Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2017, 10:24 AM
RE: Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions
(14-02-2017 09:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  
kemo boy Wrote:Do you live in the US?
I live in the US.
kemo boy Wrote:We're such a sexually repressed culture.
What do you mean? Are you forced not to do something you want to do? Or, are you forced to do something you don't want to do? I am talking about sex.

Religion has taught Americans for generations that sex is bad, wrong and/or evil. You can't possible witness the hatred and bile spewed over homosexuality, transgenderism and abortion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2017, 10:36 AM
(14-02-2017 10:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 10:03 AM)Alla Wrote:  If I understand correctly pro-life activists against abortions because they believe it is equal of murdering of innocent human being. I can understand this belief.
They believe it is pure evil to kill infant because of inconvenience. The same they believe about destroying fetus, even if it is a few cells.
But I don't believe they want to control your body or your private sexual life.

Hi Alla,

Your English has improved greatly and your points are easier to grasp so kudos for that. What is the LDS position on birth control? Do you share that position?
Thank you for the compliment, dear GirlyMan.
About birth control. Church does not have any position on birth control. If they had I would know.
If the Church has no position then there is only one thing left for me to do: it is to seek divine guidance for an answer.
Church says that this matter should be between me, my husband and my God. God will tell us when we can stop to have children and start to use birth control.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-02-2017, 10:43 AM
(14-02-2017 10:24 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 09:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  I live in the US.
What do you mean? Are you forced not to do something you want to do? Or, are you forced to do something you don't want to do? I am talking about sex.

Religion has taught Americans for generations that sex is bad, wrong and/or evil. You can't possible witness the hatred and bile spewed over homosexuality, transgenderism and abortion.
To teach something is different than to force someone. They have right to teach what they believe.
Those who hate are wrong. I don't support that.
But they can't force you to do something against your will.
Do they propose that government would enforce any laws/regulations of your private sex life?

14-02-2017, 12:16 PM
(14-02-2017 10:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 10:24 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  Religion has taught Americans for generations that sex is bad, wrong and/or evil. You can't possible witness the hatred and bile spewed over homosexuality, transgenderism and abortion.
To teach something is different than to force someone. They have right to teach what they believe.
Those who hate are wrong. I don't support that.
But they can't force you to do something against your will.
Do they propose that government would enforce any laws/regulations of your private sex life?

Again, are you blind to the treatment of homosexuals in the US? Laws are being proposed almost daily to regulate peoples' sex lives.
14-02-2017, 12:32 PM
kemo boy Wrote:Again, are you blind to the treatment of homosexuals in the US?
by whom? by the government? May be I am blind. What exactly are you talking about?

kemo boy Wrote:Laws are being proposed almost daily to regulate peoples' sex lives.
Be more specific, please. how specifically do they propose to regulate sex lives?

14-02-2017, 02:02 PM
(14-02-2017 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
kemo boy Wrote:Again, are you blind to the treatment of homosexuals in the US?
by whom? by the government? May be I am blind. What exactly are you talking about?

kemo boy Wrote:Laws are being proposed almost daily to regulate peoples' sex lives.
Be more specific, please. how specifically do they propose to regulate sex lives?
I am heterosexual (and white, and anglo-saxon, and of protestant origin) so for a long time I had the luxury of going through life completely oblivious to how homosexuals were commonly treated. Also during my formative years most homosexuals were entirely closeted so if I had friends who were gay (and I probably did) I would not have known it. That did not start to change until I had a boss who was a lesbian, and got to know her and others and their struggle, and until more and more homosexuals felt free to be open about it.

Until just recently for example they were not allowed to marry like heterosexuals have always been allowed to. This is a recent basic gain in rights they had been denied, and came at great effort and cost, and in Trump's America, is probably under threat again, at least structurally.

While it is feasible I would not have had any awareness of this coming of age in 1970s midwestern rural America, I find it difficult to believe you are unaware of it here in the 21st century and on the Internet. Surely if you are Mormon you know that the Mormon church spent $$ in favor California Proposition 8, which made gay marriage illegal in California. A Mormon woman on another forum similar to this that I have participated in, is well aware of it, and embarrassed by it -- as well as by Mormonism's smarmy tendency to pretend indifference to the issue officially and leaving it up to individual Mormons, while fostering pretty overt local opposition to it in your churches or stake houses or whatever you call them these days.

Maybe that is why you are in such a bubble about the injustices visited upon gay folks ... maybe you don't want to face up to your church's leading-from-behind morally on this particular issue.

Of course I came out of evangelical fundamentalism, which has an even worse track record on this issue. About as advanced as they ever are on it, is that it's not a sin to BE gay, only a sin to ACT on it. Rather like telling a heterosexual that it's okay to find the opposite gender attractive so long as you never marry or have sex with them. And those are the best of the best; in practice, most fundamentalists regard homosexuality, including homosexual thoughts or feelings, to be heinous sins, and they often equate it with things like being an axe murderer or pedophile.

Now you are enlightened about what gays face in today's society, and how most of the driving force behind the bigotry they deal with on an everyday basis is religiously mediated.

The question is, what will you do about it?
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
14-02-2017, 02:10 PM
(14-02-2017 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  

A decade after the Supreme Court ruled anti-sodomy laws unconstitutional 12 states still have anti-sodomy laws on the books - Louisiana,Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas and Utah. They're not enforceable but I see how they could still be used to intimidate and threaten those who don't know any better.

#sigh
14-02-2017, 02:16 PM
(14-02-2017 10:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  God will tell us when we can stop to have children and start to use birth control.

Curious about this.

How, exactly, will God tell you?

And if/when this takes place, how will you be able to tell it from either your own inner voice or something else entirely? The world is full of people who truly believe that they have heard for voice of God. Some of them flew aircraft into the World Trade Center.
14-02-2017, 04:15 PM
(14-02-2017 02:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  Be more specific, please. how specifically do they propose to regulate sex lives?

A decade after the Supreme Court ruled anti-sodomy laws unconstitutional 12 states still have anti-sodomy laws on the books - Louisiana,Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas and Utah. They're not enforceable but I see how they could still be used to intimidate and threaten those who don't know any better.

Oh yes, I heard about this law. I think it's stupid law.
You know, Girly Man, lately I realized that I am more libertarian than conservative. I think Jesus Christ was libertarian.

14-02-2017, 04:18 PM
(14-02-2017 02:16 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 10:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  God will tell us when we can stop to have children and start to use birth control.
Curious about this.
How, exactly, will God tell you?
it doesn't matter. I am not trying to be rude to you.
(14-02-2017 02:16 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  And if/when this takes place, how will you be able to tell it from either your own inner voice or something else entirely?
Again, it doesn't matter.
(14-02-2017 02:16 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  The world is full of people who truly believe that they have heard for voice of God. Some of them flew aircraft into the World Trade Center.
So? I don't care what they believe.