Christians Upset About Bible Verse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Christians Upset About Bible Verse
(04-06-2017 04:42 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 11:28 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  Peter North and Ron Jeremy

Don't know who these two are.. *Searches them up* oh....

Now the reference makes sense!

*Discreetly clears browser history*
Future reference:
When searching for something for the first time, open a private browser tab. Your search engine may save that for later.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 12:32 PM
(01-06-2017 09:44 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:48 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Atheist upsets local xtians by having a verse from the bible displayed on his truck.

Guess what? It's one of those verses that xtians don't like.

Hilarious!

Unfortunately even for the empathetic left, he is still using the same book they are. But this is the problem with every single religion worldwide. For all the decent empathetic humans in every religion, you still have, under every umbrella label, competing interpretations of the holy writings.

As much as I value even liberal theists, they should understand the further back in time you go, the more conservative the history of interpretation is.

Unfortunately I'd say this guy is being more true to the bible than liberal Christians are. The real reason the sane no longer value that, isn't because of the book itself, but our own natural evolutionary empathy allows humans to ignore the nasty parts.

Point is this sick fuck is still using the same bible as the left.

My brother is a 'lay preacher.' He was recently gleeful because there was a rift in his church about the 'personhood of the Holy Spirit.' He was glad that the loser in the debate took his followers and started a new congregation! I couldn't even understand what the rift was about even after he explained it to me.
04-06-2017, 12:38 PM
(04-06-2017 12:32 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  My brother is a 'lay preacher.' He was recently gleeful because there was a rift in his church about the 'personhood of the Holy Spirit.' He was glad that the loser in the debate took his followers and started a new congregation! I couldn't even understand what the rift was about even after he explained it to me.
One of the last churches I was involved with had that split, too. The son of the last leader and the others had a huge disagreement. Later they fought over copyrights of the previous leader's books.

Odd because they didn't have a policy on the Trinity anyway.
04-06-2017, 12:45 PM
(04-06-2017 12:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  One of the last churches I was involved with had that split, too.
Our catholic priest would often bring forth this point to show how divided they were and how our church was immune to such things.
04-06-2017, 12:50 PM
(04-06-2017 12:45 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 12:38 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  One of the last churches I was involved with had that split, too.
Our catholic priest would often bring forth this point to show how divided they were and how our church was immune to such things.

Then he was being disingenuous.

There is a fundamental split in Catholic doctrine (and I'm not referring to the Great Schism of 1054, a divide which has yet to be healed).

No, I'm referring to the current one, the one by which some Cardinals, Bishops and adherents want Pope Francis to step down.

Report: Some Cardinals Want Pope Francis to Resign, Fear Schism Worse Than The Reformation

Why Pope Francis could be facing a Catholic schism

*edited to fix link*
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
04-06-2017, 12:53 PM
I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."
"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.
"Well, there's so much to live for!"
"Like what?"
"Are you religious?"
He said: "Yes."
I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
"Christian."
"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
"Protestant."
"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
"Baptist."
"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
"Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
"Reformed Baptist Church of God."
"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"
He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."
I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
04-06-2017, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 01:05 PM by sea_tiger.)
Last year my protestant friend heard from someone that a merger between RCC and some protestant denominations may happen.He was really angry about it and bother me a lot by talking 20-30 mins about it and other religious stuff on phone.

Quote:some Cardinals, Bishops and adherents want Pope Francis to step down
I don't know why but I don't like his face.
04-06-2017, 01:07 PM
(01-06-2017 07:53 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  All the christians have to do is edit the damn book.
They've been changing it for thousands of years.
It's why we have so many denominations.

"I don't like this part. If you don't like it too, come join me in the new Hamish denomination. We praise cheesus. That's right folks, ham & cheese forever."

Is Ken Ham the archbishop over there?
04-06-2017, 03:37 PM
(04-06-2017 12:32 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  My brother is a 'lay preacher.' He was recently gleeful because there was a rift in his church about the 'personhood of the Holy Spirit.' He was glad that the loser in the debate took his followers and started a new congregation! I couldn't even understand what the rift was about even after he explained it to me.
Churches have been known to split over very mundane and idiotic things. My childhood church was the product of a 1960's split from the local Baptist congregation over what color the new carpeting in the auditorium should be.

Behold, how they love one another!!
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post