Christians are So Nice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Christians are So Nice
OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. — An Osceola County man returned to his home recently to find a line of cinder blocks cemented down the middle of his driveway. He said his neighbor did it, claiming half the driveway was on his property.

"I just hate to be bullied," homeowner Oliver Lynch said.

Lynch said a new neighbor building a home on an adjacent vacant lot decided part of Lynch's driveway was his property.

Lynch said it happened without warning.

"I have little fight left in me, and I hate to see somebody bulldoze over me," Lynch said.
Photos: Blocked off driveway
Lynch has records that show two 12-foot driveways are allowed side-by-side.

A county spokesman agreed but suggested the two residents bring in a surveyor or take up the matter in court.

Lynch, 79, said he can't believe he'll need to resort to legal action.

"What's he going do with these extra few yards of concrete?" Lynch asked.

WFTV's Ryan Hughes tried to track down the man who placed the blocks on Lynch's driveway but was unsuccessful.

Lynch said he talked to the man a few times but said the man won't budge on the matter.

"He said he was a minister or something like that. (A) God-fearing man. But I don't think that's very Christian-like," Lynch said.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/national/m...-dr/nmMB3/

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Christians are So Nice
what an asshole thing to do.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
24-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Thats stupid. Even if the land belonged to the neighbor, the owner of the driveway has an easement - he has used it for a long time without interference. He has a right to keep using it regardless of who owns it.

The christian sucks, the judge sucks, the whole story sucks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-05-2015, 12:48 PM
(24-05-2015 12:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Thats stupid. Even if the land belonged to the neighbor, the owner of the driveway has an easement - he has used it for a long time without interference. He has a right to keep using it regardless of who owns it.

What judge? Dude with the driveway issue hasn't gone to court and is surprised he would need to.

But yeah, it sucks.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-05-2015, 12:54 PM
(24-05-2015 12:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 12:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Thats stupid. Even if the land belonged to the neighbor, the owner of the driveway has an easement - he has used it for a long time without interference. He has a right to keep using it regardless of who owns it.

What judge? Dude with the driveway issue hasn't gone to court and is surprised he would need to.

But yeah, it sucks.

Ok, county spokesman, not judge.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-05-2015, 12:57 PM

How do you know he has an easement?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Perhaps this is the concrete version of parting the Red Sea.

- It's too bad that people can't just try to work out differences. Reasonable people should be able to find reasonable solutions.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2015, 01:10 PM
(24-05-2015 12:57 PM)BnW Wrote:  

How do you know he has an easement?

I am assuming he has lived there and used his driveway for a number of years. Of course, if he just moved there, he doesn't.

24-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Does this really need to be taken to court? Rational adults should be able to communicate with each other like rational adults and come to an agreement without any court involvement.

[Image: z555d8ccd8ce21.gif]
24-05-2015, 01:17 PM
(24-05-2015 01:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 12:57 PM)BnW Wrote:  How do you know he has an easement?

I am assuming he has lived there and used his driveway for a number of years. Of course, if he just moved there, he doesn't.

It seems the neighbor just purchased the property so if that is the case and the driveway is on their property then they are completely within the rights to do as they have done, a bit dickish however. Looks like it was an empty plot previously.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post