Christianity for busy thinking people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: Christianity for busy thinking people
(12-08-2016 01:17 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 09:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Did you do relief work in Romania too Astreja ? I was at two orphanages' one in Slobozia and the other in a small village called Fierbinti this was just after the revolution so conditions were pretty awful, it was a secular charity and I like to think we did some good nursing there.

No, I haven't traveled off the North American continent so far. (I'm also on the clerical/administrative side of medicine rather than a front-line worker.) I was aware of the problems in the orphanages, though. Can you recommend any particular organization over there that could use support?

The charity I volunteered for is now defunct and I believe that the conditions are much improved in Romania now, if there's anywhere that still needs help I think our friend google would be your best bet
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2016, 05:16 PM
(12-08-2016 05:34 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 01:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Pasadi -

What is this "prayer" stuff you keep talking about?

Is it some kind of magic spell that keeps you from addressing (or recognizing) that you believed the lies of a religious charlatan who told you a bunch of total nonsense about what science actually claims, and that you couldn't be a Christian and an evolutionary biologist?

Because that's a pretty good spell. At least, I'm impressed at that degree of cognitive dissonance.

Prayer is bringing an infinite power to your help. It helps with hardened heart.

Um, wait a cotton tailed, little ol minute here Pasadena, doesn't your "infinite power" have a "plan" for all humanity? Or am I getting my gods mixed up?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-08-2016, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 05:40 PM by pasadi97.)
(12-08-2016 09:08 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 05:38 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Is Springy G using paranormal?

Wow. You really are a clueless git, Pasadi. I am "Springy G." It's My nickname, and is short for "Springy Goddess."

No, I possess no supernatural powers whatsoever and in fact believe that there is no such thing as the "supernatural." I am, however, highly skilled at using the resources of the natural universe to attain My goals.

Quote:Were not enemies.

Ah, that's what you think, Pasadi. Just to prove a point, I hereby declare you to be My enemy until further notice, and there is nothing you can do about it.

In fact, I have decided that the Orthodox Church is harmful nonsense and have requested its destruction from within. You, Pasadi, are one of the tools I have selected to use to effect that destruction. For starters, you are to stop giving donations to the church and to instead give your money to non-religious charities that help the Romanian orphans.

Quote:Tell Springy G to become eastern orthodox Christian to get entrance to Heaven.

Why would I want to spend eternity with people like you, Pasadi? No. I refuse to become a Christian of any sort.

Quote:See Astreja this is an emotional post that confirms the diagnostic of hardened heart.

Are you a Cardiologist? No? Then shut the fuck up about heart diagnoses, as you are practicing medicine without a license.

Astreja you choosed the wrong fight. Eastern Orthodox Church will resist until the end and gates of hell will not overcome it. You'll see that because always will be people needing Heaven. Jesus defends his Church pretty well.

But Jesus can save people that don't know him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhbKLIkDRow
12-08-2016, 07:31 PM
(12-08-2016 05:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Astreja you choosed the wrong fight. Eastern Orthodox Church will resist until the end and gates of hell will not overcome it. You'll see that because always will be people needing Heaven. Jesus defends his Church pretty well.

Hodor?

#sigh
12-08-2016, 07:34 PM
(12-08-2016 05:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  But Jesus can save people that don't know him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhbKLIkDRow

#sigh
12-08-2016, 07:41 PM
(12-08-2016 05:45 AM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Saint Philaret the merciful

Wasn't his brother Saint Phallus the Tumescent? Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-08-2016, 08:40 PM
(12-08-2016 07:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Cousin of Saint Bart the Flatulent

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-08-2016, 10:21 PM
(12-08-2016 07:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Saint Herm the Upright? Big Grin

And no, Pasadi, despite what you've been brainwashed to think (and what I was brainwashed to think, when I was a Christian fundamentalist), my heart is not hardened. Indeed, it has softened considerably since I was one of you.

But I was never as dishonest as you are. I never would have pretended that a person hadn't just told me that one of the top geneticists and evolutionary biologists on the planet was an evangelical Christian, and what the implications would be for my statement that it's about atheism.

Or hardened hearts.

You have closed off your mind, and that makes me very sad... because my heart is too soft. I should simply feel contempt for you, but I do not. Just pity.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2016, 10:45 PM
(12-08-2016 05:29 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Astreja you choosed the wrong fight. Eastern Orthodox Church will resist until the end and gates of hell will not overcome it.

The Orthodox Church will eventually fade away like all other mythologies. In the context of history, I have already won.

There is literally nothing you can do that would make Me join your church. Nothing.

Quote:You'll see that because always will be people needing Heaven. Jesus defends his Church pretty well.

"Jesus" is an almost certainly mythical character. If there ever was such a person, he died nearly 2000 years ago, was thrown into a mass grave by his Roman executioners, rotted away to the bone, and is now somewhere under modern-day Jerusalem. He can't defend or save anyone, not even himself, because he's either imaginary or fucking dead.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2016, 10:46 PM
(11-08-2016 04:31 PM)pasadi97 Wrote:  Pops and people of this forum need prayer. Unfortunately even if I pray easier I unfoirtunately loose time, cannot mobilize myself to do something productive and I loose time so I don't have time for prayer.

Hmm, you remind me of a Baptist minister I once knew before I became Catholic. He too, did not believe in the power of prayer.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user