'Christianity will collapse...'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2012, 03:56 PM
'Christianity will collapse...'
... says Iran.

They've said that a new discovery will result in the collapse of Christianity and prove that Islam is the one and only true religion.

Quote:Iran’s Basji Press is claiming a purported Gospel of Barnabas, discovered in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion, causing the collapse worldwide of Christianity.

Turkey confiscated the text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation. Turkish authorities believe it could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas by the apostle known for his travels with the apostle Paul.
Basij Press contends the text was written in the 5th or 6th century and predicts the coming of Muhammad and the religion of Islam.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.

You can read the rest here.

What do you think? I think it's a really strong claim to say that one discovery would result in the collapse of the biggest religion in the world. Christianiry, Islam, Judaism and some others will most likely keep on going for quite a while. Even if Jesus came back and told Christians to stop being Christians they'd think he's delusional. But that's off topic. Even if this is true, will it aid the growth of Islam or just hinder Christianity, or do nothing at all?

Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

Enlightenment is liberating.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2012, 04:07 PM
RE: 'Christianity will collapse...'
I think that no one can know for sure what the future will bring. It is all speculation.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
26-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I know what the future will bring... it shall bring a delicious sandwich to my belly!

Whoa! Holy shit, I just made a sandwich! I would be honoured if you all started to praise me as your god now... cheers.

[Image: opforum1.png]
26-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I would speculate that there will be no change. Muslims will look at it as proof of their god, just like they look at the Quran. Christians will deny it's validity, just like they deny anything else that contradicts the bible.

Business as usual.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
26-05-2012, 05:56 PM
(26-05-2012 03:56 PM)ALovelyChickenMan Wrote:  What do you think? I think it's a really strong claim to say that one discovery would result in the collapse of the biggest religion in the world. Christianiry, Islam, Judaism and some others will most likely keep on going for quite a while. Even if Jesus came back and told Christians to stop being Christians they'd think he's delusional. But that's off topic. Even if this is true, will it aid the growth of Islam or just hinder Christianity, or do nothing at all?

Nothing at all I´d wager. As always you can interpret away the stuff you don´t like.

Normally Iran´s claims and predictions, about most things they associate with Western civilisation, are 99% wishful thinking and 1% grounded in reality... Interesting find thoughSmile
26-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Iran? Dodgy

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
27-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Seriously though, what does this imply if it's true?
27-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Finding a text that predicts a prophet will show up pretty much means you found any religious text from any religion there ever was.

If in fact Jesus even existed, by the time he showed up the Jews had been conquered in both their kingdoms. They were practically looking under their mattresses for a messiah by that point. Any nitwit with decent PR skills could take the job by that point.

Same goes for this text. Okay lets say it passes providence through analysis. Let's say it predicts some sort of prophet. So what? That doesn't mean Mohammed actually was a prophet, just that he decided to call himself that.
27-05-2012, 07:48 AM
This is hilarious.

I'm reading this article and all I can do is laugh.
"The world is ending!!!!!!!!!" is all I'm reading...

Muslim countries are so out of touch with the realities of Christian countries it is unbelievable.
Like they actually think that this will effect shit on a global world political scale. Hilarious!

Quote: “The Iranian regime is committed to stamping out Christianity by any
means necessary, whether that means executing Christian converts,
burning Bibles or raiding underground churches,” he explained.
This is so crusades period Europe... Except in the middle east today..
Like seriously, this is middle age European politics in action! except today. Kinda exciting actually I may just have to follow this story. I had no idea Iran was so... so... theist.

Quote: “In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty Allah,
the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated.
Allah’s promise will be delivered and Islam will be victorious.”
I wonder about Christians in other countries? or is it just American Christians?

I got a couple things for you Iran.
1) If things like the world being round, the world being 4billion (not 4000) years old, dinosaurs, the moon is shit loads closer then the sun etc.. etc.. etc.. wont prove Christians wrong (in their minds), a possible book produced by Iran has zero, Z.E.R.O. chance of toppling Christianity.
2) Nobody cares about your book.
3) People will think it's fake. And it most likely is.
4) Lol Iran.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
27-05-2012, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2012 06:21 PM by Atothetheist.)
On the very same site you linked us to, another article seemingly exposes the Gispel as a fake, made by the Muslims in Spain. I wish I could link it to you right now, but I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/barnabas-gosp...istianity/

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.