http://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/10/12/fell...-pro-life/

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-01-2017, 01:27 PM
RE: Christians Move To EXECUTE Women For Abortions
(28-01-2017 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just going to put this here...

Moms, you are awesome! And gets to the root of why I ask Phu Cat if he's pro-birth or pro-life; it's easy to be pro-fetus. It's much harder to say that once a child enters the world, that child should have access to health care, education, food and water, human dignity, paid leave for the mother, being willing to adopt if a woman does choose to have the child and put the child up for adoption, etc. Most people I know who are "pro life" don't fall under the "seamless garment" idea of the term; conception to natural death, but are often quite fond of things like torture, capital punishment, and such.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Shai Hulud's post
28-01-2017, 01:41 PM
(28-01-2017 01:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just going to put this here...

Moms, you are awesome! And gets to the root of why I ask Phu Cat if he's pro-birth or pro-life; it's easy to be pro-fetus. It's much harder to say that once a child enters the world, that child should have access to health care, education, food and water, human dignity, paid leave for the mother, being willing to adopt if a woman does choose to have the child and put the child up for adoption, etc. Most people I know who are "pro life" don't fall under the "seamless garment" idea of the term; conception to natural death, but are often quite fond of things like torture, capital punishment, and such.

It nicely encapsulates everything I've been saying for years about the anti-choice, anti-abortion crowd for years now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-01-2017, 03:01 PM
As the father of a nearly aborted daughter, of course I'm pro-life. What else would you expect? But as far as "address the reasons many women abort", there are probably as many reasons as there are women. But the cause is one too many cases of intercourse simply for pleasure.

Women want their "rights" and to be able to show how powerful they can be. Well ladies, you lost that when you listened to Gloria Steinham and stopped saying "No" to men. I know you've heard it before and I'll bet some of you have used that little trick to get what you want because it still works, doesn't it. If you're the prize you think you are you know he'll stick around. If he doesn't, you're doing something else wrong and you know it.

But as far as a child becoming a human when taking it's first breath, that's a load of malarkey. That child was no different in the womb 60 minutes ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, than after birth. You're trying to use it's first breath as a line of demarcation to ease your guilty conscience and that guilt conscience will likely stay with you forever whether you'll admit it or not. Sorry about that, but it was after all your choice.

Phu Cat
28-01-2017, 03:33 PM
(28-01-2017 03:01 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  As the father of a nearly aborted daughter, of course I'm pro-life. What else would you expect? But as far as "address the reasons many women abort", there are probably as many reasons as there are women. But the cause is one too many cases of intercourse simply for pleasure.

Women want their "rights" and to be able to show how powerful they can be. Well ladies, you lost that when you listened to Gloria Steinham and stopped saying "No" to men. I know you've heard it before and I'll bet some of you have used that little trick to get what you want because it still works, doesn't it. If you're the prize you think you are you know he'll stick around. If he doesn't, you're doing something else wrong and you know it.

But as far as a child becoming a human when taking it's first breath, that's a load of malarkey. That child was no different in the womb 60 minutes ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, than after birth. You're trying to use it's first breath as a line of demarcation to ease your guilty conscience and that guilt conscience will likely stay with you forever whether you'll admit it or not. Sorry about that, but it was after all your choice.

Phu Cat

Then you choose not to abort or to sleep with women who might abort.

Stay out of my business.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
28-01-2017, 03:37 PM
(28-01-2017 03:01 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  As the father of a nearly aborted daughter, of course I'm pro-life. What else would you expect? But as far as "address the reasons many women abort", there are probably as many reasons as there are women. But the cause is one too many cases of intercourse simply for pleasure.

Phu Cat

Large type doesn't make your argument more persuasive.

Oh, the horror of women having sex "simply" for pleasure. Wagging your shame-shame finger at them and invoking Gloria "Steinham."

You know, there are resources out there that would teach you how to please a woman.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
28-01-2017, 04:06 PM
[Image: de6.png]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
28-01-2017, 04:50 PM

Oh, for fuck sake. Facepalm Take your narrow, priggish attitude and stick it up your ass. Your stunted sexuality is your problem, not ours.

Quote:Women want their "rights" and to be able to show how powerful they can be. Well ladies, you lost that when you listened to Gloria Steinham and stopped saying "No" to men.

What the fuck? Feminism is about human rights, asshole.

Quote:I know you've heard it before and I'll bet some of you have used that little trick to get what you want because it still works, doesn't it.

What trick is that? Sex? You really hate sexuality, hmm? Especially in women? Consider

Quote:If you're the prize you think you are you know he'll stick around. If he doesn't, you're doing something else wrong and you know it.

So, having sex is wrong? Is it only wrong for women?

Quote:But as far as a child becoming a human when taking it's first breath, that's a load of malarkey. That child was no different in the womb 60 minutes ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, than after birth.

I suggest you learn some biology. The fetus at 3 months is not a child. Or a baby. Or a person.

Quote:You're trying to use it's first breath as a line of demarcation to ease your guilty conscience and that guilt conscience will likely stay with you forever whether you'll admit it or not. Sorry about that, but it was after all your choice.

Phu Cat

Guilty about what?

The first breath is not a logical demarcation; viability is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
28-01-2017, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2017 05:10 PM by Astreja.)
(28-01-2017 03:01 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  But as far as "address the reasons many women abort", there are probably as many reasons as there are women. But the cause is one too many cases of intercourse simply for pleasure.

Well then, what the world needs is more convenient, safe, high-quality, inexpensive and guilt-free contraception that any sexually active woman in the world can acquire without embarrassment or fear.

Make a donation to your local reproductive rights association and request that it be used for the purchase of contraception for those who want it but cannot afford it. This will actually prevent abortions, by preventing unwanted pregnancies.

Quote:Women want their "rights" and to be able to show how powerful they can be. Well ladies, you lost that when you listened to Gloria Steinham and stopped saying "No" to men. I know you've heard it before and I'll bet some of you have used that little trick to get what you want because it still works, doesn't it. If you're the prize you think you are you know he'll stick around. If he doesn't, you're doing something else wrong and you know it.

I've actually never played that game. IMO it's not worth playing, either.

Quote:That child was no different in the womb 60 minutes ago, 3 months ago, 6 months ago, than after birth.

Oh, I assure you that there's a considerable difference between a term infant and a blob of barely-differentiated tissue a month into a pregnancy. Many years ago I had a miscarriage at about 5-6 weeks, and I actually saw what came out. This is why I'm an advocate for on-demand access to first-trimester abortion -- Get the fetus out of there long before it has a functioning nervous system, and before the pregnancy can have a significant impact on the woman's body as well.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
28-01-2017, 05:48 PM
(28-01-2017 03:01 PM)Phu Cat Wrote:  Women want their "rights" and to be able to show how powerful they can be. Well ladies, you lost that when you listened to Gloria Steinham and stopped saying "No" to men.

Do men get to keep their rights and their power if they don't say no to sex?

Quote:If you're the prize you think you are you know he'll stick around. If he doesn't, you're doing something else wrong and you know it.

Right, because it is always the woman's fault if a guy leaves. Guys are never assholes or cowards.

One thing I am sure of is that you are not the prize that you think you are.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post