Christians Claim Big Bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 09:06 PM
RE: Christians Claim Big Bang
(21-03-2014 08:40 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 08:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You mean hospitals like various religions have built? When has a community of atheists ever built a hospital anyways?

Well there is japan which is mostly atheist, and china, and every other mostly atheist country. Damn man think.

I'm not talking about a state. A state builds all kinds of things for the good of the people. I'm talking about a community of atheists....like this one. For me there are 3 hospitals within a 25 minute drive that were built by religious communities. 0 hospitals which were built by thethinkingatheists...or any other organization selling atheism. You guys are a lotta talk but not much action.

Wouldn't the server running this site would be better off as a bit coin mining rig to fund a new wing on a hospital?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2014, 09:20 PM
(21-03-2014 09:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 08:40 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well there is japan which is mostly atheist, and china, and every other mostly atheist country. Damn man think.

I'm not talking about a state. A state builds all kinds of things for the good of the people. I'm talking about a community of atheists....like this one. For me there are 3 hospitals within a 25 minute drive that were built by religious communities. 0 hospitals which were built by thethinkingatheists...or any other organization selling atheism. You guys are a lotta talk but not much action.

Wouldn't the server running this site would be better off as a bit coin mining rig to fund a new wing on a hospital?

Then where would you go to cry about being oppressed and harassed?

How many websites have you started to fund building a new hospital wing? How much have your own time have you actually donated to anything worthwhile?

PS: Your bitcoin mining rig idea is idiotic.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_rig

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
21-03-2014, 09:23 PM
(21-03-2014 09:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 08:40 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Well there is japan which is mostly atheist, and china, and every other mostly atheist country. Damn man think.

Really? For me, there are a couple dozen hospitals within 75 miles. Not a single one is religion related. Even the ones with quasi-religious names are now for profit hospitals.

So, do your religious communities offer free health care? Or do they charge for their services? Seems it should be free, since they collect all that money on Sundays to "help others." Is that how your hospitals work?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
21-03-2014, 09:30 PM
(21-03-2014 09:20 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  How many websites have you started to fund building a new hospital wing? How much have your own time have you actually donated to anything worthwhile?

You've shifted the goal posts(which is a sign you lost the argument) from communities to the individual.
21-03-2014, 09:32 PM

If were going to credit atheism with building these hospitals then its only fair to credit atheism with the genocides these states have committed.
21-03-2014, 09:42 PM
(21-03-2014 06:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 06:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yup, shoulda been mosques and hospitals. More work for the hospitals from the mosque-fodder than the church-fodder (with obvious exceptions like Uganda).

Are you familiar with the historical correlation between churches and hospitals?

That is what I was referring to.

You mean the fact that religions exploit hospitals as opportunities to spread their brain-disease bullshit to captive audiences who are at vulnerable points in their lives.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
21-03-2014, 09:46 PM
(21-03-2014 08:34 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 03:48 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Well, that settles it then... God's total involvement in the universe lasted less than 1 trillionth of a second.

Looks like we're on our own... Time to knock down those churches and use the bricks to build hospitals.

You mean hospitals like various religions have built?
....in order to proselytize to people who can't go anywhere and are at their most vulnerable. Fucking despicable.

21-03-2014, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014 10:07 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(21-03-2014 09:04 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why would not the existence of churches, and the hospitals that were established by churches be evidence that your statement regarding God's involvement in the universe is false?

[Image: colin-farrell.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
21-03-2014, 10:00 PM
(21-03-2014 09:23 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Really? For me, there are a couple dozen hospitals within 75 miles. Not a single one is religion related. Even the ones with quasi-religious names are now for profit hospitals.

So, do your religious communities offer free health care? Or do they charge for their services? Seems it should be free, since they collect all that money on Sundays to "help others." Is that how your hospitals work?

St Jude's Children's hospital never sends a bill to the patients.

Any atheists hospitals like that?....no....because there aren't any hospitals built by atheist communities.
21-03-2014, 10:04 PM
(21-03-2014 09:32 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

If were going to credit atheism with building these hospitals then its only fair to credit atheism with the genocides these states have committed.

Right, because your ridiculous statements are deserving of a special handicap. What we could do is add up the total genocides and atrocities religion is responsible for, and compare those to secular genocides and atrocities.

But I suppose you're only willing to attribute things to religion that "support" your "point".

Also noticed you completely ignored the first hospital established in the US was secular, as many of them are.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes