, but what the heck does it mean? Can you dumb it down for me?

I'm on my way to uni now, so I won't really have the capacity to respond better for a few hours.

But I will try to communicate the point.

Sin, as typically stated, is any act which goes against that which is considered to be divine will. The problem with the concept of sin is that it is virtually always applied without context of action, making even reasonably good or neutral acts sin regardless of the reason.

If you reject the asinine notion that there are divine edicts which remain in effect with no regard to situation, you do not need to feel like a sinner who's efforts at bettering themself is futile
The concept of sin is all but designed to be a no-win system.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
03-08-2016, 09:17 PM
(03-08-2016 09:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 08:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm confused, go figure.

I'm on my way to uni now, so I won't really have the capacity to respond better for a few hours.

But I will try to communicate the point.

Sin, as typically stated, is any act which goes against that which is considered to be divine will. The problem with the concept of sin is that it is virtually always applied without context of action, making even reasonably good or neutral acts sin regardless of the reason.

If you reject the asinine notion that there are divine edicts which remain in effect with no regard to situation, you do not need to feel like a sinner who's efforts at bettering themself is futile
The concept of sin is all but designed to be a no-win system.
Oh. I get what you are saying I think. But what I consider sin isn't really like that, as in, it is within a context and has obvious, multiple reasons for being considered sin, and in some cases; actually causal to personal physical death.

But I do agree that some have contorted the concept in hopes of controlling the masses for multiple reasons; all of which where most assuredly not too wholesome.

03-08-2016, 11:19 PM
At work.

Popcorn

Hello Pops! Thumbsup

Might you please list your 'Sins' and their 'Whys' and contexts and such please?
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
04-08-2016, 01:10 AM
(03-08-2016 08:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 04:00 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  The problem is that you consider yourself a pope a person that is the pillar of truth that can not error.

Do you know that Satan created the Eastern Orthodoix (sic) Church to fool Real Believers and cause them to go to hell? It’s true, I saw that on a youtube video.

If orthodoxy is the only right way, why is the byzantine empire no more? Why was the biggest church in christianity (for almost 1000 years!) converted into a mosque of all things (for the next 600 years!) and then to a museum? Why had the byzantine empire to fall in order to give rise to the ottoman empire (of all empires) which threatened the rest of christianity for centuries and was stopped just at the gates of a catholic empire (austria) supported by an catholic alliance?

Why was it a catholic faction who stopped the muslim conquest of western europe for good in western france in the 8th century?
Why was it another catholic kingdom who was successful to push back the muslims from the iberian peninsula instead of getting wiped out like Byzantium, and then spreading its faith to the americas even?

What is a continuous list of patriarchs worth compared to all this?

Why did god let all this happen?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
04-08-2016, 01:27 AM
(04-08-2016 01:10 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Why did god let all this happen?

He is testing the faith of true believers. If you can maintain your faith in the face of all that, you must be truly worthy, the *best* kind of dupe, the one who believes in the face of all contradicting evidence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-08-2016, 01:28 AM
(04-08-2016 01:10 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Why did god let all this happen?

Free will. It absolve space wizard of all responsibility. Oh, and don't forget the sin.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
04-08-2016, 03:24 AM
(03-08-2016 04:00 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 10:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't know. No particular place. The first baptisms I know of where done in open water. Just seems right to me. Haven't found any denomination of Christianity, local and present at least, that I agree with wholly. So being baptized by such just seems wrong sorta.

The problem is that you consider yourself a pope a person that is the pillar of truth that can not error.

Nice god you got there fella, eternal punishment for what must necessarily be finite crimes sounds really just .......NOT !