Christians Claim Big Bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Christians Claim Big Bang
(21-03-2014 05:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Things creationist say prove creationism in the future:

Benefitial mutations

added information

dating methods

etc.Drinking Beverage

They have some strange ideas... All this talk about "adding information".

I remember seeing one creationist giving a perfect example of natural selection being observed in action, and then claimed it wasn't evolution because the animals in question hadn't gained "information".

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2014, 05:23 PM
(21-03-2014 05:09 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 05:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Things creationist say prove creationism in the future:

Benefitial mutations

added information

dating methods

etc.Drinking Beverage

dating methods Laugh out load

I thought they all went to ChristianMingle.com?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
21-03-2014, 05:39 PM
what's the best answer so far for why/how everything basically just... kinda came into being? I think I heard Christopher Hitchens briefly explain how this was possible, but I didn't quite get it at the time.
21-03-2014, 05:46 PM
(21-03-2014 05:09 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  

Benefitial mutations

added information

dating methods

etc.Drinking Beverage

dating methods Laugh out load

Im serious just you wait. I already say answers in genesis try to use it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
21-03-2014, 05:48 PM
I don't think AiG will. Their stance is very literal interpretation. They also understand that a Big Bang and subsequent evolution pretty much dismantles Christianity from the ground up.
21-03-2014, 05:52 PM
(21-03-2014 05:39 PM)Charis Wrote:  what's the best answer so far for why/how everything basically just... kinda came into being? I think I heard Christopher Hitchens briefly explain how this was possible, but I didn't quite get it at the time.

My understanding of it is that 'nothingness' from a scientific perspective just means that science doesn't have the answers yet, to what occured or existed pre-BB. For true ''nothingness'' to exist, there would have to be no particles, no laws of physics, no time, etc.

So, something had to exist. But, science hasn't defined/discovered it yet. That's my understanding of it.

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
21-03-2014, 05:55 PM
(21-03-2014 05:48 PM)Charis Wrote:  I don't think AiG will. Their stance is very literal interpretation. They also understand that a Big Bang and subsequent evolution pretty much dismantles Christianity from the ground up.

Well at best they use carbon dating.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
21-03-2014, 05:56 PM
From wikipedia that can be helpful:

Physics

In physics, the word nothing is not used in any technical sense. A region of space is called a vacuum if it does not contain any matter, though it can contain physical fields. In fact, it is practically impossible to construct a region of space that contains no matter or fields, since gravity cannot be blocked and all objects at a non-zero temperature radiate electromagnetically. However, even if such a region existed, it could still not be referred to as "nothing", since it has properties and a measurable existence as part of the quantum-mechanical vacuum. Where there is supposedly empty space there are constant quantum fluctuations with virtual particles continually popping into and out of existence. It had long been theorized that space is distinct from a void of nothingness in that space consists of some kind of aether, with luminiferous aether postulated as the transmission medium for propagating light waves (whose existence has been disproven in the now famous Michelson-Morley experiment).

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
21-03-2014, 06:00 PM
(21-03-2014 03:48 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Well, that settles it then... God's total involvement in the universe lasted less than 1 trillionth of a second.

Looks like we're on our own... Time to knock down those churches and use the bricks to build hospitals.

It is interesting that you mention churches and hospitals in the same sentence...

Quite ironic actually...
21-03-2014, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014 06:11 PM by DLJ.)
(21-03-2014 05:39 PM)Charis Wrote:  what's the best answer so far for why/how everything basically just... kinda came into being? I think I heard Christopher Hitchens briefly explain how this was possible, but I didn't quite get it at the time.

Best? Consider

Godidit Thumbsup

Well, that's maybe not the 'best' explanation but it's the easiest one and requires no more annoying and stressful thought.

(21-03-2014 12:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  From the article:

Quote:Atheist-turned-agnostic astronomer Fred Hoyle, who coined the term “Big Bang,” famously stated, “A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics."

As Hoyle saw it, the Big Bang was not a chaotic explosion, but rather a very highly ordered event – one that could not have occurred by random chance

I stopped reading after this...

Me too.

I just skipped to the end to see how the writer moved from the deist position (god as fuse-lighter) to the Judeo-Christian proof she alluded to at the start.

I still see no evidence for any interventionist-god(s).

If such a thing did exist, it completely invalidates the recent scientific research.

So if she (the author) accepts the new evidence as untampered-with-by-gods she makes a case for deism over theism.

Cool