He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: Christianity's plot
(19-02-2015 09:37 AM)kim Wrote:  Hmm, Claywise has been here a bit... maybe a Mod can move this to an appropriate section... something to do with goofy old theism and atheism, perhaps? Shy

Actually, yes, it would be great to move it to the appropriate section.

Silly me, I've still not got the hang of creating new threads, as there seems not to be (and I may just be missing it) an obvious button on the basic forum page to do so.

So feel free to move it to an appropriate place, indeed, please do.

Mea culpa!

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
19-02-2015, 02:08 PM
(19-02-2015 09:49 AM)kim Wrote:  Sometimes decently educated folk are simply raised within a slightly insular culture and may have no idea there is even an alternative to the theistic mindset.

By the way, I in no way mean to imply that believers are all "idiots." I just found the "idiot plot" concept relevant to their holy book and foundational beliefs.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
18-04-2015, 01:18 PM
First post, just joined. Coming, quite recently, from that insular world where up is down and they serve an erratic god, I have to agree completely with everything on this thread. Clay, you nailed it. It does NOT make sense. It makes "the creator" look weak, compared with his enemies. Totally whooped straight out of the gate, only able to rescue a handful of the creation he allegedly loves loves loves. Failure is intrinsic, success is only highly-qualified, admission to being defeated by a presumably less-worthy foe is a fact that must be accepted by all devotees.

It is a strange religion, indeed, which was passed down from judaism to christianity. Christianity itself is quite strange considering that the namesake said not to worship him, only the one who sent him. So they are in disobedience straight out of the gate, step ONE was false. The one who was sent is not the one who sent him, and the one who was sent made such abundantly clear on any number of occasions in the new testament, i.e., the roman catholics' cherry-picked, extrascriptural rulebook.

Their god is puny. Unable to save. Most definitely NOT all-powerful, certainly not all loving. Why hold all man to account if the price has been paid? Boy this religion is schizo, it causes generations of folk who are just looking for answers a whole world of congnitive dissonance. "Accept salvation, yay! Accept that most people are not capable of being saved by an all-capable deity (well dang, shoot, oh well)."

The whole thing smells suspiciously like a big fat lie.