Christianity would die without Islam.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Christianity would die without Islam.
(15-10-2012 05:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yahweh was the Hebrew god of the armies.
Muhammad : Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim (c. 570 – c. 8 June 632)

Oops.

My sister teaches one class to her kids in Logic. She said to be on the look-out for a "Post hoc ergo propter hoc".
Thanks Tongue

True but there was always an Eastern pressure that turned into Islam later when those barbarians stopped their Westward push.

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2012, 12:43 PM
(15-10-2012 07:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Answer: No.

To what?
There are more than one issue and a no to all would be a contradiction.

Then again, you do not sound too bright so I don't really want to know.
You are an exemption from the stats that show non-believers being brighter than believers.

Regards
DL
16-10-2012, 12:44 PM
(15-10-2012 07:51 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If chritianity had 0 threats it would still exist as a means to answer things. From natural disasters to why people survive cancer.

Until science closes all the gaps god will be an idea to do so.

FMPOV, science already has. Anything worth asking in any case.

Regards
DL
[+] 1 user Likes Greatest I am's post
16-10-2012, 12:53 PM
(15-10-2012 09:01 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Not only do I disagree, I think you have it backwards. And here's why:

1. Christianity was at war with itself only a hundred of so years ago. It's VERY recently that various Christian dominations came together and became this nebulous "Christianity" that we use today. John Kennedy was demagogued for being a Catholic in a highly Protestant nation not so long ago.

2. Are you aware that the Crusades were waged against the Christian Orthodoxy also? Not only Eastern Europe, by Byzantium itself. If by some odd quark of history that Islam never arose in the middle east, and no other religion or philosophy took hold, "Christianity" would have even a larger schism, which means more fanaticism because they won't be "musing" over far off "Muslims" but dealing with neighbours, and countries right next door.

Christianity would be a WHOLE LOT MORE ALIVE AND VICIOUS if it didn't have an "other".

Yes I am aware that there has been religious infighting. Mostly for demographic and political reasons. It was rather hard to divide politics from religion back then.

Christians came together! Seriously?

Count the number of cults. Even as we speak, the Christian house is collapsing and fracturing off as some give women and Gays equality that the right wing will not. The right is moving so far to the right that the old right is moving left out of shame. It is almost as if the right has been infiltrated be left friendly flag operatives.

Regards
DL
17-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Cool, someone else has had the same idea! They are two symbiotic organisms, Islam and Christianity. I'm not sure if its true or not, but I agree to the extent that during their growth through the middle ages they needed each other to be the enemy. An enemy gives a common purpose and allows those in charge to grab power.

You write too much in one post though. No one wants to read all that, and it makes you sound like a crackpot.
17-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Christianity would die without Islam.
(16-10-2012 12:43 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 07:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Answer: No.

To what?
There are more than one issue and a no to all would be a contradiction.

Then again, you do not sound too bright so I don't really want to know.
You are an exemption from the stats that show non-believers being brighter than believers.

Regards
DL

I'm bright enough to know your hypothetical situation is bullshit.
Retards
DL

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
17-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Next time post I hate islam and I dont like christians neither.

Dont bother, trying to cite facts and stuff, then we can quietly wonder if you have a clue to what your talking about as opposed to knowing you don't.

And to take a leaf from Ex's book; No, just flat out no, to you, to your points and assuredly to the idea that Constantine the Great set up Christianity to counter Islam.

Oh yeah, you also forgot to blame the Jews.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
17-10-2012, 02:59 PM
(17-10-2012 09:28 AM)Funtheist Wrote:  Cool, someone else has had the same idea! They are two symbiotic organisms, Islam and Christianity. I'm not sure if its true or not, but I agree to the extent that during their growth through the middle ages they needed each other to be the enemy. An enemy gives a common purpose and allows those in charge to grab power.

You write too much in one post though. No one wants to read all that, and it makes you sound like a crackpot.

I am a poor communicator for sure but have yet to find anyone who wants to ghost write for me. Do I see a volunteer?

I have one buddy who is helping me do a blog showing that religion was basically created for sexual reasons and that the first prostitute was a male priest and only late that women got involved but that type of collaboration is proving to be slow.

My only saving grace is that I can speak and write poorly in 3 languages.

Regards
DL