Christians and Evolution - A resource for those in question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: Christians and Evolution - A resource for those in question
(25-08-2015 08:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  (my mom was a professor at Louisiana College

He probably knows her.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 08:24 AM
(25-08-2015 08:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Z - My sister lives in Baton Rouge, and all my immediate family are in south Louisiana (my mom was a professor at Louisiana College, and just started this week at LSU-Alexandria). I went to college at McNeese State.

Left Louisiana because the YEC/Fun(damn)mentalist stuff started to annoy me beyond my capacity. I'm up in Missouri now. Big improvement! Rolleyes

I'm sure there are plenty of rational Christians who appreciate your blog work as much as we do, but it definitely is not the kind of thing fundies want to hear... a lot of their self-identity is based on the fantasy that only atheists accept evolution, so in a lot of ways you're more threatening to them than we are. Um, congratulations?

Rocket, I graduated from LC in 2001. When was your mom there? I have been away from Louisiana for 15 years. We moved back down here almost 2 years ago after I got booted out of the church I was at. I'm still a little shell shocked at the ignorance. I was living in Durham, NC, which is really progressive, so it was easier to have intelligent conversations lol. But here? Oh my...

And yes, I am threatening lol. Thank you Yes
25-08-2015, 08:35 AM
(25-08-2015 08:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Z - My sister lives in Baton Rouge, and all my immediate family are in south Louisiana (my mom was a professor at Louisiana College, and just started this week at LSU-Alexandria). I went to college at McNeese State.

Left Louisiana because the YEC/Fun(damn)mentalist stuff started to annoy me beyond my capacity. I'm up in Missouri now. Big improvement! Rolleyes

I'm sure there are plenty of rational Christians who appreciate your blog work as much as we do, but it definitely is not the kind of thing fundies want to hear... a lot of their self-identity is based on the fantasy that only atheists accept evolution, so in a lot of ways you're more threatening to them than we are. Um, congratulations?

All joking aside though, I have been able to have a few good conversations with some YEC's that have been reading my stuff. And yes, there are some rational Christians who have been asking me questions and thanking me for helping them get a grasp on some things.
25-08-2015, 08:39 AM
(25-08-2015 08:24 AM)Zoebion Wrote:  Rocket, I graduated from LC in 2001. When was your mom there? I have been away from Louisiana for 15 years. We moved back down here almost 2 years ago after I got booted out of the church I was at. I'm still a little shell shocked at the ignorance. I was living in Durham, NC, which is really progressive, so it was easier to have intelligent conversations lol. But here? Oh my...

And yes, I am threatening lol. Thank you Yes

She was the head of the theatre/speech department. Dr. D. "Pete" Richardson.

I think almost every LC student took her for Intro to Speech.

Edit to Add: Oh, wait, I don't think she started there until after 2001.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-08-2015, 08:43 AM
Just asked her on FBook; she says she started in '06, so he didn't know her.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
25-08-2015, 08:46 AM
(25-08-2015 08:24 AM)Zoebion Wrote:  Rocket, I graduated from LC in 2001.

Wait... I could have sworn I came and visited during my freshman and sophomore year in college which would have made it 2002-2003. In 2001 I was graduating HS. Y'all where in those crappy married housing.

25-08-2015, 08:50 AM
LC just built a bunch of new housing; it's a lot nicer than it was. I have been to LC twice, for a week, and stayed in the old dorms. Awful! (I was doing Louisiana Baptist All-State Youth Choir.)

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-08-2015, 08:50 AM
(25-08-2015 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 08:24 AM)Zoebion Wrote:  Rocket, I graduated from LC in 2001.

Wait... I could have sworn I came and visited during my freshman and sophomore year in college which would have made it 2002-2003. In 2001 I was graduating HS. Y'all where in those crappy married housing.

Yeah, Michelle was still in nursing school. I graduate a year before she did. It was 2002.
25-08-2015, 08:54 AM
(25-08-2015 08:50 AM)Zoebion Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 08:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait... I could have sworn I came and visited during my freshman and sophomore year in college which would have made it 2002-2003. In 2001 I was graduating HS. Y'all where in those crappy married housing.

Yeah, Michelle was still in nursing school. I graduate a year before she did. It was 2002.

Oh yeah, that's right.

That's when we were collecting Transformers. It's all coming back to me.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
25-08-2015, 10:09 AM
New post up. Trying to help my peeps understand evolution.

[+] 2 users Like Zoebion's post