Christians Against Sex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Christians Against Sex
I have a good friend, she's great and all but at times he likes to RP some sex scenes with other friends. I have nothing against it, I know people who have done worse.

However, she is strongly Christian. And when i questioned her about it. Her whole idea about sex is it for 'intimacy' and not 'pleasure'.

She's thinking about how Modern Society is all about sex and drinking for pleasure and taking away from family and spirituality.

Yet, with what she likes to write and read... I honestly didn't know how to response to her other then.

'I think sex and drinking is for pleasure, only in moderation. Too much one a good thing can be bad'

Any thoughts on this?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
02-03-2017, 01:09 AM
RE: Christians Against Sex
"he likes to RP some sex scenes with other friends." RP? Consider
Run past?
Role play?
Repost?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-03-2017, 01:18 AM
So she doesn't appear to be consistent in her professed belief and her actions.

Isn't that par for the course? Especially so with moralizing Christians?

I mean, everyone has some amount of incongruity. We may say or think one way, but act another in the moment. The true test of character is how one reacts to being made aware of such incongruity. Do they take the criticism honestly? Do try their best to rationalize it? Do they ignore or deny it? Perhaps they argue back, providing crucial context you were not aware of?

I think many of us would agree that becoming nonreligious is a much more constructive harmonization of homosexuality and fundamentalist religion, rather than becoming a closeted hate pastor. It's how one deals with the incongruity that matters.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-03-2017, 01:22 AM
Sex is awesome and any cult that says I can't have it can go fuck themselves Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 10 users Like morondog's post
02-03-2017, 01:22 AM
(01-03-2017 09:51 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Yet, with what she likes to write and read... I honestly didn't know how to response to her other then.

'I think sex and drinking is for pleasure, only in moderation. Too much one a good thing can be bad'

Any thoughts on this?

To an atheist, sex (intercourse?) and drinking are regarded with the same ethical and/or moral judgment values as theists. Atheists aren't a contiguous group of people with identical opinions about something—which again is the same with theists. We're all of us individuals.

I'm not sure as to why exactly you feel you have to respond? Don't overthink it, and be happy to let her do as she pleases—it's her life after all. (I assume she's not harming you by her behaviour?)

And you do say you "have nothing against it" so what's the problem?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
02-03-2017, 01:24 AM
So she is special snowflake in terrible, corrupt society that only care for booze and sex? If so then there isn't much that can be done for her.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
02-03-2017, 08:11 AM
I do think too much of something (anything) can be bad if it becomes an addiction. That said, Christians are taught enjoying sex is wrong, masturbation is wrong, Jesus is watching you, your private parts and enjoying them are of the devil. It's Brainwashing 101.

As a former Christian, I always felt guilty about having sex--even though I was in a committed long-term rship with my bf. I thought God's warming a special place in hell for me because we're fucking and not married. It's such a screwed up way of thinking. Religion fucks with so many people's outlooks on things. They aren't thinking for themselves and the sad thing is, many of them don't even realize it.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
02-03-2017, 08:47 AM
(02-03-2017 01:09 AM)kim Wrote:  "he likes to RP some sex scenes with other friends." RP? Consider
Run past?
Role play?
Repost?

Ok, just to make myself as clear as I possibly can ...

I have no idea at all what RP means so, I am unable to respond to the original post.

Will someone please explain these two letters used in this context? Thanks. Blink

Looks like it has something to do with sex - so, let's get it on! Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-03-2017, 08:59 AM
(01-03-2017 09:51 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I have a good friend, she's great and all but at times he likes to RP some sex scenes with other friends. I have nothing against it, I know people who have done worse.

However, she is strongly Christian. And when i questioned her about it. Her whole idea about sex is it for 'intimacy' and not 'pleasure'.

She's thinking about how Modern Society is all about sex and drinking for pleasure and taking away from family and spirituality.

Yet, with what she likes to write and read... I honestly didn't know how to response to her other then.

Any thoughts on this?

I feel sorry for her and her husband if she ever gets married. Sex is a profound value.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
02-03-2017, 09:04 AM
(02-03-2017 08:47 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 01:09 AM)kim Wrote:  "he likes to RP some sex scenes with other friends." RP? Consider
Run past?
Role play?
Repost?

Ok, just to make myself as clear as I possibly can ...

I have no idea at all what RP means so, I am unable to respond to the original post.

Will someone please explain these two letters used in this context? Thanks. Blink

Looks like it has something to do with sex - so, let's get it on! Shy

I can only think it means role play. Sounds good to me Big Grin

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post