Christians and Sleep Paralysis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Christians and Sleep Paralysis
I know at least two people who are Christian and have dealt with sleep paralysis. At least that's what I think it is. The symptoms fit really well. They think they've had actual demon attacks though. Sad

I told the one who is my friend. I'm afraid to tell my teacher, though. I get that it feels real. I believe that it felt real to them. Both said that the demons went away when they asked Jesus to save them.

I feel bad that they've had to deal with stuff like that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: Christians and Sleep Paralysis
(21-04-2016 08:02 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I know at least two people who are Christian and have dealt with sleep paralysis. At least that's what I think it is. The symptoms fit really well. They think they've had actual demon attacks though. Sad

I told the one who is my friend. I'm afraid to tell my teacher, though. I get that it feels real. I believe that it felt real to them. Both said that the demons went away when they asked Jesus to save them.

Where do you live? Saudi Arabia?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 08:14 PM
I haven't actually had the full sleep paralysis thing, but as I've mentioned in the dreams thread, I've often had sleep hallucinations upon waking.

I can understand why theists would think of them as demons, because while I've never felt the intense dread that often accompanies these things. The hallucinations themselves are very weird, and seem very real. Usually I see a sort tangled ball off weird lines and shaped, that either clings to things or flies around the room.

Usually happens if I've gone too long without sleep, or I'm stressed out, or drunk... Which, now I think about it, is most of the time really.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
21-04-2016, 08:14 PM
(21-04-2016 08:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 08:02 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I know at least two people who are Christian and have dealt with sleep paralysis. At least that's what I think it is. The symptoms fit really well. They think they've had actual demon attacks though. Sad

Where do you live? Saudi Arabia?

Nope.
21-04-2016, 08:24 PM
I have had a few episodes of sleep paralysis. The last one about a month after I bought this house I'm in now but I did not think it was a demon attack. Actually, I thought I was being assaulted. I woke because I thought I felt someone pinning me full-bodied to the bed. I couldn't move and I actually felt like I had the weight of a grown adult laying on top of me pinning me down. I tried to scream, to move and I was near freaking out (I have a bit of claustrophobia and it kicked in big time) but my mind was working fast and I realized in just a minute what was happening as it'd happened before a few times. I focused hard on just moving my finger tip. The minute I did, the frozen body thing completely vanished. I was fine but wow what an experience.

I can certainly see why people in the old days thought they were being attacked by demons, succubus and gargoyles. Scary. The first time I experience this I was about 14 and yes I was afraid to tell anyone. The second time I was about 30 and I just looked it up on the internet. Smile

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/6...2a18d8.jpg

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
21-04-2016, 08:35 PM
I have only experienced sleep paralysis when I've taken a nap during the day which is interesting, never when I sleep at night and it's very scary and I hate it but I've never felt I was being attacked by demons. I usually will feel like I can't get up and then it feels like I do, I walk around, brush my teeth, etc. and then realize I'm not actually awake and it goes over and over again, like a waking lucid dream of waking up over and over until I finally do and I still feel like my whole body weighs a million pounds.

I used to sleep walk and suffer incubus attacks as a kid and my Catholic parents who believe in demons weren't helping matters. I can see why something that occurs naturally can seem evil or nightmarish if you truly believe in dark spirits. Since I don't believe it's more of an inconvenience since I used to love taking naps.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
21-04-2016, 08:36 PM
(21-04-2016 08:24 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have had a few episodes of sleep paralysis. The last one about a month after I bought this house I'm in now but I did not think it was a demon attack. Actually, I thought I was being assaulted. I woke because I thought I felt someone pinning me full-bodied to the bed. I couldn't move and I actually felt like I had the weight of a grown adult laying on top of me pinning me down. I tried to scream, to move and I was near freaking out (I have a bit of claustrophobia and it kicked in big time) but my mind was working fast and I realized in just a minute what was happening as it'd happened before a few times. I focused hard on just moving my finger tip. The minute I did, the frozen body thing completely vanished. I was fine but wow what an experience.

I can certainly see why people in the old days thought they were being attacked by demons, succubus and gargoyles. Scary. The first time I experience this I was about 14 and yes I was afraid to tell anyone. The second time I was about 30 and I just looked it up on the internet. Smile

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/6...2a18d8.jpg

had that happen to me at least twice i think. it was freaky cause it felt like someone or something was just in the corner of my vision but i couldnt turn my head. my reaction was a bit different though. after a mini freakout i just said fuck it and fell back asleep. later on i googled it and did some research, figuring out what it was. but yeah i can totally understand people in the old days (googless times, i call em) thinking theyre demons or something. especially since the phenomenon is very rare and the chances of bumping into another person in the village that also experienced it is practically nil.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
21-04-2016, 08:39 PM
(21-04-2016 08:24 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I focused hard on just moving my finger tip. The minute I did, the frozen body thing completely vanished. I was fine but wow what an experience.

I usually have to do this as well, just focus on moving one body part. For me it's my entire arm or even my shoulders, just shrugging and flexing them around will help me wake up but if it happens again I'll try one finger and see if that gets me up faster. I am also claustrophobic and it's terrible feeling locked in and like it's taking forever. Sadcryface2

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
21-04-2016, 08:42 PM
I quit eating mushrooms on my pizza because of this sensation. Nothing like trying to get away from something, dreaming about getting away, and kicking one's wife while in bed, thinking that I'm getting away. Blink
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
21-04-2016, 09:02 PM
(21-04-2016 08:35 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I have only experienced sleep paralysis when I've taken a nap during the day which is interesting, never when I sleep at night and it's very scary and I hate it but I've never felt I was being attacked by demons. I usually will feel like I can't get up and then it feels like I do, I walk around, brush my teeth, etc. and then realize I'm not actually awake and it goes over and over again, like a waking lucid dream of waking up over and over until I finally do and I still feel like my whole body weighs a million pounds.

I used to sleep walk and suffer incubus attacks as a kid and my Catholic parents who believe in demons weren't helping matters. I can see why something that occurs naturally can seem evil or nightmarish if you truly believe in dark spirits. Since I don't believe it's more of an inconvenience since I used to love taking naps.

I don't think that is actually sleep paralysis... I think that's called a false awakening.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user