Christians and sunsets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Christians and sunsets
Can someone please explain Rayleigh scattering to believers. If I see one more picture of a sunset that a believer thinks is a love note to them from god... I'm going punch something. While you're at it, explain cloud formation to them too.
[Image: bible-god-quotes-527.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Noelani's post
29-01-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Christians and sunsets
You could try to explain it. But if it doesn't fit what their cult has beaten into their heads, you're an idiot. Makes me sad...I will punch stuff with you

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 12:09 PM
It is a big ole rabbit hole when bringing in scientific processes and explanations. The response is just another step further - "well god designed the principles that make it that way". I guess he designed bone cancer in children and typhoons.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
29-01-2014, 12:12 PM
I see a naked womens butt in those clouds,laying on her belly, at the right lower corner (the dark part).... THANK YOU JEBUS ! Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
29-01-2014, 12:14 PM
But, but...the cloud formations were the work of His hands, weren't they? Sadcryface

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-01-2014, 12:14 PM
(29-01-2014 12:12 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I see a naked womens butt in those clouds,laying on her belly, at the right lower corner (the dark part).... THANK YOU JEBUS ! Drooling

LOL I see it too...R'amen!

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post
29-01-2014, 12:50 PM
(29-01-2014 12:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But, but...the cloud formations were the work of His hands, weren't they? Sadcryface

Proof that god wants me to masturbate..... Tongue

(29-01-2014 12:14 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 12:12 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I see a naked womens butt in those clouds,laying on her belly, at the right lower corner (the dark part).... THANK YOU JEBUS ! Drooling

LOL I see it too...R'amen!

R'amen, and may the Hitch slap be with you my child. Wink
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
29-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Or, you can turn the whole thing on its head:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
[Image: chickasha-tornado-7f26ff937f86fd1f4d0025...s6-c30.jpg]

Trollolol
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
29-01-2014, 01:50 PM
(29-01-2014 01:44 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Or, you can turn the whole thing on its head:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
[Image: chickasha-tornado-7f26ff937f86fd1f4d0025...s6-c30.jpg]

Trollolol

In this picture I see a big penis fucking the earth...maybe we should take it literally when the X-ians say Jesus is coming...just saying. Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
29-01-2014, 01:53 PM
No,no, no.... you guys are way to dramatic... I see a big boob at the top left. Wink