Christians Against Sex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Christians Against Sex
True Scotsman, I regret that I have only one "like" to give to post #40.

You'll have to settle for an Internet and a rep point instead. Bowing

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2017, 12:44 PM
(03-03-2017 12:28 PM)Astreja Wrote:  True Scotsman, I regret that I have only one "like" to give to post #40.

You'll have to settle for an Internet and a rep point instead. Bowing

Thank you.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2017, 08:31 AM
(02-03-2017 11:20 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Sex is only for married couples, with the lights turned off, in the missionary position.

Not even for purposes of enjoying it, but ONLY for creating children.

You live a sad, scared existence. All trolls do.
08-03-2017, 10:39 AM
I'd like to shift the focus more on to a very interesting thing she said... she claims that modern society is all about sex and drugs, and that this is because it is shifting away from family and spirituality. I'd like to focus on the second half of her claim, since it seems like she views those values as the better ones (at least that is how I understand her).

When she says "family", what does she mean? Judging by the fact that she seems to be a strong Christian, I am assuming she refers to the classical nuclear family.
The classical nuclear family is merely a device of preservation of the status quo. By forcing boys into certain jobs and forcing girls to become home moms, the nuclear family robs any freedom from the children. They grow up believing that they have very little choice and flexibility; that they're path is predestined. Of course, due to the very authoritarian education, the children never acquire the critical thinking skills necessary to realise what is happening. And of course, if they don't realise the flawed nature of the system, they will raise their children in the same manner; change will not occur.

Spirituality. What parts of society are typically spiritual? Spirituality usually appeals most to those in need of it, i.e. those who feel that they're life lacks something. In most cases, it this appeals to the lower classes of society.

For the spiritual, spirituality offers a haven of comfort, far away from the problems society imposes on him. The oppressed can forget their oppression at the thought of god, the exploited can forget the exploitation at the thought of a life after death.
At first, one might assume that this is a good thing, since it lifts some of the burden placed on the lower classes. But at the same time, it makes them more and more unaware of the problems of the real world. The point is not to forget the circumstances that brought one to spirituality, the point is to change those very circumstances that made spirituality even necessary.
Of course, if the circumstances are successfully changed, spirituality will disappear.
11-03-2017, 11:32 PM
I'm all in favor of sex positivity. I also think she's prolly being quite logically inconsistent,, but then I don't think I've ever met a logically consistent christian.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin