Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 05:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(08-08-2016 04:46 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Sorry guys, I spoke bad words on a holy cow, evolution.

Nobody denies microevolution, animals getting bigger, smaller based on conditions of life. The problem is macroevolution. Nobody did demonstrated that one kind can go into another kind.

What say you about this cute little feller? Silly boy.

[Image: playtypus.jpg]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-08-2016, 05:08 PM
(08-08-2016 04:46 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Sorry guys, I spoke bad words on a holy cow, evolution.

Nobody denies microevolution, animals getting bigger, smaller based on conditions of life. The problem is macroevolution. Nobody did demonstrated that one kind can go into another kind.

There is no such thing as "microevolution" and "macroevolution." There is merely evolution over one generation versus evolution over thousands or millions of generations.

It can be demonstrated genetically that human DNA is very similar to chimpanzee DNA. We have a common ancestor that lived approximately 5-7 million years ago, and then the two lines diverged.

Of course, if you believe the Earth is only a few thousand years old and that it was once flooded to a depth of 5 miles (the height of Mount Everest), that snakes can talk and crucified rabbis can come back to life, you simply are not in a position to understand any of this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
08-08-2016, 05:11 PM
(08-08-2016 04:23 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  From his wiki page...

"Put on a piece of paper what you want to happen next 5 years and salvation then pray for this to happen 100 times a night at 12 am when 1 prayer is like at least 40 day time prayers. Do this for several days so in total you have at least 300 prayers. Then I think that things will start moving."

Sounds like OCD.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
08-08-2016, 05:37 PM
(08-08-2016 04:46 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Nobody denies microevolution, animals getting bigger, smaller based on conditions of life. The problem is macroevolution.

If you agree that small changes can occur then please describe the mechanism that prevents small changes from accumulating to the point where they add up to a large change.

Quote:Nobody did demonstrated that one kind can go into another kind.

Please define "kind". What exactly is the criteria for determining whether two things are the same kind or not?

Are dogs and wolves the same kind? How about foxes? Thylacines?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-08-2016, 05:39 PM

I have to ask you for clarification on the biological definition of a 'kind'. None of my textbooks have covered it.

(08-08-2016 04:46 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  What does poe stands for?

don't forget first message.

Poe is a shortening of Poe's Law. Poe's Law refers to an addage created by Nathan Poe, it states:
"Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is uttrerly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
08-08-2016, 05:45 PM

What does poe stands for?

don't forget first message.

It has been demonstrated though what never is demonstrated is what a KIND is supposed to mean or stay at.

Unsurprisingly tons of religious folks make degrees of ranges on what they even think a kind is.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-08-2016, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 07:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-08-2016 05:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It has been demonstrated though what never is demonstrated is what a KIND is supposed to mean or stay at.

I can't wrap my head around it. It almost seems like they're trying to reference Aristotle's Substance Category Taxonomy but then I realize they'd have no fucking idea what I was talking about.

(08-08-2016 05:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Unsurprisingly tons of religious folks make degrees of ranges on what they even think a kind is.

Fools march in where angels fear to tread. Girly ain't no fool.

#sigh
08-08-2016, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 06:59 PM by pasadi97.)
Thank you for explaining what poe is.
You are very smart guys and it is a pleasure to speak with you.

Anyhow we must agree that macroevolution was not proven yet. They tried to see what happens over millions of years of age by experimenting of flies that had a very small lifespan.

They experimented with these flies simulating probably millions of years . They had many generation. They radiated them, warmed them and after so many generations do you think they obtained anythiong than flies? No they obtained flies. They've got more [pairs of wings, smaller, larger so forth but they were flies.

Also in evolution NDE has no reason if evolution is true. Also NDE is not brain activity. People in NDE saw body from above, they saw what happened in three rooms distance, they saw what was on the roof and people with soul vision see soul departing body at death.

In the end we can agree to disagree. But unfortunately you have to get things right because there is a stiff penalty if you get it wrong, Hell.
08-08-2016, 07:24 PM
(08-08-2016 06:51 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Also NDE is not brain. They saw body from above, they saw what happened in three rooms distance, they saw what was on the roof and people with soul vision see soul departing body at death.

Seriously? You never experienced this before? If you are not experienced then your opinion is uninformed and without basis. Dude, check out the Prophet Hoffmann. ... on second thought best you don't.

(08-08-2016 06:51 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  In the end we can agree to disagree. But unfortunately you have to get things right because there is a stiff penalty if you get it wrong, Hell.

I have two concepts of Hell:

One is where I spend the few precious instants of awareness I have worrying about going to Hell.

The other is where I endure eternal boredom by singing "Angels We Have Heard on High" over and over and over . .. Goddamit can't we at least rotate it with "Hark the Motherfucking Goddam Angels Sing"!

#sigh
08-08-2016, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016 07:55 PM by dancefortwo.)
(08-08-2016 06:51 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Thank you for explaining what poe is.
You are very smart guys and it is a pleasure to speak with you.

Anyhow we must agree that macroevolution was not proven yet. They tried to see what happens over millions of years of age by experimenting of flies that had a very small lifespan.

They experimented with these flies simulating probably millions of years . They had many generation. They radiated them, warmed them and after so many generations do you think they obtained anythiong than flies? No they obtained flies. They've got more [pairs of wings, smaller, larger so forth but they were flies.

Also in evolution NDE has no reason if evolution is true. Also NDE is not brain activity. People in NDE saw body from above, they saw what happened in three rooms distance, they saw what was on the roof and people with soul vision see soul departing body at death.

In the end we can agree to disagree. But unfortunately you have to get things right because there is a stiff penalty if you get it wrong, Hell.

Astronauts who train in centrifuge machines that spin them around at a very high speed have NDE's. The blood is pulled from away from key areas of the brain causing out of body experiences. And yes, they see themselves from a distance and from above. It happens all the time. It's just the brain in trauma. It's also of note that Muslims see visions related to their religious upbringing and culture as do Buddhists and Hindus.

Unfortunately you DO have to get things right so if you don't believe in Odin you're toast. He promised to rid the world of Ice Giants........you don't see any Ice Giants around now, do you? Proof that Odin is real!

All Hail Odin! Worship Slaves

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post