Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2017, 04:02 PM
RE: Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions
(27-01-2017 03:50 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So a fetus is not a human being...What is the fetus then? A mineral ? A vegetable ? Not many more choices left are there? Future human being? Exactly at what point does it become a human being? When the forceps grabs its head to crush it just before it's born? I'll bet you're going to tell me when it's completely born. Why then? It's no different then than it was 60 minutes ago before the mother's muscles pushed it thru the birth canal except it's breathing air after birth. Actually, the micro-millisecond the sperm entered the the egg it became a human being and you know it but that won't fit your reasoning pattern to justify what is a major inconvenience for some women.

Phu Cat

No sorry. It becomes a human being when it takes a breath outside the woman's body.

Until we can take every unwanted fetus out of the woman's body and transfer them into YOUR body, you can fuck off.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-01-2017, 08:27 PM
(27-01-2017 03:50 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  So a fetus is not a human being...What is the fetus then? A mineral ? A vegetable ? Not many more choices left are there? Future human being? Exactly at what point does it become a human being? When the forceps grabs its head to crush it just before it's born? I'll bet you're going to tell me when it's completely born. Why then? It's no different then than it was 60 minutes ago before the mother's muscles pushed it thru the birth canal except it's breathing air after birth. Actually, the micro-millisecond the sperm entered the the egg it became a human being and you know it but that won't fit your reasoning pattern to justify what is a major inconvenience for some women.

Phu Cat

As far as I’m concerned, the fetus has life when it can demonstrate that it can sustain itself outside the mother’s womb. I generally disagree with late term abortions –when the fetus probably could sustain itself- but if I found out at 30 weeks or so that I was carrying a fetus with some serious malformation, I’d abort without reservation. I wouldn’t even allow some non-profit agency to take it off my hands to “save” it from abortion because I don’t want a child to live a life of constant suffering. These self-righteous Christians who think they have no power over their environment can kiss my ass. We have brains, medical skills, and dominion over our own free will and I will use those tools to my advantage. If that makes someone else feel sad, then that’s just too bad.

Maybe instead of whining and crying about abortion, those people should get medical degrees and address the reasons many women abort. Maybe it's time they come up with an artificial womb for those unwanted fetuses that are otherwise healthy.

That's your mission, Phu Cat. Go get an education.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
27-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Quote:As far as I’m concerned, the fetus has life when it can demonstrate that it can sustain itself outside the mother’s womb.

Yeah...and that's usually around 27 when it gets out of fucking college and finds a job.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
27-01-2017, 08:56 PM

Phu Cat

...... wow.

What must life have been like, to have been born equipped with the ability to telepathically know what people think through the internet?

.... oh, wait, that's not a thing that actually happened. It's just that you're an arrogant, pretentious bugger so full of bullshit that you think everyone out there automatically agrees with everything you think.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
27-01-2017, 09:13 PM
(27-01-2017 03:50 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Actually, the micro-millisecond the sperm entered the the egg it became a human being and you know it but that won't fit your reasoning pattern to justify what is a major inconvenience for some women.

If I don't want that "inconvenience" inside my body, out it goes. My choice. My body is sovereign territory, and I reserve the right to deport anyone and anything I want.

Fortunately I'm now postmenopausal and not in danger of becoming pregnant again, but in the month after I left my abusive ex I would have definitely gotten an abortion if pregnant.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Astreja's post
27-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Really, Phu...?

Just gonna pretend that "the forceps grabs its head to crush it just before it's born" is a normal abortion, rather than an emergency procedure performed much earlier in the pregnancy, and only in emergency situations?

I'm fucking sick of you people pulling that lie. The position that late-term abortions can only be performed in cases of medical necessity (and signed off by three independent doctors) is already the law, and it's a tiny fraction of a percent of the total cases.

Let's start with a few basic facts. Only 1.3% of abortions occur after 20 weeks, or in other words after the point of viability, and they are almost always performed because of an infection in the uterus or some other major issue that would literally kill the mother.

Past the 24 week point, abortions are almost always performed only when there are major medical issues such as birth defects that will be fatal to the child, or medically harmful to the mother, according to Dr. Jen Gunter, OB/GYN, "After 24 weeks, birth defects that lead to abortion are very severe and typically considered incompatible with life" (meaning it will kill the fetus anyway). She goes on to point out that there's no such thing as an abortion after about the eight month point, since doctors will simply induce labor rather than perform an abortion, so your entire scenario is a bald-faced lie.

Your position is a complete strawman of abortion. It's completely dishonest to pretend otherwise. Lying For Jesus™ is still lying.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 12 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-01-2017, 12:31 AM
(27-01-2017 09:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Lying For Jesus™ is still lying.

But tradition! TRADITION!
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
28-01-2017, 01:40 AM
my thread has been necro'd yet again
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
28-01-2017, 02:46 AM
(28-01-2017 01:40 AM)Ace Wrote:  my thread has been necro'd yet again

Well, these fundies just won't let it die!

(Get it?) (Sorry...)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Since this was Necro'ed, Phu Cat, where do you stand on the "seamless garment" theology? Are you pro-birth, or are you pro-life?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user