Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 05:00 PM
RE: Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions
(26-11-2016 04:06 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Our soon to be VP wants them thrown in jail and pay for funerals at the least.

From what I've read women are required to have the aborted or miscarried fetus cremated or buried. I don't think the woman has to be present for this though. The measure bans donating any of the cells to medical research. What an asshole. When I had an abortion I donated the cells to science, so screw you Pence. I was about three weeks pregnant. My birth control pills failed because I was taking antibiotics and it weakened the birth control hormones.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-11-2016, 05:42 PM
(26-11-2016 05:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 04:06 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Our soon to be VP wants them thrown in jail and pay for funerals at the least.

From what I've read women are required to have the aborted or miscarried fetus cremated or buried. I don't think the woman has to be present for this though. The measure bans donating any of the cells to medical research. What an asshole. When I had an abortion I donated the cells to science, so screw you Pence. I was about three weeks pregnant. My birth control pills failed because I was taking antibiotics and it weakened the birth control hormones.

Some friends of ours run a charity where they pay for funerals for children when their family can't pay for one or where the fetuses are not claimed. I know that a few times a year, they have a mass cremation for the fetuses, regardless whether aborted or DNC. I am pretty sure it is something he wanted to do here but I don't think it actually passed since they have unclaimed fetuses.

edit: and your correct, Pence is an asshole. He actually scares me more than Drumpf because he actually believes this garbage.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
26-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Thank you for making me happy for living in Brazil once in a while, I can always count on religious crazy groups from other countries to give me this nice feeling.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
26-11-2016, 07:21 PM
(26-11-2016 07:18 PM)Velvet Wrote:  Thank you for making me happy for living in Brazil once in a while, I can always count on religious crazy groups from other countries to give me this nice feeling.

(Wow, I didn't know you lived in Brazil. Neat!)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-11-2016, 10:40 PM
(26-11-2016 01:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 12:47 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  They say abortion is killing and killing is wrong. So their reaction is to kill the killers. Makes sense.

Ya really believe that Pablo? Then it must stand to reason you also believe: That killing convicted murders and rapists is wrong but killing innocent fetuses is OK. Whadda ya say?

Phu Cat

A fetus is a fetus. Not a human being.

It's a POTENTIAL human being.

So too, is every sperm and every ovum....

Therefore - EVERYONE who's ever masturbated or had a menstrual period has killed. In fact - this makes everyone a serial killer.

We should all be incarcerated.......

Rolleyes

[/pro-life "logic"]

If abortion is murder, masturbation is genocide.

[Image: 2-9-1001220443_tshirt-if-abortion-is-mur...nocide.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-11-2016, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 10:49 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Mike Pence reminds me of an episode of The West Wing, but in reverse. That show had some amazing acting, but this episode is one of the few that never fails to move me to tears, since (even though I am not religious) I can so easily place myself into the emotional state being portrayed by Martin Sheen.

In the episode, President Bartlett, who is a devout Catholic, is given a chance to commute the sentence of federal prisoner under the death penalty. His faith says that it is utterly unacceptable to kill, for any reason. His closest adviser, Toby, explains that while it's not against Levitical law, the Rabbis writing the Talmud were so disgusted by the idea of killing in the name of the state that they figured out how to make it all but impossible for the state to do so-- in a way that makes our own legal system look absolutely barbaric by comparison (he implies)-- and pleads with the President to use his power to override the death sentence.

In a later scene, the President is speaking with his priest, agonizing over his own inaction. He tells the priest that yes, he called the Pope. Yes, he prayed fervently and got no response (he never has - which pisses him off). In the end, the President sticks to his belief in the Constitution, the will of the people, and the decisions of the Supreme Court... his religious beliefs are between him and God, not between him and the country he was elected to lead.

I highly recommend you take a few minutes to watch this scene-- it's an image of how I think both politicians and religious people should aspire to be. (When people ask me why I fight against religion, I often think of that episode; I would consider religion a Good Thing™ and never would have to fight it, if religious people thought like President Bartlett.) [Edit to Add: Watch the priest try to emotionally manipulate him into acting religiously, rather than Presidentially... but you can skip the part about the "man in the flood", as apparently President Bartlett is the only person on earth who hasn't heard that one.]

It infuriates me, at a deep, core level, that I must (as a nonbeliever) deal with the never-ending threat from people who would want to install their religious beliefs onto our secular society-- to take that which is an internal matter for their own hearts, and place it onto me like a set of invisible chains. For this, I must hate religion-- even as I admire, on many levels, the people who are sincere believers that their belief is between their Conscience and their Creator...

...that is, those that are like Bartlett, and not Pence.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Oh, for the record, I am also against the Death Penalty. I realize that the above may sound like I'm supporting it. However, it's not for religious or broad moral reasons, but because I think it's immoral for the state to kill unless we are 100.00% sure of the guilt of the accused, and I know alllllll too well that our "Justice System" is anything but just. As long as there's any room for error, we cannot in good conscience murder in the name of the state. We know for a fact (because of the development of DNA testing) that our country has killed over a hundred innocent people, and that the number of proved posthumous exonerations is only a fraction of a sliver of the total that don't have available evidence to be re-tested.

That is unacceptable to me.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-11-2016, 11:08 PM
(26-11-2016 10:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Oh, for the record, I am also against the Death Penalty. I realize that the above may sound like I'm supporting it. However, it's not for religious or broad moral reasons, but because I think it's immoral for the state to kill unless we are 100.00% sure of the guilt of the accused, and I know alllllll too well that our "Justice System" is anything but just. As long as there's any room for error, we cannot in good conscience murder in the name of the state. We know for a fact (because of the development of DNA testing) that our country has killed over a hundred innocent people, and that the number of proved posthumous exonerations is only a fraction of a sliver of the total that don't have available evidence to be re-tested.

That is unacceptable to me.

I agree with this completely. But I would also add that even if we were certain of guilt, there is little to nothing of value to be had in the death penalty above and beyond proper incarceration. (Not that we really have proper incarceration... big can of worms that I'm sure you can say far more about than I can, RS.) The argument for increased deterrence value is sketchy at best, the process costs more than lifetime incarceration, the medical professionals are rebelling at the concept, there's increasingly little way to do it humanely, it is based on and feeds into the idea that justice is about punishment and retribution, and in the end it's little more than governmental and societal bloodlust.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
26-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Couldn't say it any better than you did, Reltzik.

I will say this: having served nearly one decade, I am a million times more afraid of a Life Sentence than I am of the Death Penalty. I've met many, many guys serving Life, who have been incarcerated for 30-40 years, and it is a living, lingering death. I once thought that convicted people who asked to skip appeals and go straight to the Death Penalty were crazy (the system treats them as if they are), but now I realize that that's the only sane part of an insane system.

Most of our "justice" system is about bloodlust and retribution. If the only point of prison was to protect ourselves from dangerous people, then we could simply put a (well-patrolled) wall around a normal town and have prisoners live normal lives, removed from the general population while still able to work and provide for their families, pay taxes, etc., as well as receiving rehabilitation and education toward the day they would be released. Our current system only produces misery and bitterness, and all but guarantees recidivism.

I have been cheering as (secular) Europe, where the companies that formerly supplied the US states with the drugs they needed to kill their citizens, have begun to push back and deny the states access to those drugs, leading to (almost) hilarious shenanigans as the states try to surreptitiously get around the ban. It's like a murder comedy... except it's very real. Sad

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-11-2016, 11:32 PM
(26-11-2016 10:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If abortion is murder, masturbation is genocide.

[Image: 2-9-1001220443_tshirt-if-abortion-is-mur...nocide.png]

Holy Fuck! I was killing my little people all this time! Gasp I thought I was setting them free..Weeping
[+] 2 users Like underdogFTW's post