Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions
(14-02-2017 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  I think Jesus Christ was libertarian.

Interesting. Based on the behavior of his apostles in their fourth and fifth acts I always thought Jesus was a commie pinko bastard. No?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2017, 04:35 PM
(14-02-2017 02:16 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  And if/when this takes place, how will you be able to tell it from either your own inner voice ...

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Tongue

(14-02-2017 02:16 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  The world is full of people who truly believe that they have heard for voice of God. Some of them flew aircraft into the World Trade Center.

Do you think that's true? No doubt that many claim so. I tend to think they haven't heard the voice of God and feel left out so they are dying to hear it. I don't have a problem with helping them achieve their quest. Hell, they'd thank me for it.

#sigh
14-02-2017, 04:41 PM
(14-02-2017 02:02 PM)mordant Wrote:  I am heterosexual (and white, and anglo-saxon, and of protestant origin) so for a long time I had the luxury of going through life completely oblivious to how homosexuals were commonly treated. Also during my formative years most homosexuals were entirely closeted so if I had friends who were gay (and I probably did) I would not have known it. That did not start to change until I had a boss who was a lesbian, and got to know her and others and their struggle, and until more and more homosexuals felt free to be open about it.

Until just recently for example they were not allowed to marry like heterosexuals have always been allowed to. This is a recent basic gain in rights they had been denied, and came at great effort and cost, and in Trump's America, is probably under threat again, at least structurally.

While it is feasible I would not have had any awareness of this coming of age in 1970s midwestern rural America, I find it difficult to believe you are unaware of it here in the 21st century and on the Internet. Surely if you are Mormon you know that the Mormon church spent $$ in favor California Proposition 8, which made gay marriage illegal in California. A Mormon woman on another forum similar to this that I have participated in, is well aware of it, and embarrassed by it -- as well as by Mormonism's smarmy tendency to pretend indifference to the issue officially and leaving it up to individual Mormons, while fostering pretty overt local opposition to it in your churches or stake houses or whatever you call them these days.

Maybe that is why you are in such a bubble about the injustices visited upon gay folks ... maybe you don't want to face up to your church's leading-from-behind morally on this particular issue.
I know that there are people who hate homosexuals. Not only in the USA. Take also Russia or many Muslim countries.
I also know that many Christians believe that to be homosexual is sin.
I also know that LDS Church is for marriage between male and female. I know why. But unlike that Mormon woman I am not embarrassed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know why God will never bless homosexual marriage.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-02-2017, 04:47 PM
mordant Wrote:Of course I came out of evangelical fundamentalism, which has an even worse track record on this issue. About as advanced as they ever are on it, is that it's not a sin to BE gay, only a sin to ACT on it. Rather like telling a heterosexual that it's okay to find the opposite gender attractive so long as you never marry or have sex with them. And those are the best of the best; in practice, most fundamentalists regard homosexuality, including homosexual thoughts or feelings, to be heinous sins, and they often equate it with things like being an axe murderer or pedophile.

Now you are enlightened about what gays face in today's society, and how most of the driving force behind the bigotry they deal with on an everyday basis is religiously mediated.

The question is, what will you do about it?
Nothing. Let them do whatever they want and marry whomever they want. But I still will believe that God will not sanctify homosexual marriage.

14-02-2017, 04:50 PM
(14-02-2017 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  I think Jesus Christ was libertarian.

Interesting. Based on the behavior of his apostles in their fourth and fifth acts I always thought Jesus was a commie pinko bastard. No?

No.
Apostles didn't force anybody to accept Christ and to follow Him(to live according to the Gospel of Christ)

14-02-2017, 05:16 PM
(14-02-2017 04:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  I also know that LDS Church is for marriage between male and female. I know why. But unlike that Mormon woman I am not embarrassed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know why God will never bless homosexual marriage.
Well here is a perfect example of how two Christians (two Mormons in this case) can get different "answers" to prayer.

I know this other woman has sought god a great deal on this topic, and believes, along with a not-insignificant number of her fellow Mormons, that the Mormon authorities are dead wrong on this issue. And she's working to right that wrong. She has also made her views known to her bishop and she has not been censured by him over it. So it would appear that some Mormon clergy are sympathetic to the issue, or at least willing to overlook it to some degree.

On the other hand you have doubtless prayed about this among many other things and have come to an entirely different conclusion.

Funny, that. Your god will "never bless homosexual marriage" and her god presumably will.

Now you are in the awkward position of calling this fellow Mormon woman (and her bishop) names (apostate, or maybe backslider, or whatever terms Mormons use when they go judgmental on each other), or in the alternative, you can pray some more and consult your own bishop and maybe change your views in some way. But what you can't do is claim you are both right about this matter, because god can't be giving each of you different marching orders.

Or can he?
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
14-02-2017, 05:45 PM
(14-02-2017 04:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Interesting. Based on the behavior of his apostles in their fourth and fifth acts I always thought Jesus was a commie pinko bastard. No?

No.
Apostles didn't force anybody to accept Christ and to follow Him(to live according to the Gospel of Christ)

I don't think that's what commie pinko bastards are supposed to do but you're right all the evidence points to that. As a Russian Jew once told me "Kibbutzes don't scale silly gentile." The Apostles did try though.

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”), 37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles’ feet.

It didn't last though because kibbutzes don't scale.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-02-2017, 07:11 PM
(14-02-2017 04:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 02:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  A decade after the Supreme Court ruled anti-sodomy laws unconstitutional 12 states still have anti-sodomy laws on the books - Louisiana,Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas and Utah. They're not enforceable but I see how they could still be used to intimidate and threaten those who don't know any better.

Oh yes, I heard about this law. I think it's stupid law.
You know, Girly Man, lately I realized that I am more libertarian than conservative. I think Jesus Christ was libertarian.

That's bullshit. The closest political philosophy to the one Jesus expresses in the gospel accounts is communism. Libertarianism, with its fetish for owners (including people who've done nothing on their own, just inherited money or power) as compared to workers or the "meek" is anti-Jesus.

Whoever's writing you now is crap, time to let one of your smarter authors take a turn.
14-02-2017, 07:33 PM
julep Wrote:That's bullshit. The closest political philosophy to the one Jesus expresses in the gospel accounts is communism.
Communism is gospel of devil. Devil takes Gospel principles and then he corrupts them to a certain degree but makes sure they look good, noble and godly.
Communists force people to be communists and obey their laws. They will destroy you if you don't accept their philosophy.
Neither Jesus nor libertarians force people to accept the Gospel/their philosophy.
Communism = tyranny.
Jesus makes an invitation: come onto Me
Jesus does not destroy you if you don't accept His Gospel.
I know, I know the Bible says that He will. But the Bible is not complete, has contradictions that is why many words can be misunderstood.
julep Wrote:Whoever's writing you now is crap, time to let one of your smarter authors take a turn.
I take it as complement. it means that I am not complete idiot in your eyes. Thanks.

14-02-2017, 07:35 PM
(14-02-2017 05:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 04:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  No.

I don't think that's what commie pinko bastards are supposed to do but you're right all the evidence points to that. As a Russian Jew once told me "Kibbutzes don't scale silly gentile." The Apostles did try though.

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”), 37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles’ feet.

It didn't last though because kibbutzes don't scale.
Sounds like communism but it is not. Those people freely shared everything. Communists will force you to share. They will take everything from you against your will. Check out North Korea.