Christians Upset About Bible Verse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Atheist upsets local xtians by having a verse from the bible displayed on his truck.

Guess what? It's one of those verses that xtians don't like.

Hilarious!

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Silly Deity's post
01-06-2017, 07:53 AM
RE: Christians Upset About Bible Verse
All the christians have to do is edit the damn book.
They've been changing it for thousands of years.
It's why we have so many denominations.

"I don't like this part. If you don't like it too, come join me in the new Hamish denomination. We praise cheesus. That's right folks, ham & cheese forever."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 7 users Like Rahn127's post
01-06-2017, 08:03 AM
(01-06-2017 07:53 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  =
"I don't like this part. If you don't like it too, come join me in the new Hamish denomination. We praise cheesus. That's right folks, ham & cheese forever."

I'd pray at that church. If they had tomato soup.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Let me guess....."it's taken out of context".

Bullshit.
01-06-2017, 09:44 AM
(01-06-2017 06:48 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Atheist upsets local xtians by having a verse from the bible displayed on his truck.

Guess what? It's one of those verses that xtians don't like.

Hilarious!

Unfortunately even for the empathetic left, he is still using the same book they are. But this is the problem with every single religion worldwide. For all the decent empathetic humans in every religion, you still have, under every umbrella label, competing interpretations of the holy writings.

As much as I value even liberal theists, they should understand the further back in time you go, the more conservative the history of interpretation is.

Unfortunately I'd say this guy is being more true to the bible than liberal Christians are. The real reason the sane no longer value that, isn't because of the book itself, but our own natural evolutionary empathy allows humans to ignore the nasty parts.

Point is this sick fuck is still using the same bible as the left.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2017, 10:47 AM
Fucking xtians are always upset about something. Who care about them?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
01-06-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm going to reluctantly side with the critics here, and say that I too am upset about that Bible verse.

Oh, they're upset about it being thrown in their faces! Well that's what you get when you decide that something is holy and right and a good guide without first checking what's in the damned thing.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
01-06-2017, 11:16 AM
(01-06-2017 10:53 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  I'm going to reluctantly side with the critics here, and say that I too am upset about that Bible verse.

Oh, they're upset about it being thrown in their faces! Well that's what you get when you decide that something is holy and right and a good guide without first checking what's in the damned thing.

They don't seem to be fond of actual Bible verses. They weren't thrilled with this one either:
[Image: 6985219353_f87df3f528.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like Rockblossom's post
01-06-2017, 12:22 PM
War on christianity never ends Big Grin

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
01-06-2017, 12:28 PM
(01-06-2017 11:16 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 10:53 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  I'm going to reluctantly side with the critics here, and say that I too am upset about that Bible verse.

They don't seem to be fond of actual Bible verses. They weren't thrilled with this one either:
[Image: 6985219353_f87df3f528.jpg]
It would be worse if they would be thrilled. Fact that majority (?) of christians abhors slavery is good.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post