Christians Claim Big Bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: Christians Claim Big Bang
(21-03-2014 06:00 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 03:48 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Well, that settles it then... God's total involvement in the universe lasted less than 1 trillionth of a second.

Looks like we're on our own... Time to knock down those churches and use the bricks to build hospitals.

It is interesting that you mention churches and hospitals in the same sentence...

Quite ironic actually...

Yup, shoulda been mosques and hospitals. More work for the hospitals from the mosque-fodder than the church-fodder (with obvious exceptions like Uganda).

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I could understand Deist, but Christianity gets so specific (and so specifically incorrect) that it rules itself out in light of the apparent evidence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
21-03-2014, 06:38 PM
(21-03-2014 06:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 06:00 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  It is interesting that you mention churches and hospitals in the same sentence...

Quite ironic actually...

Yup, shoulda been mosques and hospitals. More work for the hospitals from the mosque-fodder than the church-fodder (with obvious exceptions like Uganda).

Are you familiar with the historical correlation between churches and hospitals?

That is what I was referring to.
21-03-2014, 06:44 PM
(21-03-2014 04:15 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 03:48 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Well, that settles it then... God's total involvement in the universe lasted less than 1 trillionth of a second.

Looks like we're on our own... Time to knock down those churches and use the bricks to build hospitals.

Or even better, we could sell the bricks and give the money to the poor.

Whatever... As long as they're used for someone who actually exists.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
21-03-2014, 06:48 PM
(21-03-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 06:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup, shoulda been mosques and hospitals. More work for the hospitals from the mosque-fodder than the church-fodder (with obvious exceptions like Uganda).

Are you familiar with the historical correlation between churches and hospitals?

Yes but what was called a "hospital" in the middle ages was more of a motel for pilgrims... Which is why its called a hospital.

Medicine has moved on a long way since the time when churches would take in the sick... Now they're just wasted buildings. Better to knock 'em down, or convert them into brothels.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
21-03-2014, 06:48 PM
(21-03-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 06:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup, shoulda been mosques and hospitals. More work for the hospitals from the mosque-fodder than the church-fodder (with obvious exceptions like Uganda).

No. 'Cause I'm only 5 years old.

I also understand that both empathy and incident resolution are important when people require help.

But it's irrelevant to Sam's point.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-03-2014, 08:34 PM

You mean hospitals like various religions have built? When has a community of atheists ever built a hospital anyways?
21-03-2014, 08:40 PM
(21-03-2014 08:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

You mean hospitals like various religions have built? When has a community of atheists ever built a hospital anyways?

Well there is japan which is mostly atheist, and china, and every other mostly atheist country. Damn man think.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
21-03-2014, 08:43 PM
(21-03-2014 08:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

You're comparing an organized religious group with a tax-free tithe-based wealth built up over hundreds of years to the secular individuals who have still built plenty of hospitals, including the first ones in the US?

http://www.rationalresponders.com/how_ma...ists_built

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
21-03-2014, 09:04 PM
(21-03-2014 06:48 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Are you familiar with the historical correlation between churches and hospitals?

Yes but what was called a "hospital" in the middle ages was more of a motel for pilgrims... Which is why its called a hospital.

Medicine has moved on a long way since the time when churches would take in the sick... Now they're just wasted buildings. Better to knock 'em down, or convert them into brothels.

You stated with regards to the assertion that God caused the Big Bang that, "God's total involvement in the universe lasted less than 1 trillionth of a second..."

Why would not the existence of churches, and the hospitals that were established by churches be evidence that your statement regarding God's involvement in the universe is false?

(21-03-2014 06:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Are you familiar with the historical correlation between churches and hospitals?

No. 'Cause I'm only 5 years old.

I also understand that both empathy and incident resolution are important when people require help.

But it's irrelevant to Sam's point.

Why would what I just wrote above in response to Paranoidsam's reply not be relevant to his point?