Christianity on the decline in England & Wales!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Christianity on the decline in England & Wales!!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...urvey.html

Fantastic news today from the Telegraph! Slowly but surely we are getting closer to becoming a more secular country! Up yours Cameron!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like RedDragon81's post
23-12-2011, 09:19 AM
RE: Christianity on the decline in England & Wales!!
That's great news! I only wish the U.S. could become more secular Undecided. I've become sick of the religious agenda trying to be pushed into law when the focus should be on the economy.
[+] 4 users Like Kaos MD's post
23-12-2011, 10:11 AM
(23-12-2011 09:19 AM)Kaos MD Wrote:  That's great news! I only wish the U.S. could become more secular Undecided. I've become sick of the religious agenda trying to be pushed into law when the focus should be on the economy.

Come to Canada. We're pretty chill here. HA! GET IT!...............shut up at least I try.

It's not just Europe that's in decline. most of the first world countries are in free fall now.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
23-12-2011, 10:16 AM
(23-12-2011 03:36 AM)RedDragon81 Wrote:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...urvey.html

Fantastic news today from the Telegraph! Slowly but surely we are getting closer to becoming a more secular country! Up yours Cameron!

It's good to see that, as a nation, we are slowly moving towards a state of common sense.

By the way, I'm guessing your Welsh?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
23-12-2011, 04:25 PM
(23-12-2011 03:36 AM)RedDragon81 Wrote:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...urvey.html

Great news indeed! I also think that many people say they are Christian out of a sense of societal duty, but really have no interest in the religion, so the figures are probably much better than they appear. Once ridiculous politicians stop trying to push religion with their politics, the better off the World will be.

There is one thing that is certain, to me, a good education and religious beliefs do not go hand in hand and as education standards improve, then Christianity will quickly die.

Nothing is surer than the fact that humans always end up deserting their gods; history is full of deserted gods and the Abrahamic god will meet the same end as all the other thousands have done.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
[+] 1 user Likes Organon's post
23-12-2011, 05:19 PM
(23-12-2011 04:25 PM)Organon Wrote:  There is one thing that is certain, to me, a good education and religious beliefs do not go hand in hand and as education standards improve, then Christianity will quickly die.
That's just not true. There are people far smarter than you or I who still believe in a God.

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
23-12-2011, 05:28 PM
(23-12-2011 05:19 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  That's just not true. There are people far smarter than you or I who still believe in a God.

There are incredibly smart theists and incredibly stupid atheists. However, statistically the cleverer you are the less religious you tend to be, it's been shown by several studies over the years.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
23-12-2011, 05:29 PM
(23-12-2011 05:19 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 04:25 PM)Organon Wrote:  There is one thing that is certain, to me, a good education and religious beliefs do not go hand in hand and as education standards improve, then Christianity will quickly die.
That's just not true. There are people far smarter than you or I who still believe in a God.

You're lying to yourself with that one. The only reason why some smart people kept their beliefs is that they compartmentalize. They are very smart about everything else but very gullible about the god part. While Organon seemed to be overlooking this aspect, he is still generally right. In countries with good standards of education, religion is taking a nose dive.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
23-12-2011, 05:36 PM
(23-12-2011 05:29 PM)Malleus Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 05:19 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  That's just not true. There are people far smarter than you or I who still believe in a God.

You're lying to yourself with that one. The only reason why some smart people kept their beliefs is that they compartmentalize. They are very smart about everything else but very gullible about the god part. While Organon seemed to be overlooking this aspect, he is still generally right. In countries with good standards of education, religion is taking a nose dive.
And you've proven that how?

What do you mean by taking a nose dive? Which countries are these?

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
23-12-2011, 05:41 PM
(23-12-2011 05:36 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  And you've proven that how?

What do you mean by taking a nose dive? Which countries are these?

If you google it you'll find that most studies find a negative correlation between religiosity and intellect.

I don't know for certain about other countries but I do know that Christianity is on the decline and atheism on the rise over here in the UK, I imagine that it's the same in most Western countries.

Best
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post