Christians continue to be persecuted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Christians continue to be persecuted.
(09-10-2014 09:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  What the fuck people? Shocking

Have you never heard of civil rights? How about we start with the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Quote:The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88–352, 78 Stat. 241, enacted July 2, 1964) is a landmark piece of civil rights legislation in the United States
that outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. It ended unequal application of voter registration requirements
and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public (known as "public accommodations").

Why is it Christians, Republicans, and southerners are so fucking contemptuous and ignorant of the laws of the country they claim to love?

They are frightened. They should be.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2014, 09:35 PM

Have you never heard of civil rights? How about we start with the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Quote:The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88–352, 78 Stat. 241, enacted July 2, 1964) is a landmark piece of civil rights legislation in the United States
that outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. It ended unequal application of voter registration requirements
and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public (known as "public accommodations").

Why is it Christians, Republicans, and southerners are so fucking contemptuous and ignorant of the laws of the country they claim to love?
Watch it. Not all southerners are bigots.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
09-10-2014, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 07:31 AM by Anjele.)
How in the hell can Christians (especially in America) claim persecution?

There's a church on every other corner-and they aren't taxed like every other piece of real estate and business. City hall meetings and high school graduations are opened with Christian prayers (often sneakily referred to as invocations). Instead of 'thank you, have a nice day' it's not uncommon to hear 'have a blessed day' when completing a business transaction. Church bells are allowed to toll but train whistles are silenced because the noise is intrusive. Gawd is on our money and in the pledge.

Seems they aren't persecuted but are promoted.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
09-10-2014, 10:04 PM
(09-10-2014 09:35 PM)wazzel Wrote:  

Watch it. Not all southerners are bigots.

Nor are all Christians.

Not so sure about Republicans, though. Dodgy

I really should have phrased it differently, but I was just so goddamned angry at the ignorance displayed here.

Why is it always Christians, Republicans, and southerners who display so much fucking contempt and ignorance of the laws of the country they claim to love?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2014, 10:09 PM
They're upset because they realize they have to follow the same rules as everybody else. That, therefore, qualifies as "persecution".

Well, fuck you. I've had enough already, with your exemptions on things like tax codes, zoning ordinances, and all the other burdens the rest of us have to shoulder.

Go fuck yourself!
09-10-2014, 11:11 PM
(09-10-2014 09:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why is it Christians, Republicans, and southerners are so fucking contemptuous and ignorant of the laws of the country they claim to love?

Not all southerners are racist - and I've seen quite a few racist northerners. Doesn't Indiana have a large KKK membership?

I've come to the conclusion it's ignorance, lack of education, and failure to develop critical thinking skills. Many racist persons have never been forced to think outside the box. It's the unknown. From personal experience, the most racist towns are NOT ones that are culturally diverse such as Huntsville, but primarily white, such as Cullman. One of the schools I went to had only one black student at the middle school I attended, and she lived at the orphanage. It was a VERY racist town. I remember seeing the klan march; there was also a sign that said "Don't let the sun set on your n***** ass." The sign was torn down in the late 90s, and there have been vast improvements in race relations in the past decade. I didn't fit in either, as I was not born there and didn't have a southern accent (I had spent a few years in Virginia). It's not just race, it's anyone that is "different" when you are dealing with that mentality.

When you spend time working with hard working economically disadvantaged persons it changes your outlook. I used to be anti government healthcare, mostly because I was raised to be a Republican. I live in a country where many breast cancers are treatable. There is no reason a 27 year old mother should come into the ER, dying, KNOWING she had breast cancer and yet had rotting flesh for months, but had no health insurance through her job. She died needlessly - I didn't watch her die, but I was there when she was told there was no hope as the disease had progressed too far. There is no reason a 31 year old mother of three should have walked up to the triage desk where I was sitting on the 28th of the month, tell me her insurance kicked in on the 1st, while gasping for breath, and tell me she either had bronchitis or it was the AAA that she was waiting to be repaired when her insurance became effective in a few days. She FUCKING DIED thirty minutes later when her aneurysm ruptured during her CT. Obviously, I'm still traumatized. Actually, that is one of the MOST traumatizing cases I was involved with, as it could have been treatable and she had her little children with her. USA a first world country? Then this shit shouldn't be fucking happening.

Must be nice to have a god that had blessed you with good health, straight children without disabilities, a hefty bank account, white skin, and a pompous attitude. Poor persecuted Christian. They can't pray over the loud speaker at football games. Or refuse to wait on the table of a gay couple. The horrors.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
09-10-2014, 11:29 PM

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
09-10-2014, 11:38 PM
(09-10-2014 11:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I used to be anti government healthcare, mostly because I was raised to be a Republican. I live in a country where many breast cancers are treatable. There is no reason a 27 year old mother should come into the ER, dying, KNOWING she had breast cancer and yet had rotting flesh for months, but had no health insurance through her job. She died needlessly - I didn't watch her die, but I was there when she was told there was no hope as the disease had progressed too far. There is no reason a 31 year old mother of three should have walked up to the triage desk where I was sitting on the 28th of the month, tell me her insurance kicked in on the 1st, while gasping for breath, and tell me she either had bronchitis or it was the AAA that she was waiting to be repaired when her insurance became effective in a few days. She FUCKING DIED thirty minutes later when her aneurysm ruptured during her CT. Obviously, I'm still traumatized. Actually, that is one of the MOST traumatizing cases I was involved with, as it could have been treatable and she had her little children with her. USA a first world country? Then this shit shouldn't be fucking happening.

I am always bothered by medical ethics stuff. Like, fair enough, it's a difficult profession and doctors, nurses and other professionals can be sued if they get stuff wrong, and also should be fairly compensated for the hard work that they put in... but... there's definitely something wrong when it becomes a money issue. On the other hand, you can't just ignore the money...

I went to a really good talk a few months ago by a doctor here in SA about the difficulties of setting up a national health care scheme here (here if you don't have private health insurance you. are. fucked. Period.)... It's a difficult problem right enough, but for example, Canada are *way* more jacked than we are, so in principle it's not insoluble.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-10-2014, 06:48 AM
(09-10-2014 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 07:52 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I went to Google it to try and find some details, and I can't find anything. Either I'm remembering enough details wrong that I'm not searching for the right thing, or I'm flat-out wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Google "protected class" silly. Tongue

No, I meant I went to Google the incident I previously described. I can't find anything on it, so I'm likely misremembering something, if not the whole thing.
10-10-2014, 06:49 AM

Why are all old people so cantankerous?

Drinking Beverage

Am I doing this right?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post