Christians continue to be persecuted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 05:09 PM
RE: Christians continue to be persecuted.
(09-10-2014 04:22 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  I would plan ahead so I wouldn't be in that situation but even if I were I wouldn't go running to the government. This is the problem in America today - everyone wants people to cater to them and use the government to force them to.

Okay. You would plan ahead to avoid that situation. Let's say you had mapped out gas stations and calculated your gas mileage so that you'd have to have three stations in a row turn you away before you ran dry. And let's say that three stations did just that because you're a Christian, and you ran out of gas despite your plans.

Somehow you survive. Check. You don't go running to the government. Check. But let's say you talk about it afterwards on a forum like this one. Would you extoll what happened as freedom of business, or would you condemn it as persecution of Christians? Which fits best in your mind? One? The other? Both? Neither? No government involved here, not asking about whether you'd involve them or not, whether you'd want them involved or not. That's not my question and it never was. Just some private citizens turning you away and not a g-man in sight. What I'm asking is, would you view them denying you service and kicking you out onto the hot desert road without water, without gas, and with the only hope of either being a dozen miles away, on the grounds of being Christian... would you describe that as freedom, or persecution? Both? Neither?

Because that's the topic of this thread. Persecution of Christians. Not government, not business, not the relationship between the two. Persecution.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
09-10-2014, 05:13 PM
(07-10-2014 11:40 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/0...n-at-home/
Atheists can continue to try to silence the voice of God but God will never be silenced!

In your first paragraph, I just found the reason why you are wrong.

Quote:The Human Rights Commission in Lexington, Kentucky has a chilling message for Christian business owners who refuse service to LGBT organizations: leave your religion at home.

So, in order to bring some perspective to what you are whinning about, you are persecuting the LGBT community in the same way that black people were persicuted a long time ago. A group of secular minded people are outraged that in this enlightened day in age, these people are being refused service to a place that they want to come to and spend money and then leave. The reason for refusal is a religious reason, and not because they are causing trouble, or doing anything that would ever possibly hurt their business. If anything, support of these groups coming in and spending money would INCREASE their profit and the social status of their community support.

By rejecting and persecuting these people, they are not only comiting a hate crime in a sense, but they are using their religion as the sole and only reason to do so which is NOT A VIRTUE OR MORAL!

I would do more, but Fuck it. I am pretty sure I win with just this alone.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
09-10-2014, 05:17 PM
(09-10-2014 04:13 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 03:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't think that works with a privately owned business. Pretty sure a privately owned business discriminate all they want to when it comes to whom they want to serve.

To my understanding, protection only comes from being employed.

This is what I understand, too.

Also, they can even charge different rates. A couple years back, there was a guy who had a coffee shop who would charge people who identified as liberal or Democrats more to "offset the cost of the ACA". So far as I remember, that was 100% legal.

I'm pretty sure that's not right. It boils down to what is a "protected class"? There are federal definitions including gender, race, national origin, religion, physical disability and others. And apparently in Lexington, KY a local ordinance also considers sexual orientation a protected class. Political affiliation is not a protected class so there's no problem with denying service or charging different rates based on that. If, on the other hand, a diner offers a discount for customers who pray before their meals or charges different rates based on religious affiliation the ACLU will be all over their ass.
[Image: diner.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-10-2014, 05:19 PM
(09-10-2014 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 04:13 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  This is what I understand, too.

Also, they can even charge different rates. A couple years back, there was a guy who had a coffee shop who would charge people who identified as liberal or Democrats more to "offset the cost of the ACA". So far as I remember, that was 100% legal.

I'm pretty sure that's not right. It boils down to what is a "protected class"? There are federal definitions including gender, race, national origin, religion, physical disability and others. And apparently in Lexington, KY a local ordinance also considers sexual orientation a protected class. Political affiliation is not a protected class so there's no problem with denying service or charging different rates based on that. If, on the other hand, a diner offers a discount for customers who pray before their meals or charges different rates based on religious affiliation the ACLU will be all over their ass.
[Image: diner.jpg]

Girlyman, I love you for that picture, If you were here, I would man hug you right now!

Thank You.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
09-10-2014, 05:24 PM
(09-10-2014 04:31 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  No! I am asking for everyone to have freedom. Apparently though you people are against freedom and for dictatorship.

Cool; never heard of a dictatorship which pursued equality before.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-10-2014, 06:25 PM
(09-10-2014 04:31 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  No! I am asking for everyone to have freedom. Apparently though you people are against freedom and for dictatorship.

"Now it's, let him live in freedom, if he lives like me.' "

kudos to unfogged. Thumbsup

#sigh
09-10-2014, 07:52 PM
(09-10-2014 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 04:13 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  This is what I understand, too.

I'm pretty sure that's not right.

I went to Google it to try and find some details, and I can't find anything. Either I'm remembering enough details wrong that I'm not searching for the right thing, or I'm flat-out wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.
09-10-2014, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 09:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-10-2014 07:52 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that's not right.

I went to Google it to try and find some details, and I can't find anything. Either I'm remembering enough details wrong that I'm not searching for the right thing, or I'm flat-out wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Google "protected class" silly. Tongue

#sigh
09-10-2014, 09:20 PM
(07-10-2014 11:40 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/0...n-at-home/
Atheists can continue to try to silence the voice of God but God will never be silenced!

I love this bit from the article -

Quote:Take just a moment and let that sink in – a Christian business owner is being ordered to attend diversity training – because of his religious beliefs. That’s a pretty frightening concept and a mighty dangerous precedent.

Anyone who thinks that his/her way is the only right way, and that everyone else needs to capitulate, then they DEFINITELY need diversity training!
09-10-2014, 09:24 PM
What the fuck people? Shocking

Have you never heard of civil rights? How about we start with the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Quote:The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88–352, 78 Stat. 241, enacted July 2, 1964) is a landmark piece of civil rights legislation in the United States
that outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. It ended unequal application of voter registration requirements
and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public (known as "public accommodations").

Why is it Christians, Republicans, and southerners are so fucking contemptuous and ignorant of the laws of the country they claim to love?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post