Christians Claim Big Bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 07:18 AM
RE: Christians Claim Big Bang
(23-03-2014 02:09 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 09:19 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Because it isn't evidence at all. People invented gods as well as churches. People established hospitals too. No god had anything to do with those.

Do you have some type of argument or evidence for these claims?

Pointing out your lack of evidence is not a claim, moron.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-03-2014, 07:24 AM
(23-03-2014 02:26 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 09:45 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yep.

Belief in something existing =/= that thing actually existing.

This is why nobody will debate Walker, if he's so ignorant as to fail to understand this, then there is nothing to be learned by engaging with him.

Existence is an ontological issue. I also know that belief in something does not equate with that thing's existence.

An atheist may believe that God does not exist but this does not mean that God does not exist.

If it is your view that churches are not evidence for God's involvement in the universe then this is a truth claim and needs to be evidenced by good argument.

You made the claim that <hospitals are proof of gawd Hobo>. YOU have the burden of proof.

23-03-2014, 07:26 AM
(23-03-2014 07:18 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 02:09 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Do you have some type of argument or evidence for these claims?

Pointing out your lack of evidence is not a claim, moron.
People invented gods as well as churches.

People established hospitals too.

No god had anything to do with those.

The three statements above are all truth claims i.e. the person making them wants them to be considered true.

The second one is true. The first and the third must be supported by some type of evidence or argument.

What argument could be given to show that God had nothing to do with the building of churches or that God is merely an invention of man?
23-03-2014, 07:28 AM
23-03-2014, 07:29 AM
(23-03-2014 07:24 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 02:26 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Existence is an ontological issue. I also know that belief in something does not equate with that thing's existence.

An atheist may believe that God does not exist but this does not mean that God does not exist.

If it is your view that churches are not evidence for God's involvement in the universe then this is a truth claim and needs to be evidenced by good argument.

You made the claim that <hospitals are proof of gawd Hobo>. YOU have the burden of proof.

I have made no such claim.
23-03-2014, 07:32 AM
(23-03-2014 07:26 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  What argument could be given to show that God had nothing to do with the building of churches or that God is merely an invention of man?

Oops. The correct phrasing for this question should be:

What proof can be given to show that God had anything to do with building churches or that God is not an invention of man?

See there Jeremy, the burden of proof always lies on the claimant, that would be you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-03-2014, 07:33 AM
(23-03-2014 02:12 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 07:05 PM)Charis Wrote:  mmmmm Taq's puttin' his back into it! Evil_monsterAngel

Taq, you should bring some of this heavy thrusting into the banter thread. Tongue

Or the boxing ring.

[Image: pigeon2.jpg]

23-03-2014, 07:40 AM
(23-03-2014 07:29 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 07:24 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You made the claim that <hospitals are proof of gawd Hobo>. YOU have the burden of proof.

I have made no such claim.

You made a claim disguised as a question. And I paraphrased.

(22-03-2014 07:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I simply asked why would the existence of churches and the hospitals established by them not be seen as evidence for God's involvement in the universe?

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-03-2014, 07:41 AM
(23-03-2014 06:59 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I actually was just asking a question. Claims that we make that we want others to accept as true are truth claims.

If someone says that the existence of churches is not evidence that God is involved in the world and they want me to accept that statement as a fact, then they have the burden of proof in substantiating that claim if I ask them to.

Switching the burden over to me is not answering the question. It is switching the burden over to me.

You know, just repeating the same stupid tripe over and over again doens't make it any more true... Facepalm

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-03-2014, 07:44 AM
(23-03-2014 02:29 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 02:28 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Jesus Merrygoround Christ.........

I am a skeptic. I like evidence, sound reason, and good argument to be presented to me when I have to assess truth claims.

If you are both a 'skeptic' and a 'thiest', then you really suck at one of those two things. Pick one.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post