Christians Against Dinosaurs gets schooled by Aaron Ra

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: Christians Against Dinosaurs gets schooled by Aaron Ra
(04-03-2015 02:54 AM)uncertaintist Wrote:  CAD ministry is a hoax. Here's some shopped stuff from an early CAD spokesperson's Photobucket, placed in context of last October's Michele Bachmann caper.

https://uncertaintist.wordpress.com/2015...is-a-hoax/

In an update running with that story, the original (unshopped) version of the "dinosaur protest" photo that the CAD "minsitry" uses has also been located and verified. It was taken at a local-issue protest in Cornwall on February 5, 2011, and has been featured on the protesters' Facebook page all along.

The crowd funding site used by the "ministry," Indiegogo, has been alerted

The object of the satire was "a plague on both your houses," that is, both Fundamentalists and also those who would view such foolishness with alarm, an inviting target group, which some hasty reactions to the Bachmann meme showed lies close to the surface.
Then someone claiming to speak for CAD appears in the comment section of that article and vociferously denied they were a fake group.
Stop the interwebz, I want to exit the crazy train...

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-03-2015, 08:42 AM
(02-03-2015 09:18 PM)cactus Wrote:  Yeah, but was it a full dinosaur?
....Yeah, but was it a FULL dinosaur?
....Yeah, but was it a "FULL" dinosaur?
....That wasn't a full dinosaur, that was just bones.
...They found bones
...could have been forgeries
...Nope, just bones

WTF? Is this girl even listening to herself when she talks, or has she somehow convinced herself that saying something with a flippant attitude is all it takes to form a cohesive argument?

I'd throw it back to her when she talks about the Bible. That whole "were you there?" thing cuts both ways.

Yeah, but was it a full dinosaur account of history?
....Yeah, but was it a FULL dinosaur account of history?
....Yeah, but was it a "FULL" dinosaur account of history?
....That wasn't a full dinosaur, that was just bones cherry picked accounts.
...They found bones cherry picked accounts
...could have been forgeries
...Nope, just bones cherry picked accounts

I mean, if you're going to write off any evidence you don't like, the Bible is a great candidate for that.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
04-03-2015, 05:47 PM
(04-03-2015 07:37 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  So she WAS a poe? Color me wrong then. I really thought she was just a typical Christian who found something different to which she could cling.

There are some very good amareur actors and actresses out there. Karen's one of them. She studied her character, and she gave a convncing performance, even with a tough interviewer.

If only her co-conspirators knew how to set up a Photobucket, and hadn't Photoshopped that demonstration, ...
[+] 1 user Likes uncertaintist's post
04-03-2015, 06:33 PM
I just watched the whole thing....the stupid level is astounding, how does she manage to get through a single day without like eating gasoline or trying to clean a loaded gun while peeking down the barrel? She is astronomically ignorant...to think that people in 2015 can be this ignorant, AND work in the education field just makes me sick. Please tell me she isn't a parent, although I think she is...now THAT is child abuse.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-03-2015, 06:48 PM
(04-03-2015 02:54 AM)uncertaintist Wrote:  CAD ministry is a hoax. Here's some shopped stuff from an early CAD spokesperson's Photobucket, placed in context of last October's Michele Bachmann caper.

https://uncertaintist.wordpress.com/2015...is-a-hoax/

In an update running with that story, the original (unshopped) version of the "dinosaur protest" photo that the CAD "minsitry" uses has also been located and verified. It was taken at a local-issue protest in Cornwall on February 5, 2011, and has been featured on the protesters' Facebook page all along.

The crowd funding site used by the "ministry," Indiegogo, has been alerted

The object of the satire was "a plague on both your houses," that is, both Fundamentalists and also those who would view such foolishness with alarm, an inviting target group, which some hasty reactions to the Bachmann meme showed lies close to the surface.

That page has this great meme

[Image: from-pbucket-01.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
05-03-2015, 04:48 AM
(04-03-2015 06:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  That page has this great meme

Credit to one of the hoaxers, it was on his bucket. Apologies also to Kristen, I typoed her name in my last post.

Meanwhile, Indiegogo is reviewing the Christians against Dinosaurs campaign, but if the site takes any action, it will not share that it did. The freshly updated story is at

https://uncertaintist.wordpress.com/2015...indiegogo/
[+] 1 user Likes uncertaintist's post
05-03-2015, 02:46 PM
(02-03-2015 11:28 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  The one that Irks me the most is

Christian: Have you ever witnissed or has anyone witnissed one type of animal, turning into another type of animal?

Us: no!

Christian: Checkmate atheists! Bible wins....nananananannaaaaa!

I hate that line of thinking. It is so irritating.

Same here. If you follow up with a polite question for them to give a basic synopsis of what evolution is and what it says, they say basically the same thing or take offense. Then if you can't explain the subject in 2 or 3 sentences than it is nonsense, like you can really explain the concept that fills entire textbooks in under a minute. It is so frustrating.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
08-03-2015, 01:44 PM
(02-03-2015 04:28 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This is a great video, watch as Aaron totally pwns her and she leaves towards the end.

I actually watched the whole silly thing. The girl was so cute, I didn't really care what nonsense she believed in. I tried to imagine how she would look in a bikini or what it would be like to take her on a date to a private beach party. The intelligent old guy reminded me of an ex-caste member from the "Night of the Living Dead" Maybe I have ADHD, but I couldn't maintain focus on the debate.
[+] 1 user Likes Transfinite's post
12-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Man, I watched the whole thing, and that was awesome. I'll definitely be watching more of his videos. I know from personal experience that these people actually exist and actually don't believe in dinasaurs. When my wife and I were still only dating, she was still agnostic, as her parents used to be crazy baptists, and are now what I call "hipster-Christians". All they do is gush about gods endless love, blah, blah, blah, while never acknowledging the problem of evil. Well, little by little, she and I would go deeper and deeper in our conversations, and at one point we came to the topic of dinosaurs, and she admits to me that "she's not sure that she believes in dinosaurs". I thought it was a joke, and started laughing hysterically, which I feel bad about now, because she was pretty upset that I just laughed at her for her beliefs (I say HER beliefs, but they were HER PARENTS beliefs that she was indoctrinated into). I still didn't quite believe her, that they denied the fact that dinosaurs were real and predates humans by many millions of years. Inevitably, I heard the words straight from her parents' mouths not long after. I was baffled, because despite growing up in a Nazarene-based school, I had never encountered such people. I'm happy to say that my wife is now very much an atheist, as well as my sister-in-law and her husband. Her parents have even come along way since then, but are still hipster-Christians, unfortunately (and much to my annoyance). Cheers to triumph over cognitive dissonance! Wink
[+] 1 user Likes EppurSiMuove's post
12-06-2015, 03:25 PM
(08-03-2015 01:44 PM)Transfinite Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 04:28 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This is a great video, watch as Aaron totally pwns her and she leaves towards the end.

I actually watched the whole silly thing. The girl was so cute, I didn't really care what nonsense she believed in. I tried to imagine how she would look in a bikini or what it would be like to take her on a date to a private beach party. The intelligent old guy reminded me of an ex-caste member from the "Night of the Living Dead" Maybe I have ADHD, but I couldn't maintain focus on the debate.

Just think, everytime she has sex her IQ doubles....but only temporarily....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)