Christians are So Nice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Christians are So Nice
I remember one back in the 80's --- a guy bought a house in a neighborhood, and when he tried putting up a flagpole - he caught all sorts of heat from the "neighborhood committee" ---who stayed on his ass for absolutely ANYTHING he tried doing.......

He ended up moving -- and leased the house out for 50 years to the Hell's Angels for $1.

payback is great if you can afford it......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2015, 06:55 PM
(24-05-2015 02:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I remember one back in the 80's --- a guy bought a house in a neighborhood, and when he tried putting up a flagpole - he caught all sorts of heat from the "neighborhood committee" ---who stayed on his ass for absolutely ANYTHING he tried doing.......

He ended up moving -- and leased the house out for 50 years to the Hell's Angels for $1.

payback is great if you can afford it......

Or the guy who bought a house across from Westboro and painted it in rainbow colors. Made it into a LBGT center.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
24-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Quote:Rational adults should be able to communicate with each other

Um...it's Florida.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
24-05-2015, 07:08 PM
(24-05-2015 01:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 01:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am assuming he has lived there and used his driveway for a number of years. Of course, if he just moved there, he doesn't.

It seems the neighbor just purchased the property so if that is the case and the driveway is on their property then they are completely within the rights to do as they have done, a bit dickish however. Looks like it was an empty plot previously.

Not necessarily so: adverse possession.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2015, 07:13 PM
(24-05-2015 07:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 01:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It seems the neighbor just purchased the property so if that is the case and the driveway is on their property then they are completely within the rights to do as they have done, a bit dickish however. Looks like it was an empty plot previously.

Not necessarily so: adverse possession.

It seems this being a new owner who has taken immediate steps rather sidesteps the issues brought here. Unless the party bringing the claim of easement paid property taxes on the land in question they do't have much claim to it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-05-2015, 07:21 PM
I'll defer to whatever BnW says about the legalities of this. He is a better lawyer than I am when it comes to this complicated stuff. Now, if one of those guys shoots the other one, I'll give you an opinion. Big Grin
24-05-2015, 07:27 PM
It would seem to me that if this whole thing started because of new purchase of one or the other pieces of property surveying the property lines should have been part of it.

If there was dispute over who owns what, it should have been resolved before any sale was finalized.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-05-2015, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2015 08:26 PM by Chas.)
(24-05-2015 07:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 07:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not necessarily so: adverse possession.

It seems this being a new owner who has taken immediate steps rather sidesteps the issues brought here.

Again, not necessarily so:
"Another court in Ohio found an implied permission from neighborly accommodation when the neighbor had used a private road for access for over 40 years. When the property was sold, the new owner had no right to the road."

Quote:Unless the party bringing the claim of easement paid property taxes on the land in question they do't have much claim to it.

"But there are also important differences. First, payment of property taxes is never
necessary for a successful prescriptive easement claim. "

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Some people don't know where their property begins and ends. When I bought my houses, I got the seller to pay for a survey, it saves from these surprises in the future.
Just looking at a plat isn't enough.
24-05-2015, 08:55 PM
(24-05-2015 08:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 07:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It seems this being a new owner who has taken immediate steps rather sidesteps the issues brought here.

"Another court in Ohio found an implied permission from neighborly accommodation when the neighbor had used a private road for access for over 40 years. When the property was sold, the new owner had no right to the road."

Quote:Unless the party bringing the claim of easement paid property taxes on the land in question they do't have much claim to it.

"But there are also important differences. First, payment of property taxes is never
necessary for a successful prescriptive easement claim. "

The law is murky but in almost all cases it required a previous agreement with an owner, in this case it was not an owned lot so that doesn't exist. All this is moot of course if this driveway is not on the other guys property.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense