Christianity, there is no escape

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Christianity, there is no escape
I work for a heating and air company. A new customer called and wanted us to do a quote for new equipment.
This customer called to say that the tech we sent out there did an excellent job and explained things well. That's a good thing and will be nice to add to his file for his next review.
Then the customer went on to say that he also enjoyed meeting the owner's boyfriend (though he thought husband and co-owner - he is neither) and was impressed that he is a "believer" and therefore we will be getting his business.
Oh, FFS.
I know, it's good to get the business but damn...that's what you base a business decision on? Your assumption that someone believes the same things you do. Cripes. Better hope he doesn't find out they are living in sin.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-02-2013, 01:05 PM
RE: Christianity, there is no escape
Business is business.

I test software for a living, but in the evenings I teach chess lessons to private students. Almost every one of them is Mormon. I am quite convinced that if their parents (my students are almost all in elementary school) discover that I'm an atheist, many, maybe even all of them, would find a different chess coach. My atheism could cost me a lot of business in my evening job. So I keep it to myself. None of them have specifically told me they chose me because we have the same faith (we don't), but nevertheless I conceal my faith to keep my clients because NOT having the same faith would be bad for business.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
28-02-2013, 04:13 PM
I seem to repeat this particular lesson around here a lot.

A little manipulation of other peoples foolishness goes a long way. there's no harm in keeping the person happy with a false display of faith when you benefit from it.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
28-02-2013, 07:56 PM
(28-02-2013 04:13 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I seem to repeat this particular lesson around here a lot.

A little manipulation of other peoples foolishness goes a long way. there's no harm in keeping the person happy with a false display of faith when you benefit from it.

HamataMachiavellian. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
01-03-2013, 03:51 PM

Absolutely. I would never lay out a large amount of money to a company if I thought the owner or major players were atheists. It just wouldn't happen. I might get ripped off either way, especially with HVAC, but there's no way I'm going to knowingly give my money to a contractor I know is an atheist when there is another contractor who at least believes in Jesus Christ (even if they aren't a Veridican). I think that would be a sin, actually.

I could just see me on Judgment Day trying to defend that: "Well, the atheist had a lower price, Lord." I don't think so.

Welcome to Life 101.
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
(01-03-2013 03:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  Absolutely. I would never lay out a large amount of money to a company if I thought the owner or major players were atheists. It just wouldn't happen. I might get ripped off either way, especially with HVAC, but there's no way I'm going to knowingly give my money to a contractor I know is an atheist when there is another contractor who at least believes in Jesus Christ (even if they aren't a Veridican). I think that would be a sin, actually.

I could just see me on Judgment Day trying to defend that: "Well, the atheist had a lower price, Lord." I don't think so.

Welcome to Life 101.
Really?

That's what god will judge you on? Whether you were enough of a bigot?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post