Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions
(18-02-2017 06:40 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So, for lack of anywhere better to put this, in the news today, Norma McCorvey, also known as "Jane Roe" in the court documents, has died of heart failure at the age of 69. Initially a staunch proponent in favor of abortion, she later became a pro life activist. The greatest irony though, has to be that she did end up giving birth to a child in the case that bears her pseudonym, because the case took longer than the 9 months of gestation.

Also little-known is that she already had two kids and was seeking abortion for the third, which she couldn't afford to have... and that she gave the child up for adoption. She was a domestic abuse victim who had turned to drug dealing to try to support the kids she already did have. I applaud her for having the courage to bring the case and see it through, but she was anything but stable.

She was the unfortunate victim of endless psychological manipulation and harassment by Christian fundamentalists, after her identity became known. (In fairness, the Pro-Choice side also attempted to use and manipulate her.) The pressure and negative attention really hit her hard. After dabbling in the occult, and briefly claiming to be an atheist--though this may be the usual "I used to be an atheist before I found Jayzus" popular testimony tale-- she converted to fundamentalist Christianity and later was quoted as saying, "I was always Pro-Life, I just didn't know it."

Sound like someone who has been brainwashed to you?

The fundamentalist anti-abortion activist preacher who baptized her, Rev. Bentham, was quoted as saying, "Jesus Christ has reached through the abortion mill wall and touched the heart of Norma McCorvey."

Reverend Flip Benham, working with the infamous Operation Rescue, was later so egregiously "terroristic" (the word used in trial) in his harassment of abortion providers that a Texas jury awarded record damages against him and Operation Rescue.

Thanks to those fundy scumbags, what she went through in her life was even worse than it was before she had to fight for her (and everyone else's) rights. It should never have been necessary.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
24-02-2017, 07:26 AM
This is the other end of the specturm, and in a Muslim country: http://www.t-vine.com/abortion-scandal-rocks-the-trnc/
Under Muslim Sharia law abortion is illegal.

The article is about late term abortions, but the true story here is that this clinic was shut down and the doctors are being prosecuted for murder.

The facts, as they have emerged in the trial, are that abortions were being conducted with no medical justification at all, right up to full term. The prosecution have presented evidence, both scientific and admissions of one of the doctors and a nurse, that one child was born alive and then suffocated.

But, get this, because the doctors were Muslim, they don't believe in cremation, the bodies were buried. IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBOURHOOD. I mean, dumb, or what. The trial continues.
25-02-2017, 07:45 PM
I have found it more accurate to describe them as "anti-abortion", or "anti-choice". If they were truly "pro-life", they would also introduce legislation to provide support for the next eighteen years after the forced gestation of these children.

Besides, attaching "pro-" to a word provides a false facade of it somehow being good.

BTW, I am anti-abortion. I wish it was never necessary to have them.

But then again, I'm pro-choice...It's none of my damn business what a woman does with her body.

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 1 user Likes A. Secular Human's post
26-02-2017, 09:10 AM
(25-02-2017 07:45 PM)A. Secular Human Wrote:  I have found it more accurate to describe them as "anti-abortion", or "anti-choice". If they were truly "pro-life", they would also introduce legislation to provide support for the next eighteen years after the forced gestation of these children.

Besides, attaching "pro-" to a word provides a false facade of it somehow being good.

BTW, I am anti-abortion. I wish it was never necessary to have them.

But then again, I'm pro-choice...It's none of my damn business what a woman does with her body.

Pretty much everyone's anti-abortion in that sense. No woman ever got up one morning and said, "I'm going to go out there and get knocked up today JUST so I can have an abortion, because having an abortion is so freaking awesome." Abortion has never been seen by anyone as more than a lesser of evils.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
26-02-2017, 02:44 PM
This is one of those issues where I get very VERY angry.

THIS is not a person.

[Image: pregnancy-week-5-amniotic-sac_4x3.jpg]

That is a yolk sack, fetal pole, and a few extra cells. Not a person.

But it gets worse.

THIS IS NOT A PERSON.

[Image: 1079-004-B3DECCEB.jpg]

This is a yolk sack and fetal pole. And you tell me that THAT is worth putting a woman's life in danger? THAT? Because THAT is a person?

We could have a philosophical discussion about personhood, and I would love that. But whatever these are, a person they are not.

If I have one commandment that I follow, it is the absolute prohibition of human sacrifice. A woman is not a brood mare and her rights do not end because of a goddamn yolk sack. No one gets the right to put her life in danger against her will. No one. Period. If you can find a way to gestate these without using her body hey, I will totally support that.

And yes, I oppose the death penalty, and no, the two are not comparable. What good is done by killing a convicted murderer? What harm is ended? None. A person is dead. What good is done by abortion? What harm is ended? Well the woman is free of the medical problems that come along with childbirth, and the financial burden that accompanies it. There are measurable goods that go along with abortion access. There are none with capital punishment.
[+] 4 users Like natachan's post