Poll: Why do people focus so much on "God" when there's more reason to believe he isn't there?
People are insane
People need something to blame their life on
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Christians Frustrate Me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 02:40 AM
Sad Christians Frustrate Me
Hey. I'm Micky. I'm new to this site and I thought it'd be cool. So basically, I've come to the realization that Christianity is just a giant hypocrisy. I go to school with a bunch of Christians that say "God" gave us free will and we are able to make our own choices. But the second I start an intellectual discussion with a friend about why I think that religion is a farce along with "God" and I try to pose new theories, these "Good Christian People," jump down my throat and tell me I'm going to hell and that they'll be praying for me and all this crap and it pisses me off because they use incredibly horrible language and I ask them, "If God gave me free will, then why am I going to hell for having my own opinion." Then they get all red in the face and walk away.They never have a way to back up their argument because they know they're totally wrong. But another thing I can't understand is how people can believe in something that there is no actual proof of! We have proof of evolution and all this and that, but it is disregarded. One thing I hate that Christian's say though, "God has a plan," Oh bite me!Angry I have absolutely no belief in fate or destiny or any of that crap. I say we make our own future. I just wish I could understand how people could have faith in a supposed higher being and say that he "loves us" when the world is a total mess. If someone could explain this, that would be fabulous! Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Rebelgirl021's post
08-06-2013, 03:20 AM
RE: Christians Frustrate Me
People are crazy... that's all. There's no real explanation, other than that as not-very-highly evolved monkeys we're stuck with brains which don't operate very logically. Sucks that you're getting preached at...
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
08-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the TTA!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

08-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Welcome aboard.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
08-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Pffft ... they got no prayer at frustrating Girly. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-06-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 01:23 AM by wisergeek.)
I agree. Here is a great quote from Rabbi Rami Sapiro: "People need the suffering of others to feel OK about themselves. Thats a very low level of functioning of humans. Religion caters to that and it drives me crazy." He has a blog and at least one post on the exminister web page.

Greetings carbon-based bipeds. - Arthur Clarke
The stars died so you could be here today. - Lawrence Krauss
Mathematics is the language of nature. - Lawrence Krauss
I care to live only to entice people to look at Nature's loveliness. - John Muir
[+] 1 user Likes wisergeek's post
08-06-2013, 11:05 PM
People, in general, prefer comforting lies over harsh realities.

Oh, and welcome.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
09-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Hi Smile
You know how some people would give up many of their freedoms in exchange for security? At some level, I think it's like that. They'll believe anything so long as they get a life after death! Or even some will label every other bit of non-sense in their holy books/religious teachings as simply good morals to live by, but keep the "I get to see grandpa again when I die" belief. Unfortunately science hasn't brought back to life someone who's been dead, but preserved, for ages yet (or at least that I've heard) so they could relate their "experience". Until then, all they've got to say is "proove life after death does not exist". If you can't, they keep on believing and praying for you Undecided

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
09-06-2013, 12:24 PM
(08-06-2013 11:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Welcome to the TTA!

Thank you. Smile
09-06-2013, 12:30 PM
(08-06-2013 11:01 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome aboard.

Thank you. Smile