Christians and Evolution - A resource for those in question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Christians and Evolution - A resource for those in question
As many of you know, my brother and I are huge proponents of evolution while retaining the status of Christianity. My brother has written and spoken about many things in regards to this seemingly impossible marriage, and I think his work can be a value library of information for both Christian to Christian conversation and atheist to Christian conversation about evolution. I've posted threads about this subject here, here, and here. However, they are incomplete, and my brother's writing are ongoing; so, instead of posting a new thread every time he writes a new article or does a new podcast, I'm just going to condense everything to this single thread.

The link to his scientific writings and Christianity can be found here (you have to click previous at the bottom of the page in order to reach earlier articles).

The link to his podcasts that relate to science and Christianity can be found here. Oh, as a bonus, yours truly guest stars in some of those podcasts.

As a disclaimer, I always like to tell y'all that these are primarily written for Christians, but I think that they can be a good resource for atheists having a discussion with Christians about the subjects at hand.

So, if you're interested, please give them a look or give them a listen.

Jared is basically committing professional suicide by coming out as an EC, but he feels it necessary to promote truth in regards to science and origins instead of the untruth Ham and his YEC cronies spout.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
19-08-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: Christians and Evolution - A resource for those in question
(19-08-2015 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Jared is basically committing professional suicide by coming out as an EC, but he feels it necessary to promote truth in regards to science and origins instead of the untruth Ham and his YEC cronies spout.

I may have missed this from elsewhere, but what does he do for a living?
19-08-2015, 11:22 AM
(19-08-2015 10:50 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Jared is basically committing professional suicide by coming out as an EC, but he feels it necessary to promote truth in regards to science and origins instead of the untruth Ham and his YEC cronies spout.

I may have missed this from elsewhere, but what does he do for a living?

He was a Baptist pastor, but the constant friction of his "liberal" beliefs and Calvinism caused various churches to get rid of him. He now has a "regular" job and uses his blog as his way to be a pastor.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
19-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Dang - I thought the thread title was Christmas and evolution. Blink

I must assume it is past my lunch time. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-08-2015, 12:17 PM
I think it's good that many believers are stepping up in support of a more progressive stance. I think most would want to, considering their entire belief system could die out if they don't.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-08-2015, 12:21 PM
(19-08-2015 12:17 PM)kim Wrote:  ...
their entire belief system could die out if they don't.

... And that's a bad thing because ... ?

Huh

19-08-2015, 12:49 PM
(19-08-2015 12:17 PM)kim Wrote:  I think it's good that many believers are stepping up in support of a more progressive stance. I think most would want to, considering their entire belief system could die out if they don't.

Jared "came out" officially today as a believer in evolution. He said he's already lost followers on Twitter in forms of Baptist preachers.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
19-08-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm proud of my brother, though. He has a lot more to lose than I ever did when it came to confessing Calvinism or Evolutionary Creationism. I'm prouder still that he can remain humble and gracious towards these dickbags that renounce him as a "true" believer and question his Christianity.

He's much more forgiving than I could ever be.

See... me. I'm an out and out asshole, and I'll happily show them this:

[Image: rnE90.gif]

Prove me wrong using scripture, language, context, science, logic, and history, and will gladly recant my theological beliefs and be open to yours for reconciliation. But if yours can't hold up to the scrutiny mine can, I ain't got time for your drivel and your pretentious attitude.

[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
19-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Tell your brother I said an atheist said thank you for this, as I will lead people to this when I debate them on the evolution subject.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
19-08-2015, 01:04 PM
(19-08-2015 12:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 12:17 PM)kim Wrote:  ...
their entire belief system could die out if they don't.

... And that's a bad thing because ... ?

Huh

Good things come to those who wait. Angel