Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(09-08-2016 08:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 08:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I might be okay with it dead and not in the ocean and stuff. Can't imagine I would enjoy eating it though. Must be a terrible texture.

Texture is okay.

I wonder what it is like to eat one of these amazing shrimp.

Banjo, is there any nutrition in it? Maybe some protein perhaps? I can't imagine that there would be much in the way of vitamins though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 08:37 PM
(09-08-2016 08:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 08:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Texture is okay.

I wonder what it is like to eat one of these amazing shrimp.

Banjo, is there any nutrition in it? Maybe some protein perhaps? I can't imagine that there would be much in the way of vitamins though.

Apparently it is good for the brain. Although I have not studied it. I was simply told.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-08-2016, 04:39 AM
(06-08-2016 06:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I see them in a cheap hotel room.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
10-08-2016, 05:00 AM

Perhaps we could crowd fund to raise the money, I'm happy to donate condoms and a tub of spearmint flavoured lube Tongue
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
10-08-2016, 05:31 AM
(10-08-2016 05:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  

Perhaps we could crowd fund to raise the money, I'm happy to donate condoms and a tub of spearmint flavoured lube Tongue

Thanks for the mental image.

I wonder which one this will portray?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-08-2016, 06:17 AM
Definitely pasadi Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-08-2016, 07:21 AM
(09-08-2016 01:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Hasn't this thread been relegated to the casual section? Who is it hurting for us to conversate about anything whatsoever. Moreover; if y'all want to talk about cheese and alcohol then what's it hurting?

I've never even witnessed a door knocking theist before. Guess it would help to have a house though...

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
Your exchange makes me facepalm vomit and roflmao simultaneously, its a most peculiar feeling I can tell ya Tongue Big Grin
10-08-2016, 07:29 AM
(10-08-2016 05:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  

Alright, that's just uncalled for.

That's cool that you aren't greedy with money and have a giving spirit, but surely your donations could go towards a better cause.

[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
10-08-2016, 07:33 AM
(10-08-2016 07:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 05:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Perhaps we could crowd fund to raise the money, I'm happy to donate condoms and a tub of spearmint flavoured lube Tongue
Alright, that's just uncalled for.

That's cool that you aren't greedy with money and have a giving spirit, but surely your donations could go towards a better cause.

Lols you may have some errr "unusual ideas" but you do make me smile Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
10-08-2016, 07:23 PM
(09-08-2016 06:53 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  pasadi97,

What do you think about this in general?

Arise, O wayfarer in the path of the Love of God, and aid thou His Cause. Say: Barter not away this Youth, O people, for the vanities of this world or the delights of heaven. By the righteousness of the one true God! One hair of Him excelleth all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth. Beware, O men, lest ye be tempted to part with Him in exchange for the gold and silver ye possess. Let His love be a storehouse of treasure for your souls, on the Day when naught else but Him shall profit you, the Day when every pillar shall tremble, when the very skins of men shall creep, when all eyes shall stare up with terror. Say: O people! Fear ye God, and turn not away disdainfully from His Revelation. Fall prostrate on your faces before God, and celebrate His praise in the daytime and in the night season.

Let thy soul glow with the flame of this undying Fire that burneth in the midmost heart of the world, in such wise that the waters of the universe shall be powerless to cool down its ardor. Make, then, mention of thy Lord, that haply the heedless among Our servants may be admonished through thy words, and the hearts of the righteous be gladdened.

XVISay: O men! This is a matchless Day. Matchless must, likewise, be the tongue that celebrateth the praise of the Desire of all nations, and matchless the deed that aspireth to be acceptable in His sight. The whole human race hath longed for this Day, that perchance it may fulfill that which well beseemeth its station, and is worthy of its destiny. Blessed is the man whom the affairs of the world have failed to deter from recognizing Him Who is the Lord of all things.

In regard to what thou hast written concerning his honour the learned Sáhib, upon him be the grace of God, his state of mind and disposition are clear and evident, as is further attested by that which he hath sent. Now, as to his questions, it was not deemed advisable to refer and reply to each one individually, for the response would have run counter to wisdom and been incompatible with that which is current amongst men. Even so, in that which was revealed in his honour from the heaven of divine favour, answers were provided in a language of marvellous concision and clarity. But it appeareth that he hath failed to consider the matter closely, for otherwise he would have readily admitted that not a single point was omitted, and would have exclaimed: “This is naught but a clear and conclusive utterance!” His questions were the following.

First: “The Prophets of Mahábád, together with Zoroaster, were twenty-eight in number. Each one of them sought to exalt, rather than abrogate, the faith and religion of the others. Each one that appeared bore witness to the truth and veracity of the former law and religion and breathed no word about abolishing them. Each declared: ‘We are the bearers of a Revelation from God, which We deliver unto His servants.’ Some of the Hindu Prophets, however, have declared: ‘We are God Himself, and it is incumbent upon the entire creation to bear allegiance unto Us. Whensoever conflict and dissension appear amongst men, We arise to quench it.’ Each one that appeared announced: ‘I am the same One that appeared in the beginning.’ The latter Prophets such as David, Abraham, Moses and Jesus confirmed the truth of the Prophets gone before them, but said: ‘Such was the law in the past, but in this day the law is that which I proclaim.’ The Arabian Prophet, however, hath said: ‘Through My appearance every law hath proven to be unsound and no law holdeth but Mine.’ Which of these creeds is acceptable and which of these leaders is to be preferred?”

It should first be noted that in one sense the stations of the Prophets of God differ one from another. For instance, consider Moses. He brought forth a Book and established ordinances, whilst a number of the Prophets and Messengers who arose after Him were charged with the promulgation of His laws, insofar as they remained consonant with the needs of the age. The books and chronicles annexed to the Torah bear eloquent testimony to this truth.

Regarding the statement ascribed to the Author of the Qur’án: “Through My appearance every law and religion hath proven to be unsound and no law holdeth but Mine”, no such words were ever uttered by that Source and Fount of divine wisdom. Nay rather, He confirmed that which had been sent down before from the empyrean of the Divine Will unto the Prophets and Messengers of God. He saith, exalted be His utterance: “Alif. Lám. Mím. God! There is no God but Him, the Living, the Ever-Abiding. He it is Who hath sent down to Thee the Book through the power of truth, confirming those which preceded it. He revealed aforetime the Torah and the Evangel as a guidance unto men, and He hath now revealed the Qur’án….” He, moreover, hath asserted that all the Prophets have proceeded from God and have returned unto Him. Viewed in this light, they are all as one and the same Being, inasmuch as they have not uttered a word, brought a message, or revealed a cause, of their own accord. Nay, all that they have said hath proceeded from the one true God, exalted be His glory. They have all summoned men unto the Supreme Horizon and imparted the tidings of eternal life. Thus the diverse statements recounted by his honour the Sáhib are to be seen as concordant letters, that is, letters that form a single word.

It's very close to what I believe and believed before ever reading it. Or any other text really.

Thanks,

Peace

Pops,

These writings are bad. They put equal between destination Hell and destination Heaven. There is no equal between Christianity that leads to Heaven and any other religion including atheism that lead to Hell.

If you want Heaven destination go to Christianity. If you want best for you go to Eastern Orthodoxy.