Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(06-08-2016 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 10:52 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck's wrong with you? They provide me with endless amusement in the Robert Louis Stevenson style.
While being infuriatingly annoying to us normal folksBig Grin Laugh out load

Fair enough. Although I find your claim of normalcy dubious. Tongue

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-08-2016, 12:00 PM
(06-08-2016 10:27 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 09:35 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  I have no answer to your question. It is not mine to answer. Anyhow Word of God from Book of Adam and Eve or Jesus died so you can go toi Heaven. Take advantage of this chance and go to Eastern Orthodoxy or Christian path.
Well this says everything really, what we have here is a trolling christian who cannot answer simple theological questions and is only interested in proselytising for the eastern orthodox church we desperately need the banhammer

This is not an easy question and I am a man so I don't know everything.

You can not be atheist because Atheist says God does not exists. But you don't know everything so what if God exists in the space you don't know. So as man you can be at most agnoistic.
06-08-2016, 12:04 PM
(06-08-2016 09:46 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Story for Pop

There was a priest and there was a flood. The priest was in a tree praying to God to intervene and save him.
A boat came telling the priest to come and save himself. Priest said no God would save me. A helicopter came saying come and save yourself . The priest said no, God will save me. Some other attempts were made but the priest refused all of them and kept praying. He eventually died and went angry to God, why did you not save me since I prayed to you?
God told him I send a boat, a helicopter and I did many attempts to save you but you didn't take them.

You pray for God to guide you but because of hardened heart you are not able to move to Eastern Orthodoxy even if I told you that Bible said that Church is pillar of truith and even even if I demonstrated that Eastern Orthodox Church is the Church from Acts of Apostles.

I think you need to change the prayer from God please guide me to God move me to best denomination and religion in your eyes and save me since you are not able to react to guidance.
You are an offensive, willfully ignorant, arrogant, closed minded, prick. I have little against the eastern orthodox church. You have no clue what I have and haven't done by the direction of GOD, nor do you have the slightest clue of your own misdirection though it had been made obvious, all due to misplaced pride and vanity. I wish you the best. I hope you find clarity by the removal of pride. I hope you find humility for your sake and the sake of whomever may be like you whom you are close to.

And another thing; since you enjoy correcting people so much; you should inform people that tears during the hearing of the Word of GOD aren't exactly a gift. It is a byproduct of the gift of discernment coupled with the understanding of one's own shortcomings. It is acknowledgement of a sinful state, though one knows of a holy way. It can be a thing of shame, or a thing of blessed mercy.

All one needs is sincerity and understanding, neither of which come from other members of the clergy, but from Faith on a personal level. If one was to actually follow the narrow path that is spoken of by the Christ then perhaps the tears would be of a wholly different sort, those of utter joy.

Knowing and doing are still, often, two different things.

I'm sorry you are so confused, and hope that we can both be lead into the Light of GOD, by His Will, for our sakes, and that we might too lead others to that Light by the Grace of GOD, understanding and reciprocating the will of GOD in our own lives effectually.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
06-08-2016, 02:16 PM
(06-08-2016 12:00 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 10:27 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Well this says everything really, what we have here is a trolling christian who cannot answer simple theological questions and is only interested in proselytising for the eastern orthodox church we desperately need the banhammer

You can not be atheist because Atheist says God does not exists. But you don't know everything so what if God exists in the space you don't know. So as man you can be at most agnoistic.

Tell me, do you reject the existence of unicorns, hobgoblins, and people that actually like Fosters beer?

God is basically that for us. Just another myth with no reason to be believed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
06-08-2016, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 02:30 PM by unfogged.)
(06-08-2016 12:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are an offensive, willfully ignorant, arrogant, closed minded, prick.

Bwahahahahahahaha

Nearly shorted out the keyboard over that little gem of irony

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
06-08-2016, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 02:49 PM by adey67.)
(06-08-2016 12:00 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Hi
(06-08-2016 10:27 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Well this says everything really, what we have here is a trolling christian who cannot answer simple theological questions and is only interested in proselytising for the eastern orthodox church we desperately need the banhammer

Facepalm At least you are honest and say you cannot answer the question.... I respect that
06-08-2016, 02:29 PM
This is currently my favorite thread of the forum.
06-08-2016, 02:56 PM
(06-08-2016 02:29 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  This is currently my favorite thread of the forum.

Yeah i was reading how pops called someone
Quote:offensive, willfully ignorant, arrogant, closed minded, prick
and thought: "Damn..........hes right" Gasp

I never thought i would say this, but i 100% agree with pops. Weeping

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
06-08-2016, 03:50 PM
(06-08-2016 02:29 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  This is currently my favorite thread of the forum.

I'm worried for you brother Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-08-2016, 06:09 PM
"So Chuck, how do you see this play by play ending between these two?"

"Well Frank, I see Pops is using some logical fallacies with a bit of circular logic into the stretch but don't count Pasdi out! He's pulling up the rear with his strawman and lots of anecdotal evidence to confound his opponent. It's a tough match to call at this point."

"Ok Chuck. We'll return in a few minutes after a few messages from our sponsor, TTA."

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post