Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions
(13-02-2017 01:26 PM)mordant Wrote:  Pro-lifers, for the most part, are merely pro-fetus. ...

Has someone posted this yet? Someone's gotta have already posted this.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-02-2017, 01:36 PM
(13-02-2017 01:26 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 01:10 PM)Alla Wrote:  This is how I understand pro-lifers. They believe that killing innocent and those who can not defend themselves is immoral and most importantly it is pure evil.
That is true so far as it goes, but incomplete.

Pro-lifers, for the most part, are merely pro-fetus. They want that fetus to be born, but they generally have no interest in insuring that society cares for this unwanted child, or pays the mother's medical (or funeral) bills for having it, and they are entirely unconcerned about the mother's OTHER or potential future children and their welfare. And they are certainly devoid of concern for the mother's welfare, since in their minds the rights of a fetus trumps her rights every time.

Yet strangely, once that fetus is a human, instantly there is great angst that this child is learning to be lazy and indolent if it gets free nutritious school lunches, or promiscuous if it gets sex education and contraceptives, and it's eager to judge them and rain down retribution on them if they are in any way a miscreant by reason of structural poverty and/or racism, which they generally deny even exist. And pro-lifers are certainly not going to make sure the child grows up in a clean sustainable environment, has access to quality healthcare and education as a right rather than a privilege, etc. Because those things require the cooperation of society as a whole, and that's guv-mint, and we can't have that because ... I don't know, because Jesus or something.

Nah, for the most part, pro-life rhetoric is just that: rhetoric. It is defending a very narrow aspect of life in a very particular situation, while being controlling, authoritarian and mean-spirited in a variety of other aspects and situations. It is elevating a theological shibboleth over humanity and compassion and at the expense of human rights.
I don't defend pro-life activists. I even disagree with them on some things.
I am not pro life activist.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
13-02-2017, 02:23 PM
(13-02-2017 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't defend pro-life activists. I even disagree with them on some things.
I am not pro life activist.
I did not assert that you were a pro-life "activist". Or even that you were pro-life. I just pointed out that most pro-life people are not even remotely deserving of the label.

If you are, then more power to you. Although I would be curious as to how that actually works in practice. Do you love born babies as much as unborn ones? If so, how do you affirm the life of born babies? Because for me to even begin to respect your love of the unborn, I need to see how it extends to the born. Otherwise I have to call hypocrisy on it, I'm afraid. Or at least bullshit.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
13-02-2017, 02:29 PM
(13-02-2017 01:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 01:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  No one is forcing you to have an abortion. If you don't like abortion, then don't have one. But don't tell me what I can and cannot do with my body.

Unborn boy or unborn girl is not your body.

A bundle of cells is not a person, therefore it is not an "Unborn boy or unborn girl".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-02-2017, 02:34 PM
(13-02-2017 01:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 01:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  No one is forcing you to have an abortion. If you don't like abortion, then don't have one. But don't tell me what I can and cannot do with my body.

Unborn boy or unborn girl is not your body.

A clump of cells is no more a baby than a mole is, and I've had moles removed.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-02-2017, 04:15 PM
(13-02-2017 02:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 01:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  Unborn boy or unborn girl is not your body.
A bundle of cells is not a person, therefore it is not an "Unborn boy or unborn girl".
Even if for the sake of argument it WERE a person or even a partial person, I'm looking for consistency here, just like ol' George Carlin. Is there at least as much compassion for the mother, who is most DEFINITELY a full-fledged person? How about such children after they are born? How about those children regardless of their ethnicity, gender orientation / identification, or economic class? I find it hilarious that the people who feel so ennobled to defend the unborn, are generally so utterly callous to the born, except to the extent they are useful as pew-warmers, offering plate fillers, yes-men, or cannon fodder.

In reality, anti-abortion positions are about controlling other people's bodies and private sexual behavior and imposing their value judgments on other's personal life choices.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
13-02-2017, 04:40 PM
(13-02-2017 02:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 01:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  Unborn boy or unborn girl is not your body.

A clump of cells is no more a baby than a mole is, and I've had moles removed.

Murderer! Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
13-02-2017, 05:58 PM
(13-02-2017 04:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 02:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A clump of cells is no more a baby than a mole is, and I've had moles removed.

Murderer! Angry

After all, if those moles were cancerous, then they would have their own distinct genetic makeup. Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
14-02-2017, 02:47 AM
mordant Wrote:If you are, then more power to you. Although I would be curious as to how that actually works in practice. Do you love born babies as much as unborn ones? If so, how do you affirm the life of born babies? Because for me to even begin to respect your love of the unborn, I need to see how it extends to the born. Otherwise I have to call hypocrisy on it, I'm afraid. Or at least bullshit.
I am pro-life because God wants me to be pro-life. I believe that if I am pregnant I have to take good care of my body even more. I have to be clean and good vessel.
P.S. There are few exceptions when God let me to choose to do abortion.

14-02-2017, 02:52 AM
mordant Wrote:In reality, anti-abortion positions are about controlling other people's bodies and private sexual behavior
I don't believe this. It makes no sense.
mordant Wrote:and imposing their value judgments on other's personal life choices.
I believe this to be true.