Christianity is false and immoral. (Hitchens)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-04-2011, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2011 12:21 AM by Chesstime.)
RE: Christianity is false and immoral. (Hitchens)

Why isn't this working?

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2011, 12:34 AM
(22-04-2011 12:17 AM)Chesstime Wrote:  

Why isn't this working?
You use the standard video link otherwise the system wont recognise it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjO4duhMRZk
22-04-2011, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2011 04:20 AM by Observer.)
When following the debates between rational Christians and atheists about the Christian morale it came to my attention that, after a few posts, It quickly becomes a game of YES/NO, YOU DO/I DON'T etc...

I am by no means a professional debater, a theologian or pundit on any of these subjects but I feel I see a big fallacy in reasoning this way.

This is my opinion:
When atheists like Hichings Attack Christian morale, the are attacking the morale as it is indoctrinated by dogma not at it is practised in general.

The catch is that it is not always clear what dogma you, as a humane and rational Christian, subscribe to and which not, and that dogma sometimes gets redefined by your apologetic approach.

I never ever doubt that a humane Christian would support slavery, But according to the dogma that the bible is the true word of god and the passage in GEN the bible says you can. Someone can state that a Christian supports slavery. in reply, he will say: No, that's not what the dogma says, or No I don't subscribe to that dogma.

I'd love to have a Christian respond to this.

Anyway...
Dogma is why I stay atheist. My dogma is "Unproven dogma is always wrong." (that last bullet went straight for my foot. SmileSmile) In other words: It was a joke!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
22-04-2011, 04:47 AM
The way I see it...

Theists believe in a God that is contradicted by historical evidence, science, and reason.

Atheists believe in historical evidence, science, and reason.

In any debate between Christians and Atheists, it is obvious who has the advantage.

Long Live Hitch.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin