Christianity is Buddhism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Christianity is Buddhism
(13-09-2016 05:05 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 08:33 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  More people wanting to coopt if something sounds and is similar in one way, they are universally linked therefore the religious idea of mine is right in all boundless ways.

I thought this was gonna be her pulling out one thing I've heard people speculate about in that Jesus's absent teens/20s were that he traveled East and learned buddhism & eastern thoughts and brought that with him to the ideas of judaism, which only forms out of a lack of real knowledge of the ideas already flourished in the mid east in Babylonian, Egyptian, etc.

I am not sure about Buddhism.
In Jesus teachings, there are no divine rules to be followed. But I guess, this sounds wrong to those who cannot live the unconditional love and care towards all others if they are not commanded to, first Big Grin For example, a certain man loves his wife to no limit in order to please his father who commanded him to do it in the first place Tongue

On the other side, all other religious teachings (mainly of Judaism) present certain rules (claimed being of a god or alike) to be followed in order to be saved in a way or another.

Do you think Buddhism has also no religious rules to be obeyed by its believers?
Thank you.

Please note that I didn't talk about 'Christianity' because the great majority of Christians have to follow some rules (and rituals) adopted by their denominations. This is why I was specific when I focused on 'Jesus teachings' only.

Kerim

Jesus in the bible texts says to follow the law of Moses and stated he didn't come to break the laws. His teaching are to follow the Jewish ones. He didn't disregard Divine rules in those texts. None of that whole Jesus made the law and extra commandments go away comes from any jesus quotes, those are from the latter new testament bickerings.

And depending on the school of Buddhism, yes there are rules. The 5 precepts and Nobel truths that are guiding rules. Some schools like Zen that mainly don't care for the history but embrace the living moment disregard them as just guidance.

Just as in some Buddhists believe in a godhead, but mainly that was influenced by those in contact with Islam for generations and others instead may think of universal consciouness as something akin to a godhead

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Christianity is Buddhism
(13-09-2016 01:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 05:05 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I am not sure about Buddhism.
In Jesus teachings, there are no divine rules to be followed. But I guess, this sounds wrong to those who cannot live the unconditional love and care towards all others if they are not commanded to, first Big Grin For example, a certain man loves his wife to no limit in order to please his father who commanded him to do it in the first place Tongue

On the other side, all other religious teachings (mainly of Judaism) present certain rules (claimed being of a god or alike) to be followed in order to be saved in a way or another.

Do you think Buddhism has also no religious rules to be obeyed by its believers?
Thank you.

Please note that I didn't talk about 'Christianity' because the great majority of Christians have to follow some rules (and rituals) adopted by their denominations. This is why I was specific when I focused on 'Jesus teachings' only.

Kerim

Jesus in the bible texts says to follow the law of Moses and stated he didn't come to break the laws. His teaching are to follow the Jewish ones. He didn't disregard Divine rules in those texts. None of that whole Jesus made the law and extra commandments go away comes from any jesus quotes, those are from the latter new testament bickerings.

And depending on the school of Buddhism, yes there are rules. The 5 precepts and Nobel truths that are guiding rules. Some schools like Zen that mainly don't care for the history but embrace the living moment disregard them as just guidance.

Just as in some Buddhists believe in a godhead, but mainly that was influenced by those in contact with Islam for generations and others instead may think of universal consciouness as something akin to a godhead

First, thank you for your interesting reply.

And here is what I like adding.
I think you heard of Jesus' two commandments (in Arabic, the word 'commandment' is translated to what means like 'an advice that a loving father gives to his beloved sons', not a command). After he stated them he went on saying "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

I am not here to convince you about anything, but Jesus gave the final update of the teachings addressed to the ancient Jews. Even in science, we cannot force our kids to learn the up-to-date ideas, at an early age. In fact, we teach them something wrong (or not complete) first in order to help them evolve naturally.

For example, the final definition in parallelism is:
"Two straights are said parallel if they intersect at infinity".
But the first definition given at school says:
"Two straights are said parallel if they DON'T intersect".
Then, after a few years also at school, it becomes:
"Two straights are said parallel if they DON'T intersect and are on the same plane".

As you see, the first one is wrong. The following one is not bad but it cannot be used in the perspective geometry. Despite of being wrong or not complete, the first two definitions were very important in order for the kid's brain to get, when adult, the final useful definition. Obviously, the final up-to-date definition makes the first two obsolete (or as souvenirs only Wink ).

To be clearer, I live the unconditional love and care towards all others, friends and enemies.
Do I need being reminded any of Moses law?
Do I need following any rituals of Jews or else?
Yes, as you said, Jesus didn't come to break Moses Law but to update them as in the scientific example above. Also, Jesus didn't recommend following any of Jewish rituals and didn't impose new ones to please Heaven... the most he said: "do this in remembrance of me"... not to please him Wink In the contrary, he is clear that praying in public is nothing but looking for the glory of men (as Pagans and Muslims do).

Anyway, the subject is vast and, as I said, I don’t intend convincing you about anything because, as I believe, you know better than I what is good for you.

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply