Christianity is not a religion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 12:26 AM
RE: Christianity is not a religion...
(16-12-2013 09:42 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  Ran across this gem. O'Reilly is making the claim that Christianity isn't a religion, so it is ok if public property contains things that are pro-Christianity.

This is your daily dose of WTF?!

I love this guy!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 12:48 AM
(16-12-2013 10:39 AM)Alla Wrote:  Christianity is a belief. It is a belief that Jesus

Jesus who? You mean the illegal who is gardening for the fatcat down the street? OK....

Quote:is the Christ

What's a christ?

Quote:and that He is a Savior of this world.

Really? Is he providing a Big Savings on your next purchase of Alla's Super Snake Oil?

Quote:Many Christian denominations share this belief.

You were trying ot make some point?

Quote:But some people may see Christianity as a religion. I think there is nothing wrong with that.

SOME people? Really? It's a fucking religion. And O'Reilly is an equivocating piece of shit.

And you and Bill O'Reily can
[Image: go-fuck-yourself-disney-with-a-vengeance....gif?w=480]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
18-12-2013, 03:53 AM
(16-12-2013 01:14 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Gnostic christians like Marcian and Valentinus believed in two Gods. One the creator of all matter Yahweh (sometimes called Satan), capricious and malevolent, and another one fully spiritual called "the Father" benevolent and good who sent jesus to destroy the works of Yahweh. As you might guess, they rejected the old testament as a work of satan or completely immoral or both

This makes so much more sense than modern Christianity! Instant resolution of the problem of evil for one. Although still weird as hell I guess, especially if they gave the same prominence to the idea of crucifixion and atonement for sin... it's actually... I mean... who would you be sinning against ? If the Father is good he can't be bleak with you for wanking or whatever... so I guess it's Yahweh who's demanding atonement ?

Nice that they chucked the OT though, that'd make theologians work a lot easier Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-12-2013, 08:49 AM
(17-12-2013 09:21 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 04:09 PM)Impulse Wrote:  It's the church itself more than the members. For example, are you familiar with the beatific vision? Only Catholics supposedly will have this heavenly reward because Catholicism is supposedly the one "accurate" religion due to the Pope infallability and it coming from God himself- Jesus.

I do agree though that other religions have their own variations of this snobbery. Dodgy

That's what the leaders of the church say, but I don't personally know any Catholics that feel that way - that any person that they know, no matter how good they are, will not go to heaven if they aren't Catholic. I don't judge all Catholics by the behavior of their religious leaders, just as I hope that nobody judges all Americans by the behavior of our government.
Actually, the Catholic church says non-Catholics can go to heaven, but only Catholics will see the face of God - the beatific vision.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
18-12-2013, 08:57 AM
(18-12-2013 08:49 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Actually, the Catholic church says non-Catholics can go to heaven, but only Catholics will see the face of God - the beatific vision.

The rest get to see the Ass of God... the not-so-beatific vision...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.