Christians Upset About Bible Verse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 12:34 PM by Szuchow.)
RE: Christians Upset About Bible Verse
Double post.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 01:03 PM
1 Timothy 5
11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man she must be quiet.

----

Always a winner when some women Christian yammers angrily at you on some forum or the other. Oh, and no voting for women even if they are Christian ultra conservatives. It's the law!

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
01-06-2017, 01:20 PM
(01-06-2017 11:16 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 10:53 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  I'm going to reluctantly side with the critics here, and say that I too am upset about that Bible verse.

Oh, they're upset about it being thrown in their faces! Well that's what you get when you decide that something is holy and right and a good guide without first checking what's in the damned thing.

They don't seem to be fond of actual Bible verses. They weren't thrilled with this one either:
[Image: 6985219353_f87df3f528.jpg]

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."
-- Psalms 137:9

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
01-06-2017, 01:54 PM
(01-06-2017 01:20 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 11:16 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  They don't seem to be fond of actual Bible verses. They weren't thrilled with this one either:
[Image: 6985219353_f87df3f528.jpg]

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."
-- Psalms 137:9

Dr H, That's one of my favorite quotes.......well, sort of.

I always like all the condoning of rape and slavery in the bible but the one that really gets me laughing is the 42 children who tease a bald man and god sends two bears to kill the children.

2 Kings 2:23-25....

"Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. "

[Image: 14052181_577048212486174_1703641847_n.jp...MQ%3D%3D.2]

[Image: badass4.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Lemme get this straight... practicing Christians are angry about an actual piece of scripture being displayed publicly? I thought they were forever promoting biblical scripture as a true and accurate record of their saviour's teachings? WTF... what's changed?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
01-06-2017, 02:47 PM
(01-06-2017 01:56 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Lemme get this straight... practicing Christians are angry about an actual piece of scripture being displayed publicly? I thought they were forever promoting biblical scripture as a true and accurate record of their saviour's teachings? WTF... what's changed?
I guess he took it out of context.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
01-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Christians Upset About Bible Verse
(01-06-2017 11:16 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  [Image: 6985219353_f87df3f528.jpg]

What the hell is on his neck?
01-06-2017, 07:08 PM
(01-06-2017 01:56 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Lemme get this straight... practicing Christians are angry about an actual piece of scripture being displayed publicly? I thought they were forever promoting biblical scripture as a true and accurate record of their saviour's teachings? WTF... what's changed?

> Nothing has changed. Christian hypocrisy and biblical illiteracy are alive and well. Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
02-06-2017, 01:29 PM

I see it like the various times people have circulated the Declaration of Independence in modern English, as a petition, and could hardly find any Americans willing to sign it. A lot more people like to cite the DOI than have actually read it.

Same with the Bible. An awful lot of Christians haven't actually read it, or haven't really read it all the way through. In discussions with Christians over the years, I've found it quite common to have them not recognize quotations from their own holy book.

Good thing they have atheists keeping track of such things for them.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 6 users Like Dr H's post
02-06-2017, 03:18 PM
It's always seemed somewhat bizarre to me that for people who have absolute faith in the power of their god of choice that they—mere mortals—consistently see the necessity of defending him/her whenever he/she is insulted, trivialised, or mocked by other mere mortals.

Can't their piss-weak god look after itself? Does it seriously need help from human beings when it's alleged to be omnipowerful?

Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post