Christians and Evolution - A resource for those in question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: Christians and Evolution - A resource for those in question
(24-08-2015 02:23 PM)Zoebion Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 11:22 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He was a Baptist pastor, but the constant friction of his "liberal" beliefs and Calvinism caused various churches to get rid of him. He now has a "regular" job and uses his blog as his way to be a pastor.

Or, "uses his blog as a way to piss people off" lol I've been run out of churches for so many reasons, its getting hard to keep track Big Grin

ohhhh shhhiii

He's returned.

Now y'all got two of us.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-08-2015, 04:22 PM
BOTH of them!?!?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
24-08-2015, 09:54 PM
(20-08-2015 02:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We were created/evolved to be sinners and have a sin nature. It wasn't because of any one thing that some ancient goat herder did that we are sinful.

We are sinful because God created us that way, and the purpose of Christ was to give the elect grace and forgiveness for that sin nature.
Or as an alternative,

We aren't all smiles, winks and hugs, holding hands and singing Kumbaya around the campfire, because resources are limited and we must compete for them.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
24-08-2015, 10:06 PM
(24-08-2015 02:26 PM)Zoebion Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 01:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Tell your brother I said an atheist said thank you for this, as I will lead people to this when I debate them on the evolution subject.

Thank you for that. Thumbsup

どいたしまして

and holy crap there are two of them. Will you and your brother speak klingon to each other?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-08-2015, 07:06 AM
(24-08-2015 10:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 02:26 PM)Zoebion Wrote:  Thank you for that. Thumbsup

どいたしまして

and holy crap there are two of them. Will you and your brother speak klingon to each other?

This
[Image: 58485278.jpg]

and this
[Image: 64b57e3c9c5e0ff0d969440bb457c919156888ea...36984c.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Zoebion's post
25-08-2015, 07:14 AM
[Image: human-klingon+revisited.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
25-08-2015, 07:29 AM
Shocking My eyes!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Z, you KC's bro? That was some nice writing you've got on your blog. All with letters n words n shit. Tongue Welcome to Titty-Yay Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
25-08-2015, 08:03 AM
(25-08-2015 07:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Z, you KC's bro? That was some nice writing you've got on your blog. All with letters n words n shit. Tongue Welcome to Titty-Yay Smile

Yep. Thanks. Irony- as a theist, when atheist like your blog better than the Christians you are trying to reeducate. WTH lol. I do live in YEC/Fun(damn)mentalist country though.
[+] 1 user Likes Zoebion's post
25-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Z - My sister lives in Baton Rouge, and all my immediate family are in south Louisiana (my mom was a professor at Louisiana College, and just started this week at LSU-Alexandria). I went to college at McNeese State.

Left Louisiana because the YEC/Fun(damn)mentalist stuff started to annoy me beyond my capacity. I'm up in Missouri now. Big improvement! Rolleyes

I'm sure there are plenty of rational Christians who appreciate your blog work as much as we do, but it definitely is not the kind of thing fundies want to hear... a lot of their self-identity is based on the fantasy that only atheists accept evolution, so in a lot of ways you're more threatening to them than we are. Um, congratulations?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post